Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Is the minimum wage Constitutional?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is the minimum wage Constitutional? (Read 8,252 times)
Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Is the minimum wage Constitutional?
Mar 28th, 2016 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
I just read that California lawmakers want to raise the state's minimum wage to $15 an hour.

My question is: Why is government (federal or state) allowed to dictate to private business owners how much they should pay their employees?

If I were President, one of the first things I would do is abolish the minimum wage. In my view, that is the ultimate in government intrusion.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Re: Is the minimum wage Constitutional?
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 28th, 2016 at 7:41pm:
I just read that California lawmakers want to raise the state's minimum wage to $15 an hour.

My question is: Why is government (federal or state) allowed to dictate to private business owners how much they should pay their employees?

If I were President, one of the first things I would do is abolish the minimum wage. In my view, that is the ultimate in government intrusion.

Anastasio "Tachito" Somoza would agree with you

"true terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country"
KV

words of acrhie
There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist.

IP Logged

POPEYE the SAILOR MAN
LNF Majority Leader

I am what I am and Thats
all I am

Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Mar 28th, 2016 at 8:06pm:
Anastasio "Tachito" Somoza would agree with you

Shitforbrains closet pervert peeing his panties hoping some oner reads his fantasies.

What a dipshit. Grin Cheesy

I HILLARY I remember landing under sniper fire." There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, "but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.

Toot TooT

IP Logged

Elmer Fudd
LNF Majority Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 11:16pm
Print Post  

You'd make Trump look sane by comparison.

non sumus stulti

"That's MISTER Fudd to you, pinhead!"

Paul Ryan on Trump's failure to get his healthcare bill passed:  "He did all he could do.  He left it all on the field."

Elmer's observation:  "Other things on his agenda might not be as easy to accomplish as he once thought.  I mean, "he left it all on the field" and STILL LOST!"

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Not sure about it being unconstitutional but it definitely is destructive to the goals of those who support it today.

And economic theory and empirics both point in this direction.

But that shouldn't be a big surprise to those who are aware of the history of minimum wage policy, as one of the tools the progressives designed for limiting the wages of non-whites, women and others they sought to exclude from the labor market.

The goal was to protect the "white" family and our western European "white" genetics.

These progressives displayed their racism for all to see and openly acknowledged that policies like the minimum wage were tools of eugenics.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #5 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 9:10am
Print Post  

You better focus on unemployment and welfare too. That would sky rocket as people would not be able to afford anything unless they work 20hrs a day.
Private business's would close due to people not being able to afford buying anything. TV, internet, new cars sales would all go rock bottom.
America would slowly become a 3rd world country.

I'll vote for Wadsworth as president before you. All he'd do is make sure whites become 2nd class citizens and make it illegal for them to reproduce.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #6 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 9:20am
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Mar 29th, 2016 at 9:10am:
You better focus on unemployment and welfare too. That would sky rocket as people would not be able to afford anything unless they work 20hrs a day.
Private business's would close due to people not being able to afford buying anything. TV, internet, new cars sales would all go rock bottom.
America would slowly become a 3rd world country.

I'll vote for Wadsworth as president before you. All he'd do is make sure whites become 2nd class citizens and make it illegal for them to reproduce.

You assume all that would happen if the minimum wage were abolished?

Really?

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #7 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 9:23am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2016 at 9:20am:
You assume all that would happen if the minimum wage were abolished?

Really?

Yes

You think every employer would be fare?

Really?

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #8 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 9:27am
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Mar 29th, 2016 at 9:23am:
Yes

You think every employer would be fare?

Really?

It's not about them being fair.

They have to offer enough to bid employees away from other employers.

A market process results.

Let's not forget that.

Your assumptions on the role that the minimum wage plays is wrong. It's neither necessary nor beneficial.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Are all Insurance Salesmen
REALLY that stupid?

Reply #9 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 10:30am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2016 at 8:31am:
Not sure about it being unconstitutional but it definitely is destructive to the goals of those who support it today.

And economic theory and empirics both point in this direction.

But that shouldn't be a big surprise to those who are aware of the history of minimum wage policy, as one of the tools the progressives designed for limiting the wages of non-whites, women and others they sought to exclude from the labor market.

The goal was to protect the "white" family and our western European "white" genetics.

These progressives displayed their racism for all to see and openly acknowledged that policies like the minimum wage were tools of eugenics.

What you claim to be a "progressive" movement was in reality a conservative effort to stem newly emerging demographic trends.. plus your post would be considerably more accurate if you replaced the term "progressives" with the term economists.   

Their further failure is the notion that a minimum wage necessarily prevents an individual from negotiating for a better wage. To introduce reality into this bizarre spin, this claim only makes sense if one can convince Americans of the ineffectiveness of trade unions which conservatives have indeed done.. .. 

All in all this once again shows the inability of economics to make accurate predictions in almost any situation..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Is the minimum wage Constitutional?
LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog