Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Colt Manufacturing Company contract & money troubles
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Colt Manufacturing Company contract & money troubles (Read 2,512 times)
Made IN USA
Ex Member

Colt Manufacturing Company contract & money troubles
Apr 22nd, 2015 at 11:45am
Print Post  
http://www.colt.com/ColtintheMedia/PressReleases/tabid/252/articleType/ArticleVi...

I think its a darn shame that colt did not get the m16 rifle contract from our united states government .

Fnh herstal makes great product but its not a American company they made a plant in usa just to get contract with government.

I hate to see Colt have problems
American companies have it rough and its the american people that lose in the end when American companies like Colt  who have such great history and products  get beat up in battle only to be in financial turmoil .
Its unAmerican to not give Arms contracts to  American companies shutting out the American company with history so deep it just don't seem right? ..  I know its a bidding process and the rifles are still made in America by FNH but i don't want to see Colt go under !

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Re: Colt Manufacturing Company contract & money troubles
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
http://www.colt.com/ColtintheMedia/PressReleases/tabid/252/articleType/ArticleVi...

I think its a darn shame that colt did not get the m16 rifle contract from our united states government .

Fnh herstal makes great product but its not a American company they made a plant in usa just to get contract with government.

I hate to see Colt have problems
American companies have it rough and its the american people that lose in the end when American companies like Colt who have such great history and products get beat up in battle only to be in financial turmoil .
Its unAmerican to not give Arms contracts to American companies shutting out the American company with history so deep it just don't seem right? .. I know its a bidding process and the rifles are still made in America by FNH but i don't want to see Colt go under !

Going under? It is just a debt restructure offer. Companies do this all the time!

Greg!

IP Logged

POPEYE the SAILOR MAN
LNF Majority Leader

I am what I am and Thats
all I am

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Redbeard wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 3:45pm:
Going under? It is just a debt restructure offer. Companies do this all the time!

To all Americans!

Buy a COLT today!

Cool

Quote:
Made IN USA wrote
I think its a darn shame that colt did not get the m16 rifle contract from our United States government .

If for NO other reason that it is an AMERICAN company.

The least we could do! Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2015 at 8:24pm by POPEYE the SAILOR MAN »  

I HILLARY I remember landing under sniper fire." There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, "but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.

Toot TooT

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Colt and Smith and Wesson are my favorite guns. I do have a Beretta shotgun, and a very small Beretta automatic pistol that fires 22 short bullets. It was my mothers. Small round, but I wouldnt want to get hit by one. I have a Colt Sporter rifle too, in .223 cal. 45 Colt National Match, and another 45 with some colt parts. I made this one and used a world war two slide that was made in Ithaca NY. I put it on a modern frame made by Essex Co. made of aluminum, special hammer, barrel, and barrel busing that I had to bore to fit the barrel. It shoots very well. Not as tight as my Gold Cup that was reworked by a gunsmith in CT. That gun cost me $1,600 dollars. I have two S&W revolvers. A .357 with a 5 inch barrel, and a 44 magnum with a 7 inch barrel. The .357 is blue like most pistols, and the 44 is nickel plated. The Smith and Wesson I carry every day, that sleeps next to my bed every night is my 9mm S&W Model 39-2. Eight round magazine, and one in the chamber is nine rounds. It is about the same size as the Colt Commander, it has an aluminum frame and is a bit lighter. A good carry gun. All American made guns.
If Colt would move out of Hartford CT. and get away from the democrat run state with its high taxes and stupid gun ban laws they would do much better. Florida would welcome them with open arms. If they were close by, I might even apply for a job there myself.
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 9:22am
Print Post  
POPEYE the SAILOR MAN wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 8:14pm:
If for NO other reason that it is an AMERICAN company.

The least we could do! Embarrassed

That is a very bad basis to make a purchasing decision. If an American company can not make decent products, we should not buy from it.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 11:56am
Print Post  
the challenge for colt is that it pretty much survived off its gov't contract - especially for the 1911 - it had with the feds for almost 90 years...till beretta replaced them.

It's challenging for a company whose sales are predominantly with one customer....and such a large one...it breeds being lazy and or just draws all your resources to serve one account.

I hope to see them survive. I do not own any colts, though I do own a number of American made firearms...and some foreign ones.

There are many, many good firearms being made today...some very innovative with their small size, accuracy, reliability and magazine capacity.

Colt is failing for probably many of the same reasons our fed gov't is failing...just assumed they didn't have to act competitively because they had a sure thing...

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 11:56am:
Colt is failing for probably many of the same reasons our fed gov't is failing...just assumed they didn't have to act competitively because they had a sure thing...

Our government is a business?

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #7 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
I forgot to mention the gun I use the most. My S&W model 41, which I used this morning. A 22 cal. Long rifle bullet. One of the most accurate pistols right out of the box. I also forgot about the WW2 Japanese bolt action rifle that I have, and my wifes S&W revolver. Like I said, Colt has to get out of CT. and they will do fine.
And going on for two years now, the hardest ammunition to find in any store, and on the net, is good 22 LR ammunition. My 41 likes CCI or Federal standard velocity 40 grain lead. Try and find some.
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

POPEYE the SAILOR MAN
LNF Majority Leader

I am what I am and Thats
all I am

Reply #8 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Possibly Logical wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 9:22am:
That is a very bad basis to make a purchasing decision. If an American company can not make decent products, we should not buy from it.

So you can't tell a good American product when you see one!

LMAO so telling of a liberal weak wacko

I HILLARY I remember landing under sniper fire." There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, "but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.

Toot TooT

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Possibly Logical wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 12:01pm:
Our government is a business?

Yes. Gov't is in the business of serving the people that set it up. It must do so in an open, honest, ethical and efficient manner.

Please take a step back...when a gov't is "born" it is because people come together and understand there must be a body to create laws, enforce laws and oversee certain activities best done centrally for the collective good...AND because the gov't exists solely off the money from those contributing, it has an obligation to use the money wisely.

Just because it is not a C corp, or S corp does not absolves it from acting in a prudent manner.

I have too much experience seeing how wasteful and corrupt gov't entities have become.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Colt Manufacturing Company contract & money troubles

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules