Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Someone to look up to.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Someone to look up to. (Read 6,291 times)
Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Someone to look up to.
Reply #30 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 19th, 2015 at 11:07pm:
Read the article that Archie posted

Is this really talking over your head?

If you are a landlord, and you have your apartments updated, painted, and retargeted, and it costs you xxxxx. You are allowed to use that to reduce your taxes by subtracting the costs from you profits.

Any corporation, do you think they should be taxed on the profit before subtracting the cost per employee for wages medical benefits etc.?

Oil companies get to use what it costs them to drill, refine, and pay the help, what it costs to do business overseas and all other LEGAL options. Just so you know. After all is paid for, the oil companies make about 8 cents per gallon of gas sold. 8 CENTS. They do all the work and get it delivered to your gas station, for 8 cents a gallon. Tell me what your state gas tax is, then tell me what the federal tax per gallon is. You don’t know what the hell you are talking about, like the otter liberal democrat Obama lovers you are as brain washed as a fish. I told you what oil companies pay in taxes. Now you list the subsidies the government gives the oil companies.

Just what are those tax breaks the president wants to take away from Big Oil? Here’s the three biggest ones. First off, the president doesn’t think that oil companies should be able to get credit on their U.S. income tax bills for all the billions in income taxes they pay to oil-rich regimes around the world. Second, the president doesn’t think Big Oil should be allowed to deduct from taxable income some of those costs incurred in exploring for oil and drilling wells. Third, the president wants to cancel oil companies’ domestic manufacturing tax deduction of 6% of the value of oil and gas they produce in the United States.
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #31 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 19th, 2015 at 10:48pm:
Never heard of corporate welfare.  Well I guess not.  Your too upset about those foodstamps

Tax laws 101.

Oil & Gas Tax Provisions Are Not Subsidies For "Big Oil" - ForbesJan 2, 2013 ... I guess when I drilled 17 dry holes in a row I missed that pay window. ... recent
congressional hearing, the oil and natural gas industry does not actually receive
any tax “subsidies” from the federal government, ... “subsidy” for “big oil”, this tax
treatment was in fact repealed for all integrated oil companies, i.e., ...http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidblackmon/2013/01/02/oil-gas-tax-provisions-are-...
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #32 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 2:35pm:
Tax laws 101.

Oil & Gas Tax Provisions Are Not Subsidies For "Big Oil" - ForbesJan 2, 2013 ... I guess when I drilled 17 dry holes in a row I missed that pay window. ... recent
congressional hearing, the oil and natural gas industry does not actually receive
any tax “subsidies” from the federal government, ... “subsidy” for “big oil”, this tax
treatment was in fact repealed for all integrated oil companies, i.e., ...http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidblackmon/2013/01/02/oil-gas-tax-provisions-are-...
Smiley

taxes 102 Wink
Over the past century, the federal government has pumped more than $470 billion into the oil and gas industry in the form of generous, never-expiring tax breaks. Once intended to jump-start struggling domestic drillers, these incentives have become a tidy bonus for some of the world's most profitable companies.

Taxpayers currently subsidize the oil industry by as much as $4.8 billion a year, with about half of that going to the big five oil companies—ExxonMobil, Shell, Chevron, BP, and ConocoPhillips—which get an average tax break of $3.34 on every barrel of domestic crude they produce. With Washington looking under the couch cushions for sources of new revenue, oil prices topping $100 a barrel, and the world feeling the heat from its dependence on fossil fuels, there's been a renewed push to close these decades-old loopholes. But history suggests that Big Oil won't let go of its perks without a brawl.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/04/oil-subsidies-renewable-energy-tax-b...

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Reply #33 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:08pm:
taxes 102 Wink
Over the past century, the federal government has pumped more than $470 billion into the oil and gas industry in the form of generous, never-expiring tax breaks. Once intended to jump-start struggling domestic drillers, these incentives have become a tidy bonus for some of the world's most profitable companies.

Taxpayers currently subsidize the oil industry by as much as $4.8 billion a year, with about half of that going to the big five oil companies—ExxonMobil, Shell, Chevron, BP, and ConocoPhillips—which get an average tax break of $3.34 on every barrel of domestic crude they produce. With Washington looking under the couch cushions for sources of new revenue, oil prices topping $100 a barrel, and the world feeling the heat from its dependence on fossil fuels, there's been a renewed push to close these decades-old loopholes. But history suggests that Big Oil won't let go of its perks without a brawl.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/04/oil-subsidies-renewable-energy-tax-b...

motherjones!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Greg!

IP Logged

For Educational Purposes Only
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #34 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
He no longer wants to talk about tax breaks. Now it is subsidies...

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Reply #35 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
For Educational Purposes Only wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:26pm:
Mother jones as a source! Grin Grin Grin Grin

Greg!

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #36 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 2:23pm:
Is this really talking over your head?

If you are a landlord, and you have your apartments updated, painted, and retargeted, and it costs you xxxxx. You are allowed to use that to reduce your taxes by subtracting the costs from you profits.

Any corporation, do you think they should be taxed on the profit before subtracting the cost per employee for wages medical benefits etc.?

Oil companies get to use what it costs them to drill, refine, and pay the help, what it costs to do business overseas and all other LEGAL options. Just so you know. After all is paid for, the oil companies make about 8 cents per gallon of gas sold. 8 CENTS. They do all the work and get it delivered to your gas station, for 8 cents a gallon. Tell me what your state gas tax is, then tell me what the federal tax per gallon is. You don’t know what the hell you are talking about, like the otter liberal democrat Obama lovers you are as brain washed as a fish. I told you what oil companies pay in taxes. Now you list the subsidies the government gives the oil companies.

Just what are those tax breaks the president wants to take away from Big Oil? Here’s the three biggest ones. First off, the president doesn’t think that oil companies should be able to get credit on their U.S. income tax bills for all the billions in income taxes they pay to oil-rich regimes around the world. Second, the president doesn’t think Big Oil should be allowed to deduct from taxable income some of those costs incurred in exploring for oil and drilling wells. Third, the president wants to cancel oil companies’ domestic manufacturing tax deduction of 6% of the value of oil and gas they produce in the United States.
Smiley

No matter how you spin it, it is welfare for the rich.  Why are you so much harder on the poor single mother who needs some help as compared to  the average American family forking over $6,000 a year to corporations in the form of taxpayer subsidies.

I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

For Educational Purposes Only
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #37 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Redbeard wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:28pm:
Mother jones as a source! Grin Grin Grin Grin

In his defense they all use it...

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
For Educational Purposes Only wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:26pm:

subsidies/tax breaks, what is the difference.  Is there a difference when you refer to Obamacare?

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Reply #39 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
For Educational Purposes Only wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:30pm:
In his defense they all use it...

I want to use Friz the cat!! Grin Grin Grin

Greg!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Someone to look up to.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules