Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereTechnology Forum - Computers › Will Robots Make Us More Human?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Will Robots Make Us More Human? (Read 1,788 times)
TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Will Robots Make Us More Human?
Oct 24th, 2015 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
This is a short video that I think might be of some interest here. It discusses the issues surrounding robots and the end of work but in a way that is more optimistic than is usual.

« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2015 at 12:41pm by TowardLiberty »  

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Libtard Harry sings his song
Ex Member

Re: Will Robots Make Us More Human?
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
You're video isn't playing. Sounds like an interesting topic.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Odd. It works on my end.

Here is the link.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsACeAkvFLY

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

Reply #3 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
- interesting

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

Libtard Harry sings his song
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 24th, 2015 at 1:39pm:
Odd. It works on my end.

Here is the link.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsACeAkvFLY

Thanks for the link. I found it interesting, but not as comprehensive as I hoped it would be.

I'm pretty busy today, so I'll comment more later.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #5 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Thanks for the link. I found it interesting, but not as comprehensive as I hoped it would be.

I'm pretty busy today, so I'll comment more later.

No prob.

Yeah it really only hints at a way to think about the issue. As to what we might find ourselves doing instead, who can say?

IP Logged

Capt. Obvious B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #6 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
I love the message, we should embrace it not only because it's beautiful but seems absolutely grounded in fact with all the historical references.  Every fear that a technological improvement will cost us jobs is a Luddite fallacy indeed.  just learned that term! Thanks man!

Humans are amazingly adaptable and it's actually quite fun to consider the sheer variety of job options available to us thanks to the automation of more mundane tasks.  I've switched occupations and careers multiple times so far for the most mundane of reasons, I got bored.  What a wonderful luxury that is afforded to us in modern times.   Smiley

"Be Kind; Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle" Plato

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #7 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Capt. Obvious B.S.C. wrote on Oct 24th, 2015 at 3:38pm:
I love the message, we should embrace it not only because it's beautiful but seems absolutely grounded in fact with all the historical references.  Every fear that a technological improvement will cost us jobs is a Luddite fallacy indeed.  just learned that term! Thanks man!

Agreed.

Yes, it does seem like an evolution that has played out in history an endless number of times. How silly to think we should resist it given the gains already achieved.

Quote:
Humans are amazingly adaptable and it's actually quite fun to consider the sheer variety of job options available to us thanks to the automation of more mundane tasks.  I've switched occupations and careers multiple times so far for the most mundane of reasons, I got bored.  What a wonderful luxury that is afforded to us in modern times.   Smiley

Totally agree. I have had 2 jobs in just the last 6 months.

I think the future will see this trend become even more pronounced. Especially with the new p2p- tech economy. By that I refer to things like Uber, Lyft, Taskrabbit, AirBnB and all the rest.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2015 at 4:22pm by TowardLiberty »  

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
I knew that TV set at 5:14 looked familiar.

Probably one of the best built solid state chassis Zenith ever made. 
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2015 at 5:12pm by glen65 »  

IP Logged

Capt. Obvious B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #9 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Oct 24th, 2015 at 4:14pm:
Agreed.

Yes, it does seem like an evolution that has played out in history an endless number of times. How silly to think we should resist it given the gains already achieved.

Totally agree. I have had 2 jobs in just the last 6 months.

I think the future will see this trend become even more pronounced. Especially with the new p2p- tech economy. By that I refer to things like Uber, Lyft, Taskrabbit, AirBnB and all the rest.

When the stat popped in the vid that we average something like 11.7 jobs over the course of our lives, I started going over the list of jobs I've had and why I left.  We should all share, for posterity!

Paper boy (because who wasn't?)
Lifeguard (Fired for skinny dipping with GF after hours, boss caught me lol)
Truck Driver OTR (Too stressful, couldn't hack it)
EMT Paramedic (Too stressful, couldn't hack it)
Homegrown business/Musician/Instructor (Current)

What a blessing to have so many options that not even our parents were afforded.  Not even the sky is the limit for our little ones coming up.

Smiley

"Be Kind; Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle" Plato

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereTechnology Forum - Computers › Will Robots Make Us More Human?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog