Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Technology ruins profits for music industry
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Technology ruins profits for music industry (Read 1,513 times)
American Bozo
Ex Member

Technology ruins profits for music industry
Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Led Zeppelins manager Peter Grant was the first manager to bring massive paychecks to band members and band in a vice grip to the point Zeppelin had there own jet and sold concert tickets in 79 or 1980or 81  through chicago tribune newspaper ad mail direct making zeppelin the highest paid band to that point in revenue brought to band members teaching others how to manage there bands bringing in huge profits .

But now for new artist and old artist technology has eaten a huge chunk out of music industry profits
http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/09/02/music-industry-99-problems

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Re: Technology ruins profits for music industry
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Led Zeppelins manager Peter Grant was the first manager to bring massive paychecks to band members and band in a vice grip to the point Zeppelin had there own jet and sold concert tickets in 79 or 1980or 81 through chicago tribune newspaper ad mail direct making zeppelin the highest paid band to that point in revenue brought to band members teaching others how to manage there bands bringing in huge profits .

But now for new artist and old artist technology has eaten a huge chunk out of music industry profits
http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/09/02/music-industry-99-problems

Technology is a double edged sword and as long as you recognize some key factors, it's a gift for the independent artist. In other words, if you use it right, independent artists can go far, it does suck for the big labels, which there's only like 3 left anyway. Poor fat bastards.   Cry

Another way to see it could be technology taking much of the market away from the bigwigs like BMG, Warner and EMI and putting it in the hands of the independents. We'll have to decide for ourselves what is cool now. Sad

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Musicians are doing just fine.

More individual music artists made over $50 million than actors or athletes.

More individual music artists (14) made over $50 million last year than American CEOs (6), by a long shot.

http://www.libertynewsforum.com/cgi-bin/politics/YaBB.pl?num=1426981632/0

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
its just evolution...word processors ruined typewriter profits, computers ruined word processors....

when I look at what I can do with a digital camera, photoshop and a decent photo printer or Costco its amazing...a 30x20 used to cost a fortune and take forever...now its $8 at a Costco and done in an hour, and as good as the old photo lab days....but kodaks film business is gone...

look at how many made millions in the music industry that had very little to do with music, other than artificially creating walls between musicians and listeners....tech tore down the walls...steve jobs did a lot to move that forward...most are not aware of the years he spent fighting the industry on this.

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 1:07pm:
Musicians are doing just fine.

More individual music artists made over $50 million than actors or athletes.

More individual music artists (14) made over $50 million last year than American CEOs (6), by a long shot.

http://www.libertynewsforum.com/cgi-bin/politics/YaBB.pl?num=1426981632/0

He does have a point though, here's an example of technology screwing up a damn good performance. We're playing at a heavy metal venue and sound guy is ONLY used to setting up shows for screamo punk acts. He was pretty lost on getting Alex a decent sound. I even told him to roll back the bass, told him to think Disney. Grin

He either willfully ignored me to be a douche or he couldn't find the right nob to turn. We also had practically no stage monitor sound, no matter how much we asked him to turn up the monitors.

Also great example of why I do not sing on stage. If you're nervous, it shows. Her voice cracks at about time stamp 1:18, but she's so cute, she pulls it off. If you could see the crowd, it was very much lolz. All these punk rockers in mohawks and spikey multi colored hair expecting to head bang and we play La Siene cover tune. It's a song from a Disney or Pixar movie. Grin Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2015 at 8:23pm by Capt. Lola B.S.C. »  

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Musical theft is the culprit here. Too many people steal downloads. I feel bad for the artists.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #6 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
As was pointed out, technology is also a big help to musical artists.

Where would Justin Bieber be without the technology that allowed him to put his music on YouTube for next to nothing?

And technology allows artists to spread their talent much farther around the world much faster.

Even Zeppelin benefited from technology.  I mean, having their own jet sure helped them play more gigs didn't it?

It sure was bad for the tour bus makers, but great for Zeppelin.

Everything from portable CD players to jets to high tech light and sound equipment to the YouTube have all helped the music industry immensely.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #7 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 8:24pm:
As was pointed out, technology is also a big help to musical artists.

Where would Justin Bieber be without the technology that allowed him to put his music on YouTube for next to nothing?

And technology allows artists to spread their talent much farther around the world much faster.

Even Zeppelin benefited from technology. I mean, having their own jet sure helped them play more gigs didn't it?

It sure was bad for the tour bus makers, but great for Zeppelin.

Everything from portable CD players to jets to high tech light and sound equipment to the YouTube have all helped the music industry immensely.

Very true. Technology is great for the music industry. It's the human element that brings it down.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Spectacular Eric.
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #8 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Technology almost ruins the music itself.

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #9 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:34pm:
Musical theft is the culprit here. Too many people steal downloads. I feel bad for the artists.

The article is saying that just in general technology is letting artists down. The ease of which music is available for instance. Like why buy the album when you can just stream the song from Youtube? If the artist is smart, they might try to monetize their streaming sources like whatever ad revenue it can generate, other than that, there's just no need to buy a CD anymore unless you want something to cuddle with at night.

Hardcore fans will still step up and buy a physical CD but can't really look to album sales as the end all be all of your income.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Technology ruins profits for music industry

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules