Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Remember when people were screaming about that stock market meltdown a few months ago
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Remember when people were screaming about that stock market meltdown a few months ago (Read 9,222 times)
Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Remember when people were screaming about that stock market meltdown a few months ago
Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Good times.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Remember when people were screaming about that stock market meltdown a few months ago
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:38pm
Print Post  

Has the Trump surge in the economy begun?????

Greg Grin

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Re: Remember when people were screaming about that stock market meltdown a few months ago
Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I do.

And I don't doubt that 2016 will see more of the same and even worse.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:40pm:
Yeah, I do.

Screaming about it?  Or it actually happening.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:40pm:
Yeah, I do.

I agree and those who are commenting as if everything is just fine despite our 17 trillion in debt and artificially under-inflated interest rates have no idea what they are talking about.  It's just a matter of time, when is anybodys guess.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:43pm:
I agree and those who are commenting as if everything is just fine despite our 17 trillion in debt and artificially under-inflated interest rates have no idea what they are talking about.  It's just a matter of time, when is anybodys guess.

So what's your guess?

Me, I'm all right Jack...

Greg Wink

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:43pm:

Well, now, I am not going to sneeze at anything measured in trillions.  That's a big number.  But when a business looks at a balance sheet, it doesn't only look at its liabilities.  It looks at its assets, too.  The national assets probably do not run to $17 trillion, but surely the value of all the property (land, buildings aircraft carriers, airplanes, you name it) is not an insignificant figure. 

Plus, the real measure of a nation's debt is how it relates to GDP.  Ours is above 100%, but it's not the first time.  The first time was at the end of WWII.  And that percentage was worked down during some pretty good years, years during which the top marginal tax rate was a lot higher than it is now.  Now, some would argue economic growth, which did occur, would have been greater with lower tax rates. And that might be true.  But the percent of national debt to GDP would not have dropped nearly as much, if at all. 

This debt is manageable.  How do I know?  Because we've managed it before.  But tax cuts ain't the answer to managing it.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

out of here for good
LNF Representative3
The Writer's Croft

Reply #7 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Debt – The U.S. government’s debt owed to the public has more than doubled. It is now more than $13.6 trillion, an increase of 116 percent since Obama first took office.

Total debt, counting money the government owes to itself, currently stands at nearly $18.9 trillion, up nearly 78 percent under Obama. Tongue

GOD BLESS  AMERICA!!  LAND OF THE FREE  HOME OF THE BRAVE !!

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
out of here for good wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:49pm:
Debt – The U.S. government’s debt owed to the public has more than doubled. It is now more than $13.6 trillion, an increase of 116 percent since Obama first took office.

Total debt, counting money the government owes to itself, currently stands at nearly $18.9 trillion, up nearly 78 percent under Obama. Tongue

and it nearly tripled under St. Ronald.  Lips Sealed

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #9 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 4:41pm:
Screaming about it?  Or it actually happening.

Both.

I remember it happening and us discussing it.

I also remember making a prediction that it would happen in Oct of 2015- I was off by about 2 months.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Remember when people were screaming about that stock market meltdown a few months ago

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog