Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Events that helped shape your political beliefs
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Events that helped shape your political beliefs (Read 3,834 times)
patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Events that helped shape your political beliefs
Reply #30 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 1:33am
Print Post  
- Having an uncle who came home from the democrat-run Vietnam no-win war wounded.

- Encountering anti-white discrimination at university and then in the aerospace industry.

- Books by Von Hayek, Russell Kirk, the Friedmans, Rand, Solzhenitsyn, Orwell, Buckley, etc etc.

- Observing year by year as liberals diminish the Constitution into the status of a quaint historical document

- The overall slow but steady decline of the U.S. from the effects of the leftwing

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #31 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:20pm:
What events in our history helped shape your political beliefs? Sept. 11? Watergate? Vietnam? JFK Assassination? The Cuban Missile Crisis? WACO? Desert Storm? The Great Depression? MLK's Assassination? The Civil Rights Act?

I will give you my Top 3.

1. SEPT. 11: This terrible day woke up me to the pure evilness of sand monkeys. Until then, I never really thought much about them. I know I didn't like Yasser Ara-Fathead or Saddam Insane, but I never heard of Bin Laden. When I first saw what happened, I was struck with, in order, confusion, then fear and then anger. The confusion and fear went away pretty fast, but the anger still remains. The tragedy also woke me up to the wide gap that exists between conservatives and liberals when it comes to fighting terror. I was disgusted when I saw leftist goofs like Richard Gere say, "Wouldn't it be great if we channeled all this anger, and turn it toward creating peace and understanding?" He was boo'ed off the stage that time, and rightfully so.

2. SAME-SEX MARRIAGE BILL OF 1998: This was a local issue. There was a ballot to determine whether Hawaii should allow same-sex marriages. By this time, I had somewhat gotten more interested in politics, thanks to Monica-Gate. I really felt compelled to vote out the immoral politicians, and this gay marriage issue to me was the height of the good vs evil debate. I made it a point to vote for the first time, and I was elated when the measure was struck down by more than a 2-to-1 margin. Of course, the gay movement didn't quit. They couldn't get their way via people's vote, so they circumvented the process and had it pushed through political channels a couple of years ago.

3. MONICA-GATE. I had always regarded Bill Clinton as sort of a slimy character. But when the Monica Lewinsky thing happened, it really solidified my view that character matters. A lot of people said, "Oh, it doesn't matter what he does in his private life. So what if he cheated on his wife?" Then and now, I could not disagree more. My argument has always been, "If a man's own family cannot trust him, how can an entire country trust him?" This event solidified my belief and has impacted all my subsequent votes.

Your turn! Smiley

I am not sure how any of that changed your political beliefs.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
The average person is going to starve and die.

Thus has it always been with humanity, before the advent of the Great Society.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

spectacula
LNF Representative2

I'll tell your daddy.

Reply #32 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Paul Hadrian and his Stones wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 10:30pm:
LOL.

Internet bullies like yourself are pathetic. You come to anonymous forums and say things to faceless people you would never say if they were standing in front of you because they would break your nose.

Impressive.

I'm not only like this on the internet.  I'm like this in real life as well.  I've only had my nose broken once.  It was in Korea.  I misjudged the individual I was speaking with.  He was good.  Better than me.  You, would most likely be easy.  Mostly like everyone else with a low IQ.

Let's agree to disagree. I never said I was right, but you are definitely wrong!

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #33 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 11:05am
Print Post  
spectacula wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 11:03am:
I'm not only like this on the internet. I'm like this in real life as well. I've only had my nose broken once. It was in Korea. I misjudged the individual I was speaking with. He was good. Better than me. You, would most likely be easy. Mostly like everyone else with a low IQ.

Early front runner for Post of the Year.

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

walkstall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus
LNF Bunker

WYSIWYG

Reply #34 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 12:14pm
Print Post  

WWII

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #35 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Paul Hadrian and his Stones wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:27pm:
Where does all this anger come from?

From a quick glance at the photos I'd say it has something to do with your toilet training.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #36 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 1:33am:
- Having an uncle who came home from the democrat-run Vietnam no-win war wounded.

- Encountering anti-white discrimination at university and then in the aerospace industry.

- Books by Von Hayek, Russell Kirk, the Friedmans, Rand, Solzhenitsyn, Orwell, Buckley, etc etc.

- Observing year by year as liberals diminish the Constitution into the status of a quaint historical document

- The overall slow but steady decline of the U.S. from the effects of the leftwing

Jasmine..  Are you gonna 'splain to pat what an "event" is?

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #37 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Kennedy's election

Kennedy's assassination.

Nixon's resignation

Reagan's election

The rise of pseudo Christians into government

The anti science policies of the far-right

IP Logged

Fight Back America
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
I've always been political no certain event got me into it

but i don't like the way our politics have gone .

IP Logged

spectacula
LNF Representative2

I'll tell your daddy.

Reply #39 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 11:05am:
Early front runner for Post of the Year.

Haters gonna hate.  Ainters gonna aint. Cool

Let's agree to disagree. I never said I was right, but you are definitely wrong!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Events that helped shape your political beliefs

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules