Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Clintons ran Tammany-like money operation
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Clintons ran Tammany-like money operation (Read 570 times)
stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Clintons ran Tammany-like money operation
Apr 23rd, 2015 at 11:21pm
Print Post  

Clintons ran Tammany-like money operation

By: Michael Goodwin
April 21, 2015

Officially, they hail from Chappaqua and Washington, by way of Arkansas. But when it comes to integrity, theyre straight out of Tammany Hall.

They are the Clintons of Tammany, and they set their moral compass to the reckonings of George Washington Plunkitt, The Sage of that fabled Irish-American political machine.

More than a century ago, he laid out his philosophy to a biographer, calling it A Series of Very Plain Talks on Very Practical Politics.

Among Plunkitts gems: Tammany does missionary work like a church, its got big expenses and its got to be supported by the faithful.

He quickly helped families burned out of their houses because its philanthropy, but its politics, too mighty good politics. Who can tell how many votes one of these fires brings me? The poor are the most grateful people in the world, and, let me tell you, they have more friends in their neighborhoods than the rich.

Then theres this one: Everybody is talkin these days about Tammany men growin rich on graft, but nobody thinks of drawin the distinction between honest graft and dishonest graft.

Plunkitt insisted his immense wealth was the product of honest graft, adding, I might sum up the whole thing by sayin: I seen my opportunities and I took em.

Well, what do you know the line perfectly captures the Clinton credo, too. From their attempted pilfering of White House furniture to raking in gazillions from countries and companies that might want a government favor or two, they have spent their careers seeing their opportunities and taking a cut of the action.

Indeed, to judge from the reports about a new book called Clinton Cash, author Peter Schweizer reveals a scheme that would make Plunkitt blush with envy. Schweizer describes an inside-the-government, outside-the-government arrangement, where Hillary used her post as secretary of state to do favors for companies and foreign countries, which then paid good ol Bubba up to $500,000 for a speech or made large contributions to the family foundation.

The author cites a pattern of financial transactions that benefitted both the Clintons and their funders. He says Bill earned a staggering $48 million in speeches during Hillarys four years as secretary of state, including 11 of the top-range windfalls. Their net worth is now estimated at between $100 million and $200 million, not bad for a couple Hillary claimed was dead broke in 2000.

Whether their Midas-haul riches are the result of honest or dishonest graft, its certainly graft. While both could legitimately command significant appearance fees, there seems little doubt that the soaring price of his speeches during her tenure at State was not a mere coincidence.

Thats Goodwin Rule No. 1 with the Clintons: Theres no such thing as a coincidence.

What Hillary did with that power is something Schweizer explores and, again according to reports from the book, which has not been released, he offers compelling examples of a quid pro quo.

And now she wants to be president to help everyday Americans. Imagine the cash that would generate!

Radio legend John Gambling asked me Tuesday why they do it, meaning why the Clintons always court trouble when, financially at least, theyre set for life. My answer speaks to their nature, and ours.

They do it because they get away with it. And they get away with it because we let them.

Its time to stop the gravy train. The price of their brand of public service is more than America can afford. The accumulated burden of their greed is too much to bear.

Less than two weeks after she officially launched her campaign, its obvious that nothing has changed with them and never will. Its all scandal, all the time, and always will be. Its who they are.

The gusher of money flowing their way also offers an explanation for the email scandal, in which Hillary claimed to have deleted more than 30,000 emails from her private server.

What did she know about money coming into the foundation? What did she know about who was paying her husband to speak? How much coordination was there?

She claims the emails she deleted were purely personal, and her lawyer says the server was wiped clean. Thats not something that can ever be said about their reputation.

It is Tammany without the charm.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/21/clintons-ran-tammany-hall-like-money-operation/

"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
                David Horowitz

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Clintons ran Tammany-like money operation
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
They have been shady for a long time. Whitewater?

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Paul Hadrian and his Stones
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Re: Clintons ran Tammany-like money operation
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Which accent does Hillary use when she is whoring for cash?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Clintons ran Tammany-like money operation

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules