Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Tokyo 1945, Tokyo 2009
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Tokyo 1945, Tokyo 2009 (Read 1,725 times)
patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Tokyo 1945, Tokyo 2009
Reply #10 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Apr 15th, 2015 at 4:22pm:
A ridiculous post deserves a ridiculous reply.

John Adam's, 2nd President of United States, bows three times before Britain's King George III !!!!!!!!!:

Hussein bowing to the emperor was ridiculous.  Does he listen to his protocol handler?  As an equal, Hussein owed no bow.  In Japanese culture, the degree of inclination shows the relative position of the bower and the bowee.  Hussein's bow is at the level of whoever cleans the toilets in the imperial palace.   Grin

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #11 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 7:52am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Apr 15th, 2015 at 3:26pm:

The Jap is shacking hands (American Greeting). Obama is doing the Jap greeting. Damn him!!!

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #12 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 7:54am
Print Post  

Holding hands looks better?

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #13 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 8:20am
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 7:54am:

Definitely, particularly when standing tall and erect.  Looks much more regal/Presidential than bowing like a servant.  Thanks for the picture that proves the point.  Smiley

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #14 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 9:30am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 2:07am:
Hussein bowing to the emperor was ridiculous. Does he listen to his protocol handler? As an equal, Hussein owed no bow. In Japanese culture, the degree of inclination shows the relative position of the bower and the bowee. Hussein's bow is at the level of whoever cleans the toilets in the imperial palace. Grin

Maybe you are right.  Do not know.  Who cares though?

Christ Pantocrator

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #15 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 9:30am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 8:20am:
Definitely, particularly when standing tall and erect. Looks much more regal/Presidential than bowing like a servant. Thanks for the picture that proves the point. Smiley

Again, in Japan it is the same thing as shaking hands. So if you slam Obama for his greeting then you must do the same for Bush. There is nothing wrong with respecting another culture. I understand Christianity disagrees, but Bush is a Christian and he showed respect to another culture just as did Obama.

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #16 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 9:45am
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 9:30am:
Again, in Japan it is the same thing as shaking hands. So if you slam Obama for his greeting then you must do the same for Bush. There is nothing wrong with respecting another culture. I understand Christianity disagrees, but Bush is a Christian and he showed respect to another culture just as did Obama.

The hand holding has nothing to do with Islam or Christianity.

Men holding hands and kissing each other is big around the Mediterranean basin and in the Middle East.

There are a lot of Italians where I live, Northeast Ohio is one of the Italian diaspora's in America. 

Half my ancestry comes from the British Isles, half from southern Italy.  I think I got the British Isles side and my brother the Italian side (though I do talk with my hands like an Italian).

Anyways, after a certain age I naturally stopped kissing my dad.  My brother, at least as long as he lived at home, never stopped kissing my dad good night on the cheek, which appeared weird to me, but I think this was simply an aspect of the Italian in him.  But, it is a well-recognized characteristic of these Mediterranean and Arab types.

Christ Pantocrator

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #17 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 9:52am
Print Post  
I said culture, and it is being accepted by both presidents. The Christian religion has a hard time accepting other cultures. That's why you have a problem with Obama respecting our allies culture, and you want to ignore that Bush did the same thing.

There is nothing wrong with either picture.

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #18 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 10:34am
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 9:52am:
The Christian religion has a hard time accepting other cultures.

I would say most (not all) Christians have a hard time accepting that there could be any reality to non-Christian religions.

As to culture, people generally tend to assume their culture is the best and other cultures are inferior. This is just the way people are.

Quote:
That's why you have a problem with Obama respecting our allies culture, and you want to ignore that Bush did the same thing.

There is nothing wrong with either picture.

I do not have a problem with what Obama did.

Christ Pantocrator

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #19 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 2:39pm
Print Post  

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Tokyo 1945, Tokyo 2009

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules