Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › TRUMP Is Prophetic
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) TRUMP Is Prophetic (Read 6,033 times)
FounderChurch
LNF Representative

READ MY THREADS FOR MORE
"FOUNDERCHURCH"

TRUMP Is Prophetic
Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Trump is a Prophet of God warning us of the coming fall of America, as she rejects God, and He turns His back on this Country and no longer will Bless it.

Yet our God is a God of Mercy and Restoration of the Prodigals of this world who repent and seek his favor once again. So, there is hope for America, BUT only if there is a Religious Great Awakening among the population.

If TRUMP is nominated, and elected, either as a Republican or (if the Republican Party is unworthy of him) as head of a new party, similar to the overnight creation and success of the Republican Party that elected Lincoln and saved the Union. Maybe this new party could be named, GAP Great Again Party. Or perhaps as ATP America Trump Party.

In any case he is the only LEADER running. The rest of the pack are all good men, but just not real leaders, at least not the sort of leader we need to get us out of this hole we are in.

He is not fundamentally a partisan, he is a uniter not a divider. He has enough sense to know that nothing can be done without a consensus of both Liberals and Conservatives. FounderChurch@Gmail.Com

Google "FounderChurch"

But what say you? Smiley

"I came to bring Life and Life More Abundantly!" Our best and brightest birthrate is 1.2 average, which is half of replacement. Under best circumstances it takes 2.2 children to just replace any population. Any group becomes statistically extinct in less than 100 years that reproduces at half of replacement. It's just Math. This is America's last century. It's all over. People will be living here after we're gone but they won't be us.

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Re: TRUMP Is Prophetic
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
One question: how high are you right this second?

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
I don't think Trump is a good man.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Are you aware he is not a saved man?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
I was mulling over Trump's popularity with evangelicals, despite being laughably ignorant of Christianity and the Bible, not using biblical language in his speeches, and not living a model evangelical life.  Oddly enough, this old post came to mind, and it clicked: Trump really is a prophet.

The popular conception of a Tanakh (the Old Testament) prophet is someone who predicts the future, but that wasn't their primary message.  Primarily, prophets called for national renewal, revival, and purity in the name of the Yah-El religion.  This is exactly what Trump's message is: a call to national renewal and greatness, to Make America Great Again.  Probably wholly ignorant of the connection, Trump is aping the style and basic message of a number of Tanakh prophets.

Evangelicals are more deeply steeped in the Tanakh than any other branch of Christianity.  Evangelicals strongly identify with Israel & its struggles and turn to the Tanakh to justify beliefs and attitudes that don't really jive with Jesus's mostly pacifist and universalist teachings.  When Trump apes Elijah's style, evangelicals recognize something they deeply identify with, even if they don't understand the connection.  I think this explains Trump's support among evangelicals, despite much more evangelical Republican candidates (Huckabee, Cruz).

If Trump disgusts and unnerves you, remember that the prophets were not necessarily good men.  For example, at the end of the sacrifice contest between Elijah and the priests of Ba'al, Elijah directs the mob to attack Ba'al's priests.  The mob complied, murdering them with nary a peep from Elijah.  When the prophets destroyed the groves and slew the priests of other gods, that was someone's church and someone's pastor.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 2:23pm:
...If Trump disgusts and unnerves you, remember that the prophets were not necessarily good men.  For example, at the end of the sacrifice contest between Elijah and the priests of Ba'al, Elijah directs the mob to attack Ba'al's priests.  The mob complied, murdering them with nary a peep from Elijah.  When the prophets destroyed the groves and slew the priests of other gods, that was someone's church and someone's pastor.

That doesn't make them bad by biblical standards. Remember that back in those times god himself supposedly ordered a few of these massacres. God can't possibly do "bad things", so people may very well assume that these prophets were inspired by god to do these things that appear to you (and me) as bad, evil even.

IOW, you'll never convince a zealot with that kind of argument.

Non sequitur:

Helena Ann Basket wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 5:20pm:
That doesn't make them bad by biblical standards. Remember that back in those times god himself supposedly ordered a few of these massacres. God can't possibly do "bad things", so people may very well assume that these prophets were inspired by god to do these things that appear to you (and me) as bad, evil even.

Yet we have judges who pass sentence on criminals who break the law, why would God not pass judgement on those who break his law?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #7 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 5:20pm:

You can't convince zealots of much of anything, because their religious beliefs are almost entirely emotional, not rational.  Reason and emotion are both necessary to think usefully, but some areas of thought require more reason than emotion, and vice versa.  (Analyzing "I love my wife" rationally is absurd.)

I didn't post the comparison to Elijah to convince any zealots to abandon their faith, nor do I expect any to do so.  I posted the comparison to head off an expected red herring response: namely, that the prophets were good men of God, and Trump isn't.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 6:23pm:
You can't convince zealots of much of anything, because their religious beliefs are almost entirely emotional, not rational.  Reason and emotion are both necessary to think usefully, but some areas of thought require more reason than emotion, and vice versa.  (Analyzing "I love my wife" rationally is absurd.)

I didn't post the comparison to Elijah to convince any zealots to abandon their faith, nor do I expect any to do so.  I posted the comparison to head off an expected red herring response: namely, that the prophets were good men of God, and Trump isn't.

A lot of invalid claims and assumptions with very little facts.  I am 56, did not accept Jesus till I was 51.  I would say that it was my reasoning that led me to Christ, not my emotions.  There was no emotional need for him, but an understanding of God's law and the realization that I have broken his law and thus subject to his judgement.  This is what drove me to an understanding of his grace.  There were other issues I have contemplated on both sides regarding evolution vs. creation.  I also enjoy history and started out trying to determine just how flawed the history of the Bible is.  To my surprise, it is quite accurate, beyond what many actually thought.  So there was a logical thought process that drove me, ultimately it was God's law that opened my eyes and the realization I needed his mercy and grace.  Just thought I would give some insight to my thought process.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 12:18am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 8:04pm:
A lot of invalid claims and assumptions with very little facts.  I am 56, did not accept Jesus till I was 51.  I would say that it was my reasoning that led me to Christ, not my emotions.  There was no emotional need for him, but an understanding of God's law and the realization that I have broken his law and thus subject to his judgement.  This is what drove me to an understanding of his grace.  There were other issues I have contemplated on both sides regarding evolution vs. creation.  I also enjoy history and started out trying to determine just how flawed the history of the Bible is.  To my surprise, it is quite accurate, beyond what many actually thought.  So there was a logical thought process that drove me, ultimately it was God's law that opened my eyes and the realization I needed his mercy and grace.  Just thought I would give some insight to my thought process.

I've seen you exert that "reasoning" you speak of and it is fraught with emotionalism, exaggeration and denial. I don't need to rely on your word, your posting is evidence enough. Contrary to what you may be fooling yourself to believe, you're not driven by reason but by emotionalism, it is in fact so ingrained in you that whenever you're faced with something you can't possibly deny you resort to the old Pascal wager as your only answer. You've done that so many times that that cliché clings to you like shit to a shovel.
So don't give that speech to anyone unless they are complete strangers who've never heard of you.

Non sequitur:

Helena Ann Basket wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › TRUMP Is Prophetic
LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room