Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › What kind of people are being hired as police officers now days?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What kind of people are being hired as police officers now days? (Read 8,107 times)
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: What kind of people are being hired as police officers now days?
Reply #10 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
The Joe Mengele Quartet wrote on Jun 7th, 2015 at 11:28pm:
Actually Feddy that makes it about teens. Not black teens.

Police treat black teens differently than white teens.

The most ridiculous statement ever from Lomelis
Lomelis wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:03am:
This is why people need to turn against the gov in general.  Only going to get worse.

IP Logged

The Joe Mengele Quartet
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 7th, 2015 at 11:31pm:
Police treat black teens differently than white teens.

In every situation? Can you prove that? If not can you prove that is the case in this instance?

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #12 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Just in passing, for most UK police forces, there are no formal educational qualifications required as a recruit.

Many forces find they can't get the standard of applicant they want, so they are forced to relax this requirement.

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

Concerned American
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 11:01am
Print Post  
If You are Stopped by the Police

What should I do if a police officer stops me while I’m walking down the street or driving in my car?
Whatever you do, keep your cool—don’t run away and don’t insult the officer. If you ignore the officer’s request to stop or if you become combative with the officer, you can be arrested. If you are stopped while in your car, you are required to show the police your license and vehicle registration, and, if requested to do so, to get out of your car. (You shouldn’t ignore a police request to stop your car since you may find yourself involved in a dangerous chase and under arrest when the officer catches up to you.) If you are stopped on the street, you should give your name and address if asked. You are not required to answer any other questions, and you may want to consult a lawyer before doing so.

CAN I WALK AWAY?
Unless a police officer has “probable cause” to make an arrest or a “reasonable suspicion” to conduct a “stop and frisk,” a person has the legal right to walk away from a police officer. However, at the time of the encounter, there is no real way to know what information the officer is relying on. In fact, an officer may have information that provides a valid legal basis to make an arrest or to conduct a stop and frisk, even if the person stopped is actually innocent of any wrongdoing. In that situation, an officer may forcibly detain an innocent person who starts to leave the scene of an interview. Common sense and self-protection suggest that people who intend to walk away from a police officer should first make sure that the officer does not intend to arrest or detain them. A good question might be, “Officer, I’m in a hurry, and I’d prefer not to talk to you right now. You won’t try to stop me from leaving, right?” If the officer replies that you are not free to leave, you should remain at the scene and leave the issue of whether the officer had the necessary legal basis to detain you for the courts to determine at a later time.

TALKING TO POLICE OFFICERS MIGHT HELP YOU
Police officers may be as interested in clearing the innocent as in convicting the guilty. People can often clear their names as well as help the police find the real perpetrators by answering a few straightforward questions. For example, assume that Wally, a possible suspect, can demonstrate that “I was at dinner with Andre” at the moment a crime was committed. Wally both removes himself as a suspect and enables the police to concentrate their efforts elsewhere.
And legal rights aside, the truth on the street is that people often can make life easier for themselves by cooperating with police officers—as long as they don’t have a good reason not to. “Contempt of cop” has resulted in the arrest and even physical injury of more than one innocent person. When innocent people who are pulled over or questioned by police officers stand on their rights too forcefully, events can sometimes get out of control rather quickly.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2015 at 11:09am by »  

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 7th, 2015 at 11:17pm:
Only an idiot would believe that a teen wearing a bathing suit could hurt a police officer.  I guess being black makes a girl stronger than the average teen girl. Roll Eyes

Well my daughters are not teens anymore. But when they were with the Karate lessons they took they could do more than defend themselves. And they don’t forget, last month in South Carolina, my middle daughter took out a rowdy customer that was causing damage and threatening the waitress. My daughter is a manager of a chain restaurant. She told the BLACK lady to pay her tab and leave or she would call the police. The woman got in her face and received a strike from my daughter to her throat where she fell trying to breath, she lived and the police came and arrested her. Don’t think that all teens are helpless. With a little training they could kick you so hard that your balls would come out of the top of your head.
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #15 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:57pm
Print Post  

Archie wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:38pm:
With a little training they could kick you so hard that your balls would come out of the top of your head.

If a trained police officer can get their ass kicked by a teenage girl, then they should consider a new career field.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #16 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Blacks have pool parties? I thought they can't swim?

Coffin drop!!

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #17 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
And in response to Just_Me's OP, yes, Fox News reported on it. That's how I heard about it.

Coffin drop!!

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:38pm:
Well my daughters are not teens anymore. But when they were with the Karate lessons they took they could do more than defend themselves. And they don’t forget, last month in South Carolina, my middle daughter took out a rowdy customer that was causing damage and threatening the waitress. My daughter is a manager of a chain restaurant. She told the BLACK lady to pay her tab and leave or she would call the police. The woman got in her face and received a strike from my daughter to her throat where she fell trying to breath, she lived and the police came and arrested her. Don’t think that all teens are helpless. With a little training they could kick you so hard that your balls would come out of the top of your head.
Smiley

And that is relevant to this situation because????????

The most ridiculous statement ever from Lomelis
Lomelis wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:03am:
This is why people need to turn against the gov in general.  Only going to get worse.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
If a trained police officer can get their ass kicked by a teenage girl, then they should consider a new career field.

Be my guest.

Karate Girl STREETFIGHT! - YouTubeNov 27, 2013 ... You need Adobe Flash Player to watch this video. ... Help up and coming
Canadian Karate Champion, JULIA HOURAHINE, ... Great action!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIsqmqVF1z8

Britain's Got Talent: Amazing sword-wielding kung fu girl aged 9 is ...Apr 18, 2015 ... Video loading ... already a star in America, having finished filming an action
movie this year. ... And in July she will start filming a movie with teen idol Zac
Efron ... Already the youngest female world champion in the karate and ...http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/britains-talent-amazing-sword-wielding-kung-5...

Attacker left battered trying to grab teen girl a martial arts expert in ...Oct 12, 2014 ... A 35-year-old tried to attack a 14-year-old girl in Tilgate Park, Crawley, ... Couple
are shocked to discover the suburban Midwest home they've lived in for 22 .....
Lily James sports a gold band on her ring finger as she steps out in LA .... habits
in the 1980s but story never ran (and publicist who stopped it set ...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2790060/attacker-left-battered-bruised-t...

Wink
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › What kind of people are being hired as police officers now days?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog