Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A discussion of Transubstantiation.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A discussion of Transubstantiation. (Read 396 times)
MikeGlosterIII
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

A discussion of Transubstantiation.
Feb 11th, 2016 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Educated for twelve years in pre VII Roman Catholicism; not to mention, growing up in a catholic ghetto,serving as an altar boy for six years and then going to the first two years of college at a post VII, catholic junior college at age twenty-nine, I have a fair idea of Catholic doctrine. The doctrine of Transubstantiation is still a basic one. Yet, I can count the number of catholics that I know, who believe this doctrine on one hand.

Here is a quote by a bishop, martyr, and a possible disciple of John : "Consider how contrary to the mind of God are the heterodox in regard to the grace of God which has come to us. They have no regard for charity, none for the widow, the orphan, the oppressed, none for the man in prison, the hungry or the thirsty. They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not admit that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, the flesh which suffered for our sins and which the Father, in His graciousness, raised from the dead."

"Letter to the Smyrnaeans", paragraph 6. circa 80-110 A.D.

Here is an article, a long one, , disecting this quote from a Reformed, Protestant POV.

http://www.whitehorseblog.com/2014/07/27/eating-ignatius/

I don't think we have any catholics posting here, but it would be interesting to here views on this issue that divides Catholics and Orthodox from Protestantism.

Let a man meet a she-bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly. Proverbs 17:12 (ESV)

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Re: A discussion of Transubstantiation.
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2016 at 8:41am
Print Post  
I am curious why the 2nd commandment about false idols and graven images is not in the Catholic version of the Ten Commandments?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2016 at 5:00am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 29th, 2016 at 8:41am:
I am curious why the 2nd commandment about false idols and graven images is not in the Catholic version of the Ten Commandments?

Yeah, imagine all the masterpieces it would have prevented.

What a luminous idea! Roll Eyes

Non sequitur:

Helena Ann Basket wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2016 at 10:52am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 5:00am:
Yeah, imagine all the masterpieces it would have prevented.

What a luminous idea! Roll Eyes

Start discussing or I am going to start deleting your posts.  It seems you are here simply to stir the pot rather then an honest discussion.  So your choice.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - May 30th, 2016 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 10:52am:
Start discussing or I am going to start deleting your posts.  It seems you are here simply to stir the pot rather then an honest discussion.  So your choice.

I gave you my personal opinion about the so called second commandment. You don't like it, tough. Muslims have something similar and because of that they have no equivalent to our renaissance painters. Their artists are reduced to abstract non-figurative patterns, aka arabesques.

There is always more in what I post in response to your posts than meet the eye, at least more that you apparently are willing to comprehend, to put it diplomatically.

Non sequitur:

Helena Ann Basket wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A discussion of Transubstantiation.
LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog