Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Someone to look up to.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Someone to look up to. (Read 6,544 times)
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Someone to look up to.
Reply #50 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:45pm:
And Wads thinks a tax break means they don't pay taxes, this is getting better.

Put it this way Wads, let's say I'm estimated to pay 10 bucks in taxes but I receive a tax break of 2 bucks, that means I still pay 8 bucks in taxes...

Between the subsidies and tax breaks, no, they don't pay taxes.

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #51 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:39pm:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/29/us-obama-energy-idUSBRE82S11P20120329

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/01/17/big_oil_big_profits_big_tax...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/01/17/big_oil_big_profits_big_tax...

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2011/02/09/10-Big-Corporate-Tax-Breaks

They pay no taxes. We end up paying them through subsidies
Last year CNN did a story where they put together their own list of the so-called oil subsidies, and in their list the largest single tax break amounting to $1.7 billion per year for the oil industry is a manufacturers tax deduction that is defined in Section 199 of the IRS code. This is a tax credit designed to keep manufacturing in the U.S., but it isnt specific to oil companies.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/energysource/2012/04/25/the-surprising-reason-that-o...

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/03/americas-most-obvious-tax-re...

Can you quote the section of each (or any) of these links that states that oil companies pay no taxes?

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #52 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:46pm:
Between the subsidies and tax breaks, no, they don't pay taxes.

You've already failed on your tax breaks, what amount in subsidies do they get?

Answer is simple, obviously not more than what they are paying in taxes, because we have actual numbers showing exactly what they paid and interesting enough they happen to be more than the vast majority of other corporations.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #53 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:54pm:
You've already failed on your tax breaks, what amount in subsidies do they get?

Answer is simple, obviously not more than what they are paying in taxes, because we have actual numbers showing exactly what they paid and interesting enough they happen to be more than the vast majority of other corporations.

I posted links, see for yourself.

Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #54 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:56pm:

Yes, I read your links, (one was identical to one above it by the way), your links are all about tax breaks.  They don't prove anything you said, not a single one suggests that oil companies pay 0 in taxes.  Not one.  You're just too retarded to understand what you are commenting on.

Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #55 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:59pm:
Yes, I read your links, (one was identical to one above it by the way), your links are all about tax breaks. They don't prove anything you said, not a single one suggests that oil companies pay 0 in taxes. Not one. You're just too retarded to understand what you are commenting on.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
You are just too retarded to figure out the games big oil play with the government.

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Reply #56 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:56pm:

I checked 3 of your links and none of them say Oil companies pay no taxes! Sad

Greg!

IP Logged

Lovefingers
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #57 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:39pm:

This source discusses "intangible drilling costs." which is basically writing off expenses and the discusses "dual capacity rules" which means being taxed twice. How can they be taxed twice if according to you they pay no taxes at all?

Quote:

This source discusses the oil companies using the 199 deduction. Why would an oil company use the 199 deduction when they don't pay any taxes at all.
This source also said "Reuters estimates that Chevron, ConocoPhillips, and ExxonMobil paid effective federal tax rates of 19 percent, 18 percent, and 13 percent, respectively, in 2011. Reuters noted that this is a far cry from the 35 percent top corporate tax rate.

Quote:

We just did this Roll Eyes

Quote:

This source says nothing about the oil industry paying no taxes.

Quote:
They pay no taxes. We end up paying them through subsidies
Last year CNN did a story where they put together their own list of the so-called oil subsidies, and in their list the largest single tax break amounting to $1.7 billion per year for the oil industry is a manufacturers tax deduction that is defined in Section 199 of the IRS code. This is a tax credit designed to keep manufacturing in the U.S., but it isnt specific to oil companies.

Feddy, one of your sources discussed the tax code the oil companies use to get a tax break. Something they wouldn't have to do if they paid no taxes at all and another source actually listed the tax rate they pay.

Quote:

This source said this: So lets ask the question in a different way: Should we allow oil companies to take a tax deduction also available to any U.S. manufacturer such as Apple or Microsoft? A lot of people will still answer

Tell me Feddy, why would a company need a tax reduction it it pays no taxes?

Quote:

Feddy, this source talks about subsidies and tax exemptions. It says nothing about not paying any taxes at all.

Did you actually read any of your links?

IP Logged

Lovefingers
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #58 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Redbeard wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:07pm:
I checked 3 of your links and none of them say Oil companies pay no taxes! Sad

They do the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #59 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:05pm:
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
You are just too retarded to figure out the games big oil play with the government.

And another Wad fail.

Every company takes advantage of the incentives that government provides, or at least they all should, however that isn't what we are talking about.  Everyone knows that oil companies get tax breaks and get subsidies, but that doesn't mean they pay no taxes which is what you are arguing.  You are flat out wrong. 

You could make a factual argument, if you weren't such a dipshit, that oil companies don't pay as much in taxes as they could be because of these tax breaks and subsidies, but you won't because you're dumb.  You're going to stick with your argument that oil companies pay no taxes despite all the facts proving you wrong and just continue to look like the biggest idiot on the internet.

It really is impressive how after being proven wrong you just double down on yourself and make yourself look even more of a fool.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Someone to look up to.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules