Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › A thought on the metaphysics of sexuality.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A thought on the metaphysics of sexuality. (Read 3,482 times)
Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Re: A thought on the metaphysics of sexuality.
Reply #10 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
wildhorses wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:09pm:
Nope. Not playing that. It is not true that women don't have the guts to ask for more money. That is why the statement is sexist...because it is not true. It is a diversion from the real problems affecting women's wages.

It is true that men could wear dresses if they would just start doing so. I don't know why they would want to because I think dresses are a PIA...but anyway...they could if they wanted. But some men would have to start doing so to make it socially acceptable and, at least initially, they would come under attack...which is stupid...but they would. But the fact remains, they could if they wanted to.

And it's because women have more guts than men.

I got it.

I understand that this argument works well for you, saying that women have more guts than men because Y and how that's not sexist, but it becomes sexist if somebody else says that men have more guts than women because of Z.

I get it. Truly. It's crystal clear now.

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

wildhorses
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #11 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:19pm:

I got it.

I understand that this argument works well for you, saying that women have more guts than men because Y and how that's not sexist, but it becomes sexist if somebody else says that men have more guts than women because of Z.

Actually, I have not said women have more guts (overall) than men.  I have just said they have more guts when it comes to wearing what they want.  And they do.  There is no getting around it.  Women had the guts to just move out of the social framework and expand their clothing choices.  This is only one tiny issue.  This is not to say women have more nerve than men overall.  But you can't deny that women's clothing choices have expanded and men's have not.  A statement is only sexist when it is not true. 

IP Logged

wildhorses
LNF Representative2

Reply #12 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:19pm:

I got it.

And...oh wait....  If someone says that men have more guts than women because of Z...the statement is only sexist if it is not true.  Otherwise it is just the truth.  All generalized statements are not sexist, whether you are talking about men/women or women/men.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #13 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
wildhorses wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:29pm:
Actually, I have not said women have more guts (overall) than men. I have just said they have more guts when it comes to wearing what they want. And they do.

Nah. Men allow women more leeway in what they wear because it's cute to see them wear all kinds of different things.

Men don't allow such deviations among fellow men. It goes back to hunting parties, when men who stood out too much with what they wore or how they acted risked the party's success in finding and catching game.

The gatherers back at home could dress flamboyantly without such risks.

You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #14 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:46pm:
Nah. Men allow women more leeway in what they wear because it's cute to see them wear all kinds of different things.

Men don't allow such deviations among fellow men. It goes back to hunting parties, when men who stood out too much with what they wore or how they acted risked the party's success in finding and catching game.

Also, lisps and high-pitched voices carry further than low and masculine voices, so those were not looked favorably upon in the hunting parties as well.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #15 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
wildhorses wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:33pm:
And...oh wait.... If someone says that men have more guts than women because of Z...the statement is only sexist if it is not true. Otherwise it is just the truth. All generalized statements are not sexist, whether you are talking about men/women or women/men.

And what you say is true because wildhorses. What I say is not true (and sexist) because wildhorses.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Any man that wears a dress should be mocked and beaten. Don't be a freak.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

wildhorses
LNF Representative2

Reply #17 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:46pm:

This is so loaded with funny chit that I barely know where to start.

Women can wear pants because men "allow" it....LLLLOOOOLLL!  Moving on.....men don't have hunting parties to worry about anymore.  We are in the year 2015.  Furthermore, I don't know how far back you are going....but if you go back far enough, men wore animal skins to hunt....which, when you think about it were essentially dresses not pants. 

But thanks for the laugh.

IP Logged

wildhorses
LNF Representative2

Reply #18 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 2:53pm:
Any man that wears a dress should be mocked and beaten. Don't be a freak.

Jesus wore a dress.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #19 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
wildhorses wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 3:17pm:
This is so loaded with funny chit that I barely know where to start.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was, in part, tongue in cheek, though I imagine the subtlety escaped you.

Women can wear pants because men "allow" it....LLLLOOOOLLL!  Moving on.....

You said yourself that men are more tolerant of women wearing whatever it is they want to wear. They are less tolerant of men wearing what they want to wear.

Is this not a form of allowance? Particularly when looked at relative to the treatment a man would receive if he walked around Walmart in a short skirt and tank top?

There is no comparison to how men would treat a woman who walked around in a suit.

You can call it "guts", but it would take more than guts for a man to break such social taboos, as the taboos are much stronger.

This seems like men allowing certain behaviors while not allowing other behaviors.

Women are more tolerant overall to both situations (people dressing against their sex's traditional garb), so what they are "allowing" isn't as important in society. It's not what is dictating behavior. It is men.

Moving on...

I don't even necessarily believe what I wrote above, but you keep making statements as if you have the monopoly on truth. "Woman have more guts" when it comes to dressing themselves! That's "the truth!"

Well, maybe there are other interpretations. Why are you right? Because you say so? I mean, what you're saying is shallow, simplistic, and pretty easy to poke holes in.

But because you say it's "the truth" means it's "the truth"?

...men don't have hunting parties to worry about anymore.

1. There are still hunting parties. How out of touch are you?

2. There are plenty of things that people no longer "have to worry about" but still haunt our DNA. Our behaviors might change in modern times, but we still have the relics of our more tribal and violent past within our blood.

We are in the year 2015. Furthermore, I don't know how far back you are going....but if you go back far enough, men wore animal skins to hunt....which, when you think about it were essentially dresses not pants.

And that's what the culture wore, though this:

Is different from this:

And you're not being honest to suggest otherwise.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › A thought on the metaphysics of sexuality.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules