Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › What can derail the Trump Train?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What can derail the Trump Train? (Read 5,312 times)
Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: What can derail the Trump Train?
Reply #20 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Aug 27th, 2015 at 9:20am:
Having made that prediction.. I don't think it'll get that far.

Trump isn't in it to win it. But he's sure doing a bang up job of exposing the inner thoughts of the Republican base. I wonder if he even realizes the damage to the GOP he's doing? The establishment GOP has been ignoring these people for a long time for a reason.

Queshank

I think the Establishment does enough to get them to vote but not enough to see major adverse side effects. For whatever reason, Trump does not seem to concerned with who he alienates.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #21 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Possibly Logical wrote on Aug 27th, 2015 at 10:43am:
I think the Establishment does enough to get them to vote but not enough to see major adverse side effects. For whatever reason, Trump does not seem to concerned with who he alienates.

I agree.  In another thread I alluded to Trump being a monster of the GOP's own creation.

The best we can hope for from the Trump era is a splintering of the party.  The Trump type supporters can go form their own party, and I can perhaps one day have the Republican Party back for myself. 

Trump is giving voice to a lot of people who feel they haven't been heard in the past.  The fact that it's anger, spite and all negative emotions doesn't surprise me in the least.  I've been embedded with these people my entire life.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #22 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Aug 27th, 2015 at 10:49am:
I agree. In another thread I alluded to Trump being a monster of the GOP's own creation.

The best we can hope for from the Trump era is a splintering of the party. The Trump type supporters can go form their own party, and I can perhaps one day have the Republican Party back for myself.

Trump is giving voice to a lot of people who feel they haven't been heard in the past. The fact that it's anger, spite and all negative emotions doesn't surprise me in the least. I've been embedded with these people my entire life.

Queshank

Since I'm a Trump person, I'll stay in the Republican Party because that's where I belong.  Sorry that it's not limited just to you as you would like, though, but I'm not leaving.

It's a shame that all you see in people who don't agree with you on everything is anger, spite and other negative feelings not named, because that perspective shows that you're missing a lot.  I was somewhat angry, mostly at conservatives who sit out elections or threaten to, but when Trump began talking that anger dissipated and I began to feel a bit of hope that perhaps the Republicans were going to run a person who could express that hope and make the hard decisions that are going to have to be made to bring our nation out of the financial and emotional (lack of a better word) doldrums in which it lives.  Trump definitely can make the hard choices.

Trump appeals to people, real people.  Look at the crowds who turn out to listen to him.  They are enormous by anyone's standards, and they are cheerful and positive, not dour like you want to paint them.

I have no idea if Trump will be the nominee or not, but I do know that he is definitely in it for the long haul.  It's a long time until the primaries, but we'll eventually have a nominee, as will the democrats, poor dears.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 11:55am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Aug 27th, 2015 at 11:09am:
Since I'm a Trump person, I'll stay in the Republican Party because that's where I belong. Sorry that it's not limited just to you as you would like, though, but I'm not leaving.

That's okay crepe, I already left so you can have it Smiley  In its current state I want no part of it.

Quote:
It's a shame that all you see in people who don't agree with you on everything is anger, spite and other negative feelings not named, because that perspective shows that you're missing a lot. I was somewhat angry, mostly at conservatives who sit out elections or threaten to, but when Trump began talking that anger dissipated and I began to feel a bit of hope that perhaps the Republicans were going to run a person who could express that hope and make the hard decisions that are going to have to be made to bring our nation out of the financial and emotional (lack of a better word) doldrums in which it lives. Trump definitely can make the hard choices.

"The anger dissipated when he spoke"

Yep.  Rush Limbaugh: Helping people feel better about being petty since 1986.  Now Trump can join him.  Donald Trump: Helping people feel better about being petty since 2015!

Quote:
Trump appeals to people, real people.

Oh yes!  As opposed to those NOT real people that he doesn't appeal to.  And you wonder why I think Trump supporters are full of spite and petty emotions?

Quote:
Look at the crowds who turn out to listen to him. They are enormous by anyone's standards, and they are cheerful and positive, not dour like you want to paint them.

Of course they're cheerful.  They finally have the dictator they've been longing for to put their anger and spite into action.

Quote:
I have no idea if Trump will be the nominee or not, but I do know that he is definitely in it for the long haul. It's a long time until the primaries, but we'll eventually have a nominee, as will the democrats, poor dears.

You really are from flyover country Smiley  I wonder if we're related.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #24 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
What can derail Trump?  To quote a great man "They have to find him in bed with a dead woman or a live boy".

And get photos...

Other than that, dunno...

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Aug 27th, 2015 at 11:55am:
That's okay crepe, I already left so you can have it Smiley In its current state I want no part of it.

"The anger dissipated when he spoke"

Yep. Rush Limbaugh: Helping people feel better about being petty since 1986. Now Trump can join him. Donald Trump: Helping people feel better about being petty since 2015!

Oh yes! As opposed to those NOT real people that he doesn't appeal to. And you wonder why I think Trump supporters are full of spite and petty emotions?

Of course they're cheerful. They finally have the dictator they've been longing for to put their anger and spite into action.

You really are from flyover country Smiley I wonder if we're related.

Queshank

You're speaking with the anger that I usually expect from dems.   It's not surprising, though, because overall conservatives and liberal dems don't handle being questioned or hearing comments of disagreement very well.

You used the word "petty" at least three times, and I'd like to know how you see Trump supporters as being petty.

Yep, I am from flyover country.  If you are, we could be related.  My side of the family has always been open-minded about political differences.   Smiley

How is it spiteful to use the term "real people".

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Aug 27th, 2015 at 12:26pm:
You're speaking with the anger that I usually expect from dems. It's not surprising, though, because overall conservatives and liberal dems don't handle being questioned or hearing comments of disagreement very well.

I love how I'm alternately called a liberal, a conservative or a libertarian depending on who I'm arguing with and what kind of jab they think they can score a point with Smiley I defy political labels crepe. I find it difficult to find any anger in my posts ... but rather an overall sense of both entertainment (because this shit is awesome) and satisfaction at having some of my years old predictions coming true.

Quote:
You used the word "petty" at least three times, and I'd like to know how you see Trump supporters as being petty.

Most of what the Trump supporters I've heard talk about say "Trump is saying what we've wanted politicians to say forever!" Most of what Trump is saying is petty and divisive bullshit. But Trump supporters eat that up as if it's filling and nutritious and actually makes sense. Like his vacuous "Day one we build a wall!" And day 2 Mexican immigrants build a ladder. The irony that we are now cheering to become more like Mother Russia isn't lost on me. Walls on the borders! Homeland security! A strong dictatorial leader to cut through the bullshit and make things happen. Sure we claim the wall is to keep people out and to protect America from unsavory elements (so did the Eastern bloc claim) but in the end it is to prevent the freedom of people to move and settle where they will.

I call them petty because it never occurs to a single one of them that there's more to this issue than "Keepin them blast durn Mehicans the hell out of our country!" A hint for you crepe...there's more to it than that.

Quote:
Yep, I am from flyover country. If you are, we could be related. My side of the family has always been open-minded about political differences. Smiley

For as snarky and as rude as I'm being to you that wouldn't be a negative Smiley I admire and respect your wit and your dignity. I don't believe you're petty and spiteful. You've just aligned yourself with petty and spiteful people.

Quote:
How is it spiteful to use the term "real people".

I've grown up hearing the term "real Americans" and "real people." The "REAL" ones. I don't think that's what you mean by it. But I know for a fact that's what 90% of the Trumpa Loompahs mean by it.

Queshank

IP Logged

POPEYE the SAILOR MAN
LNF Majority Leader

I am what I am and Thats
all I am

Reply #27 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Aug 27th, 2015 at 1:42pm:
I love how I'm alternately called a liberal, a conservative or a libertarian depending on who I'm arguing with and what kind of jab they think they can score a point with Smiley I defy political labels crepe. I find it difficult to find any anger in my posts ... but rather an overall sense of both entertainment (because this shit is awesome) and satisfaction at having some of my years old predictions coming true.

Most of what the Trump supporters I've heard talk about say "Trump is saying what we've wanted politicians to say forever!" Most of what Trump is saying is petty and divisive bullshit. But Trump supporters eat that up as if it's filling and nutritious and actually makes sense. Like his vacuous "Day one we build a wall!" And day 2 Mexican immigrants build a ladder. The irony that we are now cheering to become more like Mother Russia isn't lost on me. Walls on the borders! Homeland security! A strong dictatorial leader to cut through the bullshit and make things happen. Sure we claim the wall is to keep people out and to protect America from unsavory elements (so did the Eastern bloc claim) but in the end it is to prevent the freedom of people to move and settle where they will.

I call them petty because it never occurs to a single one of them that there's more to this issue than "Keepin them blast durn Mehicans the hell out of our country!" A hint for you crepe...there's more to it than that.

For as snarky and as rude as I'm being to you that wouldn't be a negative Smiley I admire and respect your wit and your dignity. I don't believe you're petty and spiteful. You've just aligned yourself with petty and spiteful people.

I've grown up hearing the term "real Americans" and "real people." The "REAL" ones. I don't think that's what you mean by it. But I know for a fact that's what 90% of the Trumpa Loompahs mean by it.

Queshank

Toepick wrote:
Quote:
But I know for a fact that's what 90% of the Trumpa Loompahs mean by it.

That just says so much about you. No one has to call you anything, you are what you are! Grin

I HILLARY I remember landing under sniper fire." There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, "but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.

Toot TooT

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #28 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Aug 27th, 2015 at 12:01pm:
What can derail Trump? To quote a great man "They have to find him in bed with a dead woman or a live boy".

And get photos...

Other than that, dunno...

Greg

You and I are actually thinking along the same lines, Greg.

I think a scandal is what could ultimately derail Trump. Herman Cain was a leading candidate in 2012 until he exited after a scandal. I think the very same thing could happen to Trump. He is a powerful man who is used to getting what he wants. I'm sure he has enemies. And that could come back to bite him.

If not, the only other possibility I can see is that the Republican candidates keep dwindling down until there's just two left. Let's say it's Trump and Marco Rubio left. I'm guessing that most of the fallen candidates would support Rubio, and that might bump Rubio enough to edge out Trump.

I like Trump for his honest style and un-PC ways, but ultimately his popularity now is mainly due to his name recognition and celebrity status. When the race comes down to the wire, the perception of Trump may change. He may be less of a celebrity and more of a political candidate. And when that happens, he could falter badly.

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #29 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Aug 27th, 2015 at 11:09am:
Since I'm a Trump person, I'll stay in the Republican Party because that's where I belong. Sorry that it's not limited just to you as you would like, though, but I'm not leaving.

It's a shame that all you see in people who don't agree with you on everything is anger, spite and other negative feelings not named, because that perspective shows that you're missing a lot. I was somewhat angry, mostly at conservatives who sit out elections or threaten to, but when Trump began talking that anger dissipated and I began to feel a bit of hope that perhaps the Republicans were going to run a person who could express that hope and make the hard decisions that are going to have to be made to bring our nation out of the financial and emotional (lack of a better word) doldrums in which it lives. Trump definitely can make the hard choices.

Trump appeals to people, real people. Look at the crowds who turn out to listen to him. They are enormous by anyone's standards, and they are cheerful and positive, not dour like you want to paint them.

I have no idea if Trump will be the nominee or not, but I do know that he is definitely in it for the long haul. It's a long time until the primaries, but we'll eventually have a nominee, as will the democrats, poor dears.

Only idiots support Trump.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:18am:
Regulations are designed to protect the consumer and the worker.  If it doesn’t,it is not a regulation.

"Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › What can derail the Trump Train?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog