Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › TRUMP Is Prophetic
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) TRUMP Is Prophetic (Read 8,656 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: TRUMP Is Prophetic
Reply #10 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 7:13am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Feb 4th, 2016 at 12:18am:
I've seen you exert that "reasoning" you speak of and it is fraught with emotionalism, exaggeration and denial. I don't need to rely on your word, your posting is evidence enough. Contrary to what you may be fooling yourself to believe, you're not driven by reason but by emotionalism, it is in fact so ingrained in you that whenever you're faced with something you can't possibly deny you resort to the old Pascal wager as your only answer. You've done that so many times that that cliché clings to you like shit to a shovel.
So don't give that speech to anyone unless they are complete strangers who've never heard of you.

Again, it's people like yourself who live in this make believe world you create here on the internet where you think that some postings about politics gives you everything needed to know someone personally.  You live in a fantasy, for instance your remarks "I've seen you..." is a false statement.  I could no more make suggets about your own life outside of this forum then you can of mine.  This world does not solely revolve around politics MO.  Yet to you and people like you it is all that matters robbing you of the ability to really know someone sufficient enough to make a real opinion about someone.  Am I driven by emotionalism?

Well, you really can't make that call on a forum that is solely driven by emotion.  I have read numerous postings by you and you lack substance when you get into debates and delve almost completely with emotion, you cling to it like a baby to it's pacifer over and over.  Are you an emotional metrosexual?  Hard to say but you do get all uptight on the political forum.  Read your own remarks to me and note the anger, hostility and name calling.  You reject peoples opinions because they will not conform to your own personal viewpoint.  To me that is an indication of a lack of maturity.  Name calling when the argument does not go your way is not an indication of the kind of maturity one would expect from an adult, but rather from a child who can not get his way and resorts to sulking, whining and anger.

What is amazing about people like you is you can not understand nor reason with anyone who's views differ from you.  You seem to have this naive childish thought that everyone should be like you and if they are not then something is wrong with them.  The real world outside of your keyboard is filled with individuals who are individually diffrent then you in most of their ways.  Their looks thoughts, emotions, judgement, likes and dislikes and I wonder if this overwhelms you?  Anyway, no one forces you to read anyone elses post so refrain from demanding someone refrain from...  You will only incite them just to antagonize you.   Wink  Another emotional trait you demonstrated.

The pascal wager, I find it interesting that you think it will not take place.  Just in case you do not know, ten out of ten people die.  You are merely mortal and until you cross death's threshold you have no idea what lays on the otherside of the door.  It humors me that when I say you may be right and we simply cease to exist or you may be wrong and stand before your Creator gives you fits, like saying we are simply going to have to agree to disagree.  Those sort of remarks seem to irk the snot out of leftist like you who just want an endless argument.  Another emotional trait.
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2016 at 7:26am by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 7:46am
Print Post  
As I am pondering my remarks what I have observed is it upsets you and people like you when we logically conclude with a summary, "We will have to agree to disagree" or"We will all get our answers once we die" is an unacceptable answer for people like yourself.  That means that the only acceptable answer to you is your answer.  This reminds me of someone who has been coddled their entire childhood and have an incapacity of dealing with anyone who dares challenges their viewpoint.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #12 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 6:22pm:
Yet we have judges who pass sentence on criminals who break the law, why would God not pass judgement on those who break his law?

First.. "Judges" actually exist..

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #13 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Feb 4th, 2016 at 7:46am:
As I am pondering my remarks what I have observed is it upsets you and people like you when we logically conclude with a summary,

That's the point.. Faith demands that logic be suspended.. It can be no other way.

You are lying to yourself ..

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Reply #14 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 2:23pm:
If Trump disgusts and unnerves you, remember that the prophets were not necessarily good men.  For example, at the end of the sacrifice contest between Elijah and the priests of Ba'al, Elijah directs the mob to attack Ba'al's priests.  The mob complied, murdering them with nary a peep from Elijah.  When the prophets destroyed the groves and slew the priests of other gods, that was someone's church and someone's pastor.

In the context of the culture and the covenant with YHWH, the priests of Ba'al were hardly merely "pastors of somebody's church."

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #15 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Feb 4th, 2016 at 4:05pm:
In the context of the culture and the covenant with YHWH, the priests of Ba'al were hardly merely "pastors of somebody's church."

Archeology surprised everyone by revealing that Israel emerged from the prehistoric Semitic Canaanites of the region.  There never was an Exodus.  Because the Exodus is a myth, the covenant in the Torah was also a myth.

From what we know from archaeology and by reading between the lines of the Tanakh, there was a power struggle in ancient Canaan.  The Jerusalem power structure wanted to built a strong nation state based on the king and the worship of Yah-El.  Naturally, to secure the national power, the worship of Yah-El would be based in Jerusalem, and other forms of religion would need to be delegitimized and stamped out.  The Canaanites were not always particularly thrilled about submitting to the power of Jerusalem or giving up the Semitic pantheon their ancestors had worshiped.

As usual, the state religion was happy to tell myths that legitimized their power & practices and sanctified oppression & violence against those outside the state religion.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Reply #16 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Feb 4th, 2016 at 5:37pm:
Archeology surprised everyone by revealing that Israel emerged from the prehistoric Semitic Canaanites of the region.  There never was an Exodus.  Because the Exodus is a myth, the covenant in the Torah was also a myth.

Was Elijah and the prophets of Ba'al a myth?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Feb 4th, 2016 at 12:59pm:
That's the point.. Faith demands that logic be suspended.. It can be no other way.

You are lying to yourself ..

IN my opinion, it takes far greater faith to believe life started accidentally.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Feb 5th, 2016 at 11:15am:
IN my opinion, it takes far greater faith to believe life started accidentally. 

Care to elaborate on that?

Non sequitur:

Do You Eat Carrots wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #19 - Feb 5th, 2016 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Feb 4th, 2016 at 9:14pm:
Was Elijah and the prophets of Ba'al a myth?

Yes, fire does not drop from the sky, and the mob's reaction is inexplicable without the fire drop, so the sacrifice contest did not actually happen as told.  The story likely circulated to teach that Ba'al was inferior to Yah-El and to justify oppressing and attacking Ba'al's worshipers.

However, I expect that the story contains significant literal truths.  Though drowning in hagiography, Elijah was probably a real person and a prophet of Yah-El.  He likely did lead attacks on worshipers of other gods.  The sacrifice contest is likely to be a mythologized telling of an attack.  It is even possible that there was an actual Yah-El vs. Ba'al sacrifice content where Elijah and his followers killed Ba'al's priests, either as an intentional trap or after fighting broke out, with the miracle added as justification.  If true, the story may have also circulated to whitewash Elijah's atrocity.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › TRUMP Is Prophetic

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News