Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ethiopian Orthodox Church
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ethiopian Orthodox Church (Read 206 times)
Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Ethiopian Orthodox Church
Apr 21st, 2015 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
I suppose Christianity must have traveled down the Nile to Ethiopia.  According to Wikipedia, Ethiopia was officially a Christian Kingdom in the 300's AD.

By contrast, some parts of Scandinavia, in the far North of Europe, were still pagan 1000 years after the death of Christ.

So, this church is one of the oldest on the planet.

People get so used to seeing certain images, and with blacks in America, we always think of a certain type of 'low church Protestantism' as their religion...of course this is so because such Protestantism was the religion of the white people who ruled over them.

However, the Ethiopian Orthodox church clearly has more in common with the other Orthodox Christian churches; though it is also obviously possessed of its own native black African elements not found in the Christianity of white peoples.  For example, the drums.  I do not know of other Christian churches that traditionally used drums in worship (drum-sets in Protestant churches is a very modern thing).

It is nice to see these black youth who are obviously highly intelligent and God-fearing young people, not because that is an exception, but because our culture has so often both put blacks in a position that destroys their families and communities, and then blames blacks for the result, and then acts like all blacks are natural-born failures.

Obviously, no Christian can believe so...they are just as much God's creations as whites.

I was hoping to find a video from Ethiopia itself, but cannot.  This is then a church of Ethiopian immigrants* in Alexandria Virginia.

*Except for the one middle-aged white guy...?  Not that whites cannot go to church with blacks, but it seems a little bit like he is (what do leftists say?) 'appropriating' their culture.
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2015 at 10:23pm by Frank1 »  

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Mercy For All
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Re: Ethiopian Orthodox Church
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 9:00am
Print Post  
Nice, Frank1.

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Re: Ethiopian Orthodox Church
Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 9:00am:
Nice, Frank1.

No problem.

By the way, and this goes to anyone who reads this, you can just call me Frank.

It does not mean "Frank is number 1" when I chose this name plain "Frank" was not available, if I remember correctly.

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ethiopian Orthodox Church

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules