Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Drugs destroy another life.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Drugs destroy another life. (Read 4,093 times)
Chaz
Ex Member

Re: Drugs destroy another life.
Reply #20 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 12:50am
Print Post  
MikeGlosterIII wrote on Jul 14th, 2015 at 12:39am:
Conceded ! I should have said something like : addiction to drugs leads person to self destruct .

Except that the guy in YOUR OP wasn't a drug addict. He was selling in an attempt to cover child support payments.

Try harder, idiot.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #21 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled « CBS ...Feb 4, 2014 ... Drugged driving accounted for more than 28 percent of traffic deaths in ... The
researchers also found that marijuana was the main drug involved in the
increase. ... Adkins noted that the legalization of marijuana in some states ...http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2014/02/04/study-fatal-car-crashes-involving-marijua...

Pot Fuels Surge in Drugged Driving Deaths - NBC NewsFeb 15, 2014 ... As medical marijuana sales expanded into 20 states, legal weed was ... that
marijuana is playing an increased role in fatal crashes,” said Dr. ... Since then,
California has posted “marked increases in driver fatalities testing ...http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/pot-fuels-surge-drugged-driving-deaths...

After 5 Months of Sales, Colorado Sees the Downside of a Legal HighMay 31, 2014 ... We've seen deaths directly attributed to marijuana legalization. ... a 61 percent
increase in seizures of marijuana that could be traced to Colorado. ... Police and
fire officials across the state have been contending with a sharp ...http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/01/us/after-5-months-of-sales-colorado-sees-the-d...
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #22 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jul 14th, 2015 at 1:12pm:
Study:

A total of 4,381 motorcyclists died in crashes in 2013. Motorcyclist deaths had been declining since the early 1980s but began to increase in 1998 and continued to increase through 2008. Motorcyclist deaths decreased by 16 percent in 2009 compared with 2008 and increased slightly in 2010, 2011, and 2012 before decreasing by 7 percent in 2013.  Motorcycle deaths accounted for 13 percent of all motor vehicle crash deaths in 2013 and were more than double the number of motorcyclist deaths in 1997.

Motorcycles are less stable and less visible than cars and often have high performance capabilities. When motorcycles crash, their riders lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle, so they're more likely to be injured or killed.

The federal government estimates that per mile traveled in 2013,
the number of deaths on motorcycles was over 26 times the number in cars.

Link

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Reply #23 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jul 14th, 2015 at 1:21pm:
A total of 4,381 motorcyclists died in crashes in 2013. Motorcyclist deaths had been declining since the early 1980s but began to increase in 1998 and continued to increase through 2008. Motorcyclist deaths decreased by 16 percent in 2009 compared with 2008 and increased slightly in 2010, 2011, and 2012 before decreasing by 7 percent in 2013.  Motorcycle deaths accounted for 13 percent of all motor vehicle crash deaths in 2013 and were more than double the number of motorcyclist deaths in 1997.

Motorcycles are less stable and less visible than cars and often have high performance capabilities. When motorcycles crash, their riders lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle, so they're more likely to be injured or killed.

The federal government estimates that per mile traveled in 2013,
the number of deaths on motorcycles was over 26 times the number in cars.

Link

Well played.
_________

On a related note:

I have no problem with motorcycles, but damnit if it doesn't rub me the wrong way when I see "Wear your Seat Belt!" commercials and signs, threatening me to "Click it or Ticket!".

I wear a seat belt because it's a good idea, but you're going to fine me for not wearing a seat belt while there are millions of people riding around on motorcycles?

I have to, by law, wear a seat belt, and you'll fine me for not wearing one, but you'll let these people ride by on two wheels and virtually no protection from instant death if they're involved in an accident? How does this make sense?

Buddy_Love wrote on Jul 16th, 2019 at 5:17pm:
I'm fine where I am. I love America. However, you don't like America, so it's you that should leave.

Ulysses wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:00pm:
I dare you to say that to Cuomo's face.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #24 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jul 14th, 2015 at 1:34pm:
Well played.
_________

On a related note:

I have no problem with motorcycles, but damnit if it doesn't rub me the wrong way when I see "Wear your Seat Belt!" commercials and signs, threatening me to "Click it or Ticket!".

I wear a seat belt because it's a good idea, but you're going to fine me for not wearing a seat belt while there are millions of people riding around on motorcycles?

I have to, by law, wear a seat belt, and you'll fine me for not wearing one, but you'll let these people ride by on two wheels and virtually no protection from instant death if they're involved in an accident? How does this make sense?

Absolutely.

A close friend that works as an ER Doctor told me this one ..

What do you call a motorcycle rider showing up in the ER?

A donor.  Cool

IP Logged

MikeGlosterIII
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Except that the guy in YOUR OP wasn't a drug addict. He was selling in an attempt to cover child support payments.

Try harder, idiot.

A little over two months here and he's learned the liberal SOP  name-calling, and throwing an ad-hominem when confronted with civil discussion. It would seem he's studied at the feet of Fiddler and Thor.   Grin Grin Grin

Let a man meet a she-bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly. Proverbs 17:12 (ESV)

IP Logged

Chaz
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
MikeGlosterIII wrote on Jul 14th, 2015 at 10:01pm:

A little over two months here and he's learned the liberal SOP  name-calling, and throwing an ad-hominem when confronted with civil discussion. It would seem he's studied at the feet of Fiddler and Thor.   Grin Grin Grin

Quote the part of the article in which the guy was a drug addict, you clown.

I'll wait.

IP Logged

PeterR
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I'll wait.

You promise not to post while you're waiting?

Says the guy who "lost his shit after January 20, 2009."
(Or, am I the “guy who shit his pants on 9/11 and spent the entire GWOT behind the safety of his monitor”?  I can never remember.)

"He was born with the gift of laughter and the sense that the world was mad."

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #28 - Jul 15th, 2015 at 12:24am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jul 14th, 2015 at 1:34pm:
Well played.
_________

On a related note:

Here's a thought, an instructor at my CDL school mentioned the reason it's required by law to wear a seatbelt, especially for truckers.

If you've ever had a chance to ride in a semi tractor and trailer, you'll learn it's one bumpy ride.  between the suspension and that air cushioned, spring mounted seat, you can tossed around like a ping pong ball. It's absolutely conceivable that a driver could get tossed out of the drivers seat in an emergency situation.

He made the point that you're endangering other motorists by not staying strapped in. Emergency steer to avoid school kids in the road, hop a curb, get tossed into the back seat and careen out of control into an oncoming school bus, which in turn careens into a nuclear testing facility which blows up killing most of Texas.

And that's why seatbelts.

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

MikeGlosterIII
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #29 - Jul 15th, 2015 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Quote:

I'll wait.

More liberal SOP ! thor would be proud of you

Let a man meet a she-bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly. Proverbs 17:12 (ESV)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Drugs destroy another life.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog