Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The blame game.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The blame game. (Read 1,678 times)
Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

The blame game.
Jun 9th, 2015 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
I pointed this out here in a post, which I canít find right now. So I will tell you all again.

There are many more white cops than black. And the black cops are responsible for only 10% of the shootings. And of that 10% 78% were black.
The larger majority of cops being white of course are going to be responsible for more shootings, which they are. 91%, of which 68% were black.  The total of the all blacks killed by white cops was 46% of all blacks killed. Black cops killed 10% of which78% of all they killed were black. But that is not what I am trying to point out.
If the police department was 50% white and 50% black and the shootings were divided between the two races, the white cops would not look like racists because they would be equal or below the blacks killed by black cops.

Read the article below, and think about it. The problem is not always the cops. Why do people do the dumb things that they do and end up dead?

Deadly Force, in Black and White - ProPublicaOct 10, 2014 ... Young black males in recent years were at a far greater risk of being shot dead
by police than their white counterparts Ė 21 times greater i, according to ... Still,
what the data shows about the race of victims and officers, and the ...http://www.propublica.org/article/deadly-force-in-black-and-white
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

JohnnyB1OFdaFEW
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Boston Strong- Big Papi

Re: The blame game.
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
WADS- "You're a liar" Cry

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jun 9th, 2015 at 10:36pm:
There are many more white cops than black. And the black cops are responsible for only 10% of the shootings. And of that 10% 78% were black.
The larger majority of cops being white of course are going to be responsible for more shootings, which they are. 91%, of which 68% were black.† The total of the all blacks killed by white cops was 46% of all blacks killed. Black cops killed 10% of which78% of all they killed were black. But that is not what I am trying to point out.

Statistical legerdemain .. Not surprised you fell for it..

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jun 10th, 2015 at 10:08am:
Statistical legerdemain .. Not surprised you fell for it..

I fell for the facts. Should I light up and dream my dream instead?
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jun 10th, 2015 at 1:41pm:
Should I light up and dream my dream instead?

No YOU shouldn't.. Alcohol is highly flammable.. Your 'wife beater' T will burst into flames..

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 2:07pm
Print Post  

The problem is not always the cops.

Has anyone ever said it is?

That doesn't change the fact that there is a problem with police brutality, militarization of police, etc.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jun 10th, 2015 at 2:07pm:
Has anyone ever said it is?

That doesn't change the fact that there is a problem with police brutality, militarization of police, etc.

I'm not going to deny that there is a problem. I think, in the big picture, police brutality is a bit overstated - but even a few incidents aren't acceptable.

The police "militarization" thing, I'm kind of torn on how I feel. I believe our police officers need and deserve the best possible protection and gear, but my eyes have been opened to the abuses and dangers it can cause.

Broadly speaking, I think we are seeing more police brutality because society itself has become more brutal. The riff-raff are getting more out of control, and the police are responding accordingly. It doesn't necessarily make it right, but I don't think it's going to stop.

Coffin drop!!

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 10th, 2015 at 4:23pm:
The riff-raff are getting more out of control, and the police are responding accordingly..

Yes because rioting in the 60s and 70s was so different than rioting today.. Back then they broke windows and set fires.. Today they set fires and break windows.. Big difference.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jun 10th, 2015 at 4:29pm:
Yes because rioting in the 60s and 70s was so different than rioting today.. Back then they broke windows and set fires.. Today they set fires and break windows.. Big difference.

The difference is that the riots were much worse than they are now

The most ridiculous statement ever from Lomelis
Lomelis wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:03am:
This is why people need to turn against the gov in general.  Only going to get worse.

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
I pointed this out here in a post, which I canít find right now. So I will tell you all again.

The larger majority of cops being white of course are going to be responsible for more shootings, which they are. 91%, of which 68% were black.† The total of the all blacks killed by white cops was 46% of all blacks killed. Black cops killed 10% of which78% of all they killed were black. But that is not what I am trying to point out.
If the police department was 50% white and 50% black and the shootings were divided between the two races, the white cops would not look like racists because they would be equal or below the blacks killed by black cops.

Read the article below, and think about it. The problem is not always the cops. Why do people do the dumb things that they do and end up dead?

Deadly Force, in Black and White - ProPublicaOct 10, 2014 ... Young black males in recent years were at a far greater risk of being shot dead
by police than their white counterparts Ė 21 times greater i, according to ... Still,
what the data shows about the race of victims and officers, and the ...http://www.propublica.org/article/deadly-force-in-black-and-white
Smiley

What do you believe these statistics say?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The blame game.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog