Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Clinton Foundation, still takes cash from foreign doners
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Clinton Foundation, still takes cash from foreign doners (Read 1,218 times)
Zephyr
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Clinton Foundation, still takes cash from foreign doners
Apr 16th, 2015 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Clintons vow no retreat on foreign cash - WSJ: The board of the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation has decided to continue accepting donations from foreign governments, primarily from six countries, even though Hillary Clinton is running for president, a summary of the new policy to be released Thursday shows. The rules would permit donations from Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway and the U.K.-countries that support or have supported Clinton Foundation programs on health, poverty and climate change, according to the summary. That means other nations would be prohibited from making large donations to the foundation. But those governments would be allowed to participate in the Clinton Global Initiative, a subsidiary of the foundation where companies, nonprofit groups and government officials work on solutions to global problems.

I wonder how much the Clintons pay themselves?

How many favors will she owe,if elected?

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: Clinton Foundation, still takes cash from foreign doners
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Zephyr wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 7:22pm:
Clintons vow no retreat on foreign cash - WSJ: The board of the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation has decided to continue accepting donations from foreign governments, primarily from six countries, even though Hillary Clinton is running for president, a summary of the new policy to be released Thursday shows. The rules would permit donations from Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway and the U.K.-countries that support or have supported Clinton Foundation programs on health, poverty and climate change, according to the summary. That means other nations would be prohibited from making large donations to the foundation. But those governments would be allowed to participate in the Clinton Global Initiative, a subsidiary of the foundation where companies, nonprofit groups and government officials work on solutions to global problems.

I wonder how much the Clintons pay themselves?

How many favors will she owe,if elected?

There should not be the assumption that by donating to a foundation you are owed any favors.

IP Logged

Malice in Wonderland
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Possibly Logical wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 7:40pm:
There should not be the assumption that by donating to a foundation you are owed any favors.

Especially when it is the Clintons and one was the secretary of state.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Hellary getting caught in more lies. Her grandparents were born here. I admit, she has a way to go to catch up to Bill or Obama. But she is closing the gap. I would rather have the real Al Capone for president than Hellary. He would consider us family and make sure we were happy and safe. And I am sure there would be a lot of Iranians sleeping with the fishes.
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Malice in Wonderland
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 10:12pm:
Hellary getting caught in more lies. Her grandparents were born here. I admit, she has a way to go to catch up to Bill or Obama. But she is closing the gap. I would rather have the real Al Capone for president than Hellary. He would consider us family and make sure we were happy and safe. And I am sure there would be a lot of Iranians sleeping with the fishes.
Smiley

Her biggest problem is her campaign. What a disaster.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Malice in Wonderland wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 10:22pm:
Her biggest problem is her campaign. What a disaster.

The ignorant that vote for the D will still vote for her. Obama, Hellary, what difference does it make now? All they see is that D, they are ignorant of the person and the agenda. Hit that D. Duh.

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Malice in Wonderland
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 10:30pm:
The ignorant that vote for the D will still vote for her. Obama, Hellary, what difference does it make now? All they see is that D, they are ignorant of the person and the agenda. Hit that D. Duh.

Smiley

I know but she is being hammered by the democrats and they have no alternative. What a few years make! In 2008 the GOP was declared a minority party for decades...

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #7 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 6:26am
Print Post  
Can I mark you all down as being in favor of banning foreign and secret money from super PACs?  Because it's wide open now...

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 6:28am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 6:26am:
Can I mark you all down as being in favor of banning foreign and secret money from super PACs? Because it's wide open now...

I am all game for that.  Nothing should be in secret when it comes to running for public office, regarding campaign money.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

POPEYE the SAILOR MAN
LNF Majority Leader

I am what I am and Thats
all I am

Reply #9 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 8:50pm
Print Post  

I HILLARY I remember landing under sniper fire." There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, "but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.

BENGHAZI

"The Washington Post reported last week that the tax-exempt foundation run by Bill and Hillary Clinton accepted money from seven foreign governments while Hillary served as U.S. Secretary of State (its unclear how much foreign money the organization accepted while Hillary was a U.S. Senator). Super shady, right? Its worse than that, though, because Article I, Section 9 of the U.S. Constitution actually bans foreign payola for U.S. officials.

The constitutional ban on foreign cash payments to U.S. officials is known as the Emoluments Clause and originated from Article VI of the Articles of Confederation. The purpose of the clause was to prevent foreign governments from buying influence in the U.S. by paying off U.S. government officials. Heres the text of the clause:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Various statutes and rules have been promulgated to effect the constitutional ban on foreign cash. The U.S. House of Representatives bans cash payments from foreign governments. The U.S. Senate, of which Hillary was a member from 2001 to 2009, bans cash payments from foreign governments. And the U.S. State Department bans cash payments from foreign governments. Lets take a look at the specific language from the State Dept.:

Executive branch employees are subject to restrictions on the gifts that they may accept from sources outside the Government. Unless an exception applies, executive branch employees may not accept gifts that are given because of their official positions or that come from certain interested sources (prohibited sources).

A prohibited source is a person (or an organization made up of such persons) who: is seeking official action by, is doing business or seeking to do business with, or is regulated by the employees agency, or has interests that may be substantially affected by performance or nonperformance of the employees official duties. "

Undecided

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2983112/Hillary-Clinton-s-brother-landed...

3.1 BILLION Shocked
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015 at 8:57pm by POPEYE the SAILOR MAN »  

I HILLARY I remember landing under sniper fire." There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, "but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.

Toot TooT

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Clinton Foundation, still takes cash from foreign doners

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules