Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Fallout 4
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Fallout 4 (Read 3,939 times)
Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Re: Fallout 4
Reply #30 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 9:28am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Dec 4th, 2015 at 2:08am:
What's amazing is that you are so deranged that you don't even realize how abnormal your first reaction was to my first post in this thread.

Did I say anything personal? No.

Did I attack you in any way? No.

What I did was express my opinion about RPGs, which I am entitled too. After all, this is a debate forum, isn't it?

If you were normal, you could have asked my reasons for disliking them for example, if only to prove to your audience how wrong I am for thinking this way but NO, you choose to go berserk instead and insult me on a personal level,
proving by that inadequate reaction that you are exactly what you accuse me of. I mean who else than a misfit would respond that way?

Who else than a deeply disturbed individual would attack me right off the bat simply for disagreeing with you on... something.

But keep pretending that I am wrong, you are really making a good show of it and fooling every one.

This is important to you, isn't it?

BowHunter wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 5:08pm:
I am no longer indulging assholes.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #31 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 9:49am
Print Post  
BTW: Fallout 4 still kicks a ton of ass.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #32 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 10:45am
Print Post  
I was gonna bump this yesterday to asks if it's still a highly recommended game or not, but I didn't want to restart the drama ... as entertaining as it was (and it was!)

I haven't purchased it yet.  I dunno why.  I waited forever to finally get fallout 3 and now I'm waiting forever to get fallout 4.  No good reason except "wtf 60 bucks???"  Something about 60 dollar games chaps my ass.

Queshank

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.

Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #33 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 10:45am:
I was gonna bump this yesterday to asks if it's still a highly recommended game or not, but I didn't want to restart the drama ... as entertaining as it was (and it was!)

Meh. Take your time. It will still be awesome in a year.

In fact, there are still a couple of bugs that affect the game now and again, although nowhere near where it was at the beginning.

But it's fun. And there is a lot more to do if you want to put off the main quest, which is unlike Fallout 3. You could spend dozens of hours before even thinking about the main quest, if you want.

In fact, I read an article where one guy never even left the initial settlement area you find right when you leave the vault. You can build up settlements to your little heart's desire, and settlers start to arrive (and the place will eventually get raided by raiders and other miscreants, so there will be ample combat as well, even without leaving a ~1 square mile area).

I'm not into the settlement building, but a lot of people are getting way into it.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 11:01am:
In fact, I read an article where one guy never even left the initial settlement area you find right when you leave the vault. You can build up settlements to your little heart's desire, and settlers start to arrive (and the place will eventually get raided by raiders and other miscreants, so there will be ample combat as well, even without leaving a ~1 square mile area).

I'm not into the settlement building, but a lot of people are getting way into it.

That sounds badass.  I've really become a fan of the survival genre after getting so hooked on 7 Days to Die.  (Alpha 13 isn't as fun for some reason tho)

Queshank

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #35 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 11:11am:
That sounds badass.  I've really become a fan of the survival genre after getting so hooked on 7 Days to Die.  (Alpha 13 isn't as fun for some reason tho)

Queshank

There are also a few people who give out endless quests.

I'm sure they eventually get boring, but not so far for me, and I've done quite a few of them.

"Settlement X is getting harassed by Super Mutants. Go protect it."

"There was a kidnapping by some raiders at Settlement Y. Go get the guy back."

"There was some interesting tech spotted that the Brotherhood of Steel needs. Go grab it and bring it back to us."

"The Brotherhood has noticed that some ghouls have infested a nearby area. Go exterminate them."

"A synth is trying to escape his slavery. Go find him at location Z, and bring him to me."

And they will just keep going like that, new enemies infesting areas you cleared a week before. I have too much fun with the combat for these missions to even begin to feel old.

There's also a mission eventually at the Museum of Witchcraft in Salem that will (no spoilers!) freak you the f*** out. Don't rush to it, as you'll get slaughtered early on.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #36 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 9:49am:
BTW: Fallout 4 still kicks a ton of ass.

Dammit I'm still wrestling with this purchase.

I said I haven't bought it and "dunno why" but I do know why.

It's because I'm unemployed and I don't want to be spending my wife's money.  Not when I have so many other games I could be playing.  I don't think she'd go for that.  So I'm slowly greasing the wheels until I can buy it.

Speaking of other games I could be playing... a couple fun ones I've been playing (when I'm not playing Heroes of the Storm)

Elite: Dangerous.  More simulator than game.  But I just pretend I'm Han Solo and have a blast on this game.  I can set up trade routes and run back and forth trying to maximize my profits for hours.  Part of it is the nostalgia factor of having played the original on my C64 circa 1984.  But it's just a gorgeous and fun game if you have flight controllers.  And I do.  It's down to 29.99 from its original 59.99 because it's old and there's an expansion out.  AND because some people don't realize it's a simulator and are expecting something else. 

The Long Dark:  Your plane goes down in the northern wilderness of Canada.  It's 30 below windchill and you're in a sweater and jeans.  You can hear wolves circling.  Now what?  Really cheap and still in alpha/early access.  Story mode isn't enabled yet but the sandbox is awesome.  And for 19.99 it's a good time.  Probably the best of the survival genre I've seen, taking wind chill and calories burnt into consideration.

Queshank

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #37 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Kids and work made me take a nearly 2 year hiatus from this game.

But I have had a couple of business trips recently where the work isn't all that demanding. I have to be on site, but really I wrap up my work in a few hours.

So I loaded up Fallout 4 to finally finish it.

Final summary:

Gameplay is, as mentioned previously, spectacular. Fallout 4 shines as an open world, where there are ample quests, both repeating and unique. The unique, one-off quests are well designed, well written, and engrossing. The settlement system is a lot of fun, though it does eventually become tiresome. I really enjoy the combat system as well.

But, and this is a big but, the main plot, whenever you eventually get to it, is unsatisfying to say the least. None of the choices on how you wish to end the game, related to which powerful faction you want to support, are all that compelling or even reasonable. There is moral ambiguity in every choice, and none of the factions prove all that logical in the final result.

There is something interesting, though, and that is doing a bit of research around the internet and hearing the different moral justifications for the player's final decision. I believe the obvious choice is to side with The Institute (no real spoilers here, you'll make your own mind up if you play the game). But this is hardly the majority opinion online; in fact, it seems in the small minority of opinion. Which is compelling to me, the idea that a video game can so offer a moral question that thousands of individuals can answer so dramatically differently.

Anyway, definitely worth playing if you have the time, for the open-world gameplay and the discovery of your thought processes regarding morality compared to thousands of others. But, again, be prepared for a disappointing ending. The entertainment is truly in the journey more so than the destination.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
I bought it on 50% sale last Christmas, played it for 3 hours (according to Steam) thinking "Man this is great!" and haven't been back yet. 

I need to set aside time to play it.  And there's so many other things vying for my attention.  Like that god damned Heroes of the Storm I can't quit no matter how often it lets me down.  Just today a glitch wiped out 600 of my rank points.  Did I nerdrage and quit for 3 months like some amateur, fly by night masochist?  Hell no!  I immediately queued up for 2 more ranked matches like the seasoned pro I am!

I'm kinda glad you bumped this cuz it reminds me I have it and should play it.

Queshank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Fallout 4

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News