Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Events that helped shape your political beliefs
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Events that helped shape your political beliefs (Read 3,626 times)
Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Events that helped shape your political beliefs
Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
What events in our history helped shape your political beliefs? Sept. 11? Watergate? Vietnam? JFK Assassination? The Cuban Missile Crisis? WACO? Desert Storm? The Great Depression? MLK's Assassination? The Civil Rights Act?

I will give you my Top 3.

1. SEPT. 11: This terrible day woke up me to the pure evilness of sand monkeys. Until then, I never really thought much about them. I know I didn't like Yasser Ara-Fathead or Saddam Insane, but I never heard of Bin Laden. When I first saw what happened, I was struck with, in order, confusion, then fear and then anger. The confusion and fear went away pretty fast, but the anger still remains. The tragedy also woke me up to the wide gap that exists between conservatives and liberals when it comes to fighting terror. I was disgusted when I saw leftist goofs like Richard Gere say, "Wouldn't it be great if we channeled all this anger, and turn it toward creating peace and understanding?" He was boo'ed off the stage that time, and rightfully so.

2. SAME-SEX MARRIAGE BILL OF 1998: This was a local issue. There was a ballot to determine whether Hawaii should allow same-sex marriages. By this time, I had somewhat gotten more interested in politics, thanks to Monica-Gate. I really felt compelled to vote out the immoral politicians, and this gay marriage issue to me was the height of the good vs evil debate. I made it a point to vote for the first time, and I was elated when the measure was struck down by more than a 2-to-1 margin. Of course, the gay movement didn't quit. They couldn't get their way via people's vote, so they circumvented the process and had it pushed through political channels a couple of years ago.

3. MONICA-GATE. I had always regarded Bill Clinton as sort of a slimy character. But when the Monica Lewinsky thing happened, it really solidified my view that character matters. A lot of people said, "Oh, it doesn't matter what he does in his private life. So what if he cheated on his wife?" Then and now, I could not disagree more. My argument has always been, "If a man's own family cannot trust him, how can an entire country trust him?" This event solidified my belief and has impacted all my subsequent votes.

Your turn! Smiley

Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:23am: "I think a #16 seed will upset a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament."

IP Logged

Just An Independent Bishop
Ex Member

Re: Events that helped shape your political beliefs
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:29pm
Print Post  

Red Herrings. The sell out of America to the Communists, and the terrorists, primarily by the Repugnant ones. Of course, this does not exclude the selling out to corporate interests:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/150409-water-agriculture-cattle-dairy...

http://www.chinathreat.com/

And no, I am not "back". Just at the library for a few minutes.

IP Logged

spectacula
LNF Representative2

I'll tell your daddy.

Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
1.  Watching dumb Americans vote based on political propaganda rather than research and intellectual debate.

2.  Watching dumb Americans try to legislate based on religious principles.

3.  George Bush going to war with Iraq for oil interests.

4.  Dumb Republicans and Retarded Democrats or anyone else with a blind political affiliation.  Mainly the religious based morons.

Let's agree to disagree. I never said I was right, but you are definitely wrong!

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Red Herrings. The sell out of America to the Communists, and the terrorists, primarily by the Repugnant ones. Of course, this does not exclude the selling out to corporate interests:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/150409-water-agriculture-cattle-dairy...

Were you away?

Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:23am: "I think a #16 seed will upset a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament."

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
spectacula wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:30pm:
1. Watching dumb Americans vote based on political propaganda rather than research and intellectual debate.

2. Watching dumb Americans try to legislate based on religious principles.

3. George Bush going to war with Iraq for oil interests.

4. Dumb Republicans and Retarded Democrats or anyone else with a blind political affiliation. Mainly the religious based morons.

1, 2 and 4 are not "events," Spatula. You accuse people of being "dumb" and "retarded," yet you don't even understand what "events" mean?

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Like Hillary selling out 20% of our strategic uranium mines to the Russians? Shocked Shocked

Greg!

IP Logged

spectacula
LNF Representative2

I'll tell your daddy.

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:33pm:
1, 2 and 4 are not "events," Spatula. You accuse people of being "dumb" and "retarded," yet you don't even understand what "events" mean?

There are numerous events that fall within 1,2 and 4.  Oprah.

Let's agree to disagree. I never said I was right, but you are definitely wrong!

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
spectacula wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:03pm:
There are numerous events that fall within 1,2 and 4. Oprah.

Roll Eyes Okay...

IP Logged

spectacula
LNF Representative2

I'll tell your daddy.

Reply #8 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
The largest event which shaped my interest in politics happened during WWII.  I can't understand for the life of me why we didn't just allow Japan the freedom to sink Hawaii.  If Americans want to vacation to an island, we have Puerto Rico.  The food is better.  The women are more attractive and the cost of living is much less.  Give Hawaii to the asians and be done with it already.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
1. Iraq War: Witnessing first hand the waste, futility, and profiteering quickened my transition to radical libertarianism on foreign policy.

2. Housing Crisis / Financial Crisis 2007/8: Seeing the impacts and results made it very clear to me that most of Wall Street has nothing to do with the free market, and in fact represents the worst aspects of fascism.

3. The Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act, 2003: So Republicans are for a smaller government? Wait... But... Hmmm.

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Events that helped shape your political beliefs

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules