Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Remember this? The Republican Establishment hated Reagan before he became President
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Remember this? The Republican Establishment hated Reagan before he became President (Read 1,602 times)
stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Remember this? The Republican Establishment hated Reagan before he became President
Dec 11th, 2015 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Remember this? The Republican Establishment hated Reagan before he became President.

March 02, 2015

Thanks to Matthew Ung, we need to remind ourselves how desperately the Republican establishment wanted Ronald Reagan to just go away in the 1970s.  keep this in mind as the Republican establishment works to marginalize the Tea party and conservatives like Ted Cruz today.

Former Republican Senator Chuck Percy of Illinois in 1975 to the New York Times: “A Reagan nomination and the crushing defeat likely to follow could signal the beginning of the end of our party as an effective force in American life.”

Representative John Rhodes, Republican of Arizona, who became leader of the Republicans in the House, in 1975 said, “As soon as Reagan gets away from his clichés and his campaign slogans, he’s in trouble.”

Republican Vice President Nelson Rockefeller warned Republicans governors in 1975: “No major American party can long endure by directing its appeal to a narrow minority. It will not serve the nation to have our major parties polarized at ideological extremes.”

Republican Representative Pete McCloskey of California in 1976: “A Reagan win would be a disaster for the GOP.”

In 1976, Reagan was publicly told by two Republican governors to get out of the race against Ford.

MORE>http://moneyrunner.blogspot.com/2015/03/remember-this-republican-establishment.h...
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2015 at 4:26am by stu_gatze »  

CADES COVE IS A LEFTIST WHACKO & IS REALLY DUMB ..

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Remember this? The Republican Establishment hated Reagan before he became President
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 5:44am
Print Post  
I remember.  However, I relate this to the way that Trump is being treated by the Reps, not Cruz.  Could the establishment possibly be in trouble with the people?  Are they angry that we're thinking for ourselves?

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Re: Remember this? The Republican Establishment hated Reagan before he became President
Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 8:24am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Dec 11th, 2015 at 5:44am:
I remember.  However, I relate this to the way that Trump is being treated by the Reps, not Cruz.  Could the establishment possibly be in trouble with the people?  Are they angry that we're thinking for ourselves?

----------------------------------------------------------

The establishment rePUBICans want Jeb Bush, but, they will settle for Rubio.

They absolutely do not want Trump or Cruz, but, .. a lot of the GOP voters do. 

CADES COVE IS A LEFTIST WHACKO & IS REALLY DUMB ..

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Trumpublican

Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Dec 11th, 2015 at 5:44am:
Are they angry that we're thinking for ourselves?

Nope, no one is angry that you all are "thinking" for yourselves.
We are disgusted that you all are forcing us to lose a perfectly winnable election. The Democrats are running their weakest candidate ever and instead of nominating someone that can win a general election, people like yourself have selected a Liberal NY Celebrity with the highest negatives of all of the candidates in both parties.
Trump has the self control and personality of a 4th grader.
Reagan would have never insulted a POW, Reagan would have never insulted womens looks, Reagan wouldn't have mocked a handicapped person and lied about it, Reagan wouldn't have refused to call Jerusalem the capital of Israel, Reagan wouldn't have suggested blocking American Muslims re-entry into the country, Reagan wouldn't have suggested Russia who invaded Ukraine and downed a passenger plane take over in the Syria to help Assad kill rebels armed by the U.S. etc, etc... 
Trump has horrible judgment as do his supporters.

The Republican Party will NOT allow Donald Trump to be the face of the party as it would be party suicide.
Best case scenario at this point would be for Trump to run 3rd party even if it means we get Hillary for 4 years (it would happen anyway as he won't beat her in a general). I agree with S.E Cupp on this.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-donald-trump-republican...

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Trumpublican

Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Dec 11th, 2015 at 3:57am:
Remember this? The Republican Establishment hated Reagan before he became President.

March 02, 2015

Thanks to Matthew Ung, we need to remind ourselves how desperately the Republican establishment wanted Ronald Reagan to just go away in the 1970s.  keep this in mind as the Republican establishment works to marginalize the Tea party and conservatives like Ted Cruz today.

Former Republican Senator Chuck Percy of Illinois in 1975 to the New York Times: “A Reagan nomination and the crushing defeat likely to follow could signal the beginning of the end of our party as an effective force in American life.”

Representative John Rhodes, Republican of Arizona, who became leader of the Republicans in the House, in 1975 said, “As soon as Reagan gets away from his clichés and his campaign slogans, he’s in trouble.”

Republican Vice President Nelson Rockefeller warned Republicans governors in 1975: “No major American party can long endure by directing its appeal to a narrow minority. It will not serve the nation to have our major parties polarized at ideological extremes.”

Republican Representative Pete McCloskey of California in 1976: “A Reagan win would be a disaster for the GOP.”

In 1976, Reagan was publicly told by two Republican governors to get out of the race against Ford.

MORE>http://moneyrunner.blogspot.com/2015/03/remember-this-republican-establishment.h...

I'll just leave this here.

https://twitter.com/ReaganWorld/status/674254307496103937

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Josie wrote on Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:05pm:

You can leave it where ever you want but let me remind you that the GOP will lose if Jeb or any other RINO is elected.  The GOP declared war with Conservatives, not the other way around Josie.  They pissed us off by spending their money, not on the DEMS, but on real conservatives who had every intent of bucking the GOP establishment and putting people in who stood on principals.  I am freaking tired of lying assholes who promise us the world and then once in office become democrat lite.  Cruz is a much better pic then Rubio.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Trumpublican

Reply #6 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:11pm:
You can leave it where ever you want but let me remind you that the GOP will lose if Jeb or any other RINO is elected.  The GOP declared war with Conservatives, not the other way around Josie.  They pissed us off by spending their money, not on the DEMS, but on real conservatives who had every intent of bucking the GOP establishment and putting people in who stood on principals.  I am freaking tired of lying assholes who promise us the world and then once in office become democrat lite.  Cruz is a much better pic then Rubio.

This mentality literally makes me want to throw up!

Do you not understand that we have to win a General Election here?
If the hard right RINO hunters get who they want, they will be the only ones voting for that person in a GE... the nominee has to be acceptable to as many people as possible. You select the most electable Conservative you can. If Ted Cruz can beat Trump God Bless him, I will support him all the way, but he is NOT our strongest GE candidate, so we will be fighting with our hands tied behind our backs as Cruz is pretty marginalized.
Rubio does best with Moderates and Independents and he's no effing RINO so just stop it with that shit already because you all have lost credibility by embracing the NY Liberal Donald Trump.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Josie wrote on Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:22pm:

If the hard right RINO hunters get who they want, they will be the only ones voting for that person in a GE... the nominee has to be acceptable to as many people as possible. You select the most electable Conservative you can. If Ted Cruz can beat Trump God Bless him, I will support him all the way, but he is NOT our strongest GE candidate, so we will be fighting with our hands tied behind our backs as Cruz is pretty marginalized.
Rubio does best with Moderates and Independents and he's no effing RINO so just stop it with that shit already because you all have lost credibility by embracing the NY Liberal Donald Trump.

Guuuuuurl.......

Dayum.....

Greg Shocked

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Josie wrote on Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:22pm:

Can you read?  Honestly, I am trying not to go down the insult fest with you.  Tell you what Josie, I CHALLENGE you to link my support for Trump.  If you can find it I will mail you 100.00 for your Christmas.  You seem so blinded by your anger that you are not reading my post in the manner I wrote it.  I simply am expressing why so many people are flocking to Trump, maybe the Republican party can learn a thing or two from Trump because he's winning right now.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
The HONEST question Josie is What is Trump doing right?  That is the honest question that the party should ask itself and then try to capitalize on it, rather then lobbing softballs for Trump to hit out of the park.  You can scream and insult voters all you want but how does that change their minds.  Me and Jas had this discussion in a reasonable and thoughtful manner, despite my dislike for Trump, he has tapped into something.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Remember this? The Republican Establishment hated Reagan before he became President

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog