Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Intersesting sermon from a Post Millenielist.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Intersesting sermon from a Post Millenielist. (Read 1,350 times)
fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Intersesting sermon from a Post Millenielist.
Jan 12th, 2016 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
I heard this sermon and it got me thinking, maybe forcing me to reconsider my eschatology.   My understanding of end times has always been that Christ will build His Church and the world and it's Kingdoms/governments will always, for the most part reject Christ and grow worst.
This guys interpretation is much more optimistic, the Kingdom of God growing, influencing and finally triumphing before the 2nd coming.  This is his interpretation of course, but he goes through scripture seeming to make a good case.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1QKum419MU   

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Re: Intersesting sermon from a Post Millenielist.
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
I plan on watching that, maybe this evening. I was always a premillennialist until I was taking a theological course and read a book on millennialism. The unique (for met at that time) feature of that book was that each position was actually represented by a proponent of that position! It didn't reverse my perspective but it certainly forced me to consider the other perspectives more seriously and hold less strongly to my own.

That said (not having watched it yet), I really don't think "we" will "mostly get the job done" only to have Jesus come in at the last to seal the deal...

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Jan 12th, 2016 at 4:01pm:
That said (not having watched it yet), I really don't think "we" will "mostly get the job done" only to have Jesus come in at the last to seal the deal...

Yeah, I definitely would be interested on your take on this.
I guess it's not so much about the timing of events that got me interested in his position, but the thrust of the NT proclamation concerning the Kingdom.  He stresses that the main message is not our individual salvation from Hell and ticket to Heaven, but the fact that all authority has been given to Christ on Heaven and Earth. That the kingdom has come and is growing and will triumph. 
He says it affects our witness in the world.  If our eschatology is that the world gets worst then we tend to rejoice in the increase in sin instead of engaging and being light and salt.   In other worlds let the world go to Hell and wait for our rapture escape pod.
I'm not totally convinced of this position, but it got me thinking.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Jan 12th, 2016 at 9:23pm:
Yeah, I definitely would be interested on your take on this.
I guess it's not so much about the timing of events that got me interested in his position, but the thrust of the NT proclamation concerning the Kingdom.  He stresses that the main message is not our individual salvation from Hell and ticket to Heaven, but the fact that all authority has been given to Christ on Heaven and Earth. That the kingdom has come and is growing and will triumph. 
He says it affects our witness in the world.  If our eschatology is that the world gets worst then we tend to rejoice in the increase in sin instead of engaging and being light and salt.   In other worlds let the world go to Hell and wait for our rapture escape pod.
I'm not totally convinced of this position, but it got me thinking.

I'm three quarters of the way through. I really like the way he treats the Psalms, Isaiah, etc.--very Jewishly Messianic. Very...N.T. Wright...

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Jan 12th, 2016 at 9:40pm:
I'm three quarters of the way through. I really like the way he treats the Psalms, Isaiah, etc.--very Jewishly Messianic. Very...N.T. Wright...

Yeah, I thought of you, since you've made statements that sounded similar in the past.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #5 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
I listened to the whole thing. I like a lot of what he says about the "expanding kingdom" but (as I said before) I think it's a stretch to conclude that the Church will "triumph" before Christ's return. I would see it more like Christ's return validates and vindicates the Church's action and existence in the same way that Jesus' resurrection validated and vindicated all his prior actions, teachings, etc., all the way up to and including his crucifixion (in a culture in which the crucifixion itself would have disqualified a would-be messiah).

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #6 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Thanks for listening and giving me your take on it. 
I guess my objections are the many texts that seem to speak of the conquering Messiah coming in power bringing peace and justice. It seems a stretch to spiritualize these text as only meaning Christ will rule and conquer from above.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #7 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Jan 13th, 2016 at 1:09pm:
Thanks for listening and giving me your take on it. 
I guess my objections are the many texts that seem to speak of the conquering Messiah coming in power bringing peace and justice. It seems a stretch to spiritualize these text as only meaning Christ will rule and conquer from above.

I agree completely. We are strongly informed by the concept of "separation of Church and State."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Intersesting sermon from a Post Millenielist.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog