Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Official "The Walking Dead" discussion thread
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Official "The Walking Dead" discussion thread (Read 3,924 times)
Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Re: Official "The Walking Dead" discussion thread
Reply #50 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
One week to go till the season finale!

Last night's episode was tense. I wonder what's going to happen to Sasha? Can Dwight really be trusted? Is Eugene really Team Negan, or does he have some sort of scheme going on?

I really like "Cyndie" from the Oceanside group. I hope to see more of her. I can see her becoming a part of Rick's team.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #51 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 10:14am
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Feb 20th, 2017 at 9:54am:
I don't know, found last night's episode to be a bit goofy.
What's up with those junk yard people that walk about like
Star-Trek Borg drones and expressionless faces?  The zombie
Apocalypse is technically only a couple years old and the leader
can barely speak plain English..I'll never quit watching the show
but something tells me they're losing their edge and on the way
out. 

Ugh. I hated this as well. Wasn't there a tribe of kids that spoke strangely and similarly in one of the Mad Max movies? But that, by estimate, was 15-20 years after the apocalypse, and the children formed their own secluded tribe and so language deviation makes sense.

For these idiots in the junkyard? Unless they are all from a nearby mental institution that teamed up and took over the junkyard, it makes absolutely zero sense. I hated the way they portrayed this group.

Jadis says to her lieutenant "Take him to the up-up-up" or something like that. It was super annoying. I wanted Rick to kill her.

Almost all post-apocalyptic fiction is supposed to take the viewer / reader into the world and make them ponder what they would do in these situations. And the Walking Dead has done a fine job over the years creating a world where the viewer could make small leaps for artistic license and poor science and enter that world. But these junkyard people are too much. Even Ezekial should have been watered down a bit in terms of the theatrics and probably a bit more care-and-concern-and-restraint on the pet tiger. It feels like parts of an entirely different story.

Governor? Believable. Cannibals at Terminus? Believable. Wolves? Sure. Negan? Why not?

But junkyard people who have developed their own language and only one or two of them speak? C'mon.

BowHunter wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 5:08pm:
I am no longer indulging assholes.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #52 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Apr 1st, 2017 at 10:14am:
Ugh. I hated this as well. Wasn't there a tribe of kids that spoke strangely and similarly in one of the Mad Max movies? But that, by estimate, was 15-20 years after the apocalypse, and the children formed their own secluded tribe and so language deviation makes sense.

For these idiots in the junkyard? Unless they are all from a nearby mental institution that teamed up and took over the junkyard, it makes absolutely zero sense. I hated the way they portrayed this group.

Jadis says to her lieutenant "Take him to the up-up-up" or something like that. It was super annoying. I wanted Rick to kill her.

Almost all post-apocalyptic fiction is supposed to take the viewer / reader into the world and make them ponder what they would do in these situations. And the Walking Dead has done a fine job over the years creating a world where the viewer could make small leaps for artistic license and poor science and enter that world. But these junkyard people are too much. Even Ezekial should have been watered down a bit in terms of the theatrics and probably a bit more care-and-concern-and-restraint on the pet tiger. It feels like parts of an entirely different story.

Governor? Believable. Cannibals at Terminus? Believable. Wolves? Sure. Negan? Why not?

But junkyard people who have developed their own language and only one or two of them speak? C'mon.

Don't be such a down down.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #53 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Apr 1st, 2017 at 2:25pm:
Don't be such a down down.

C'mon. I'm a huge fan of this show! Smiley

But the scavengers feel like a group from a fantasy story, or a post-apocalyptic story set far into the future, long past the apocalyptic event. Culture wouldn't change so dramatically in two years where an entire society of people would form with bizarre language deviation and cult-like behaviors. Them walking around in circles, nobody talking, when we're first introduced to them? Who in a dreary and difficult post-apocalyptic world would buy into these behavioral requirements?

But the creators of the show are allowed to make mistakes. Unlike many others, I have actually enjoyed this season minus the scavengers, the over-the-top theatrics of Ezekiel, and the re-occurring issues with the show like Carl's terrible performance.

I think Negan's Saviors are a likely development in such a world. A feudal lord, more or less, with a small leap of faith that one of his own hasn't just decided to kill him... He takes too many chances for somebody with that much power, but that leap is perfectly acceptable for dramatic effect and artistic license.

The scavengers are a leap too far. Hopefully, the Saviors kill most of them in the inevitable coming battle, and we're not left to deal with them for long.

BowHunter wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 5:08pm:
I am no longer indulging assholes.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #54 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:44am
Print Post  
I agree completely.. That is, I'm a bit irritated by Ezekiel's Shakespearean dramatics and the Junkyard drones.
I do like Cindy, and also Rachel, the young, tough sassy girl in the Oceanside.   
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2017 at 2:33pm by fair-minded know it all »  

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #55 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 9:56pm:
One week to go till the season finale!

Last night's episode was tense. I wonder what's going to happen to Sasha? Can Dwight really be trusted? Is Eugene really Team Negan, or does he have some sort of scheme going on?

I really like "Cyndie" from the Oceanside group. I hope to see more of her. I can see her becoming a part of Rick's team.

I believe Dwight can be trusted.. He's tired of his humiliation at the hands of Negan.. Plus, he knows his wife might still be out there alive and knows what Negan would do to them both if he discovered Dwight lied. Dwight's a conflicted character, and they've been building to this.
Sasha has to prove herself to Negan, she is still plotting to kill him.
Eugene is simply a coward that wants to be kept safe. Negan is correct in noting that Eugene's talents were not appreciated or utilized by Rick.. I don't think he's scheming but I'd bet at some point he's going to step it up and help Rick out.
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2017 at 9:05am by fair-minded know it all »  

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #56 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 2:39pm:
I don't think he's scheming but I'd bet at some point he's going to step it up and help Rick out.

I hope so. Right now, Eugene seems like a total coward who is willing to side against his friends in order to be safe. On the other hand, in reality there would bound to be people like Eugene if the zombie apocalypse actually happened. Not everyone can be brave and self-sacrificing.

I liked the last episode, but I think Rick's group still seems overmatched.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #57 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 5:17pm:
I liked the last episode, but I think Rick's group still seems overmatched.

Yep.. Negan not only has the sanctuary but many outposts.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #58 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
You mean they made a series about trump's supporters? Huh

Non sequitur:

Donkey Hoe Tay wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Official "The Walking Dead" discussion thread

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog