Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Interesting Headline Juxtaposition
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Interesting Headline Juxtaposition (Read 1,390 times)
Fıddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Re: Interesting Headline Juxtaposition
Reply #10 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 2:09pm:
It is possible. Do you think it's likely?

I don't put anything past business dirty tricks..

Years ago starting out as a programmer for Monsanto Textile Division I was asked to help the sales group to find the quantity of 2nd quality fiber a customer could be given before they complained.  The sales group then would see that each customer received just enough 2nd quality but not enough to complain.

Fortunately I was able to buy into my first business and leave before the ick overwhelmed me.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #11 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Fıddler wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 2:34pm:
I don't put anything past business dirty tricks..

Years ago starting out as a programmer for Monsanto Textile Division I was asked to help the sales group to find the quantity of 2nd quality fiber a customer could be given before they complained. The sales group then would see that each customer received just enough 2nd quality but not enough to complain.

Fortunately I was able to buy into my first business and leave before the ick overwhelmed me.

Yes, with the power of government regulations, courts, and contracts behind them, these corporations like Monsanto truly act as additional arms of the state and should be skeptically considered by all patriots and free-thinkers.

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 3:55pm
Print Post  

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #13 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
I have seen a lot about the store closings. Mostly because Walmart has said very little and has not applied for any permits related to plumbing work.

The stores seem to have been chosen at random.

I would bet it is not related to protests, and that it IS related to plumbing, but there is some reason they are staying so quiet about it.

I tried searching google a couple days ago for an answer, and only found one post somewhere (don't have the link anymore) that had, what I thought was the most plausible idea.

Since there are very few plumbing projects that take six months and since they shut down the stores very suddenly, it would have to be something that takes a lot of work to fix and something that, if not up to code, would be a major problem if the stores continued to operate.

The idea was that it was related to the fire sprinkler system. Those things run through the entire buildings and would probably take lots of planning, tearing down and rebuilding to replace. It is also a system without which it would be a really bad idea to keep the store running longer than necessary.

I think that is the most plausible.  And would explain why they have stayed so quiet.  Nobody wants to tell staff and customers that they store they have spent so much time in was a major fire hazard.

As far as the random, spread out nature of the locations, it could be something as simple as a single contractor that was responsible for all of them.

Or if it is a different plumbing issue or set of issues, perhaps they have maintenance programs that use some formula to indicate the most urgent need and these five were the chosen ones.

Really strange though.

IP Logged

notime
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #14 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
And Walmart is paying the part time employees for two months. Doesn't sound like retribution to me.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #15 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 7:21am
Print Post  
Seems to me that if any business wants to close its doors for any reason, it has that right.  The business also has the right to do it on a permanent or a temporary basis.  I do not believe that the State has the right to tell that business to remain open.  IMO, the State screws situations up much more than businesses do.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Interesting Headline Juxtaposition

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules