Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Are You A Good Person?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Are You A Good Person? (Read 6,790 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Are You A Good Person?
Reply #10 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 4:43pm:
It's basically just a chick tract in video format.  I used to read those little comics designed to intimidate and brainwash children at the church I went to.  Then I grew up. 

Queshank

Don't worry, we have noted that you love to worship self.  Growing up means that you now believe life can start out of nothing and through an endless series of accidents.   Cheesy

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 6:02pm:
Don't worry, we have noted that you love to worship self. 

What's not to worship??!!  I'm awesome!  Grin

Quote:
Growing up means that you now believe life can start out of nothing and through an endless series of accidents.   Cheesy

No, growing up means I need something with a little more logic and reason than chick tracts. I'm not calling religion childish. I'm calling chick tracts childish. Because they are. They're specifically made for children. Specifically uneducated low income children. That's why they're comic books Wink

Queshank

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.

Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 5:33am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 7:50pm:
What's not to worship??!!  I'm awesome!  Grin

No, growing up means I need something with a little more logic and reason than chick tracts. I'm not calling religion childish. I'm calling chick tracts childish. Because they are. They're specifically made for children. Specifically uneducated low income children. That's why they're comic books Wink

Queshank

Just as I said: "Nothing but recruiting crap."

Non sequitur:

Donkey Hoe Tay wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Apr 16th, 2016 at 7:14am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 5:33am:
Just as I said: "Nothing but recruiting crap."

Well then don't read or watch it.  You live by laws yet you think you will not have to give an account for your lifestyle in the end,  The answers lay on the other side but by then it will be too late.  There is no do over.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Apr 16th, 2016 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 16th, 2016 at 7:14am:
Well then don't read or watch it.  You live by laws yet you think you will not have to give an account for your lifestyle in the end,  The answers lay on the other side but by then it will be too late.  There is no do over.

I don't live by the laws that a bunch of imbeciles made up thousands of years ago, at a time when it was legal for a man to kill his son for a venial offense and when women were considered property to list only a couple of the outrageous things that were going on back then. I don't consider it honorable or even sensible to live by those laws.

Non sequitur:

Donkey Hoe Tay wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 16th, 2016 at 7:14am:

Hope you plan on standing by this and executing your daughter (if you have one) if she isn't a virgin when she gets married Seawolf.  And if she doesn't have one I hope you're holding your family members and fellow church goers to the law.  And I definitely hope when your wife is on her monthly time that she spends 7 days sleeping separately from you while she's unclean and making your bed unclean. 

Wouldn't want to be a hypocrite about "laws" now would we?

Queshank

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
HQueshank wrote on Apr 17th, 2016 at 12:25am:
Hope you plan on standing by this and executing your daughter (if you have one) if she isn't a virgin when she gets married Seawolf.  And if she doesn't have one I hope you're holding your family members and fellow church goers to the law.  And I definitely hope when your wife is on her monthly time that she spends 7 days sleeping separately from you while she's unclean and making your bed unclean. 

Wouldn't want to be a hypocrite about "laws" now would we?

Queshank

Ah yes, the law of the Old Testament.  I love how atheist think they find flaws in scripture yet competely miss the point of God's law and it's purpose.  Paul explained it quite thoroughly but too many play the gotcha game out of context..  Here is where you missed the broad side of a barn five feet in front of you.  The purpose of the law is to reveal "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the Lord". "None are righteous, no not one..."   Why do you think it is important to understand this?  Let me state that by the Ten Commandments I am a liar, a thief, a fornicator, a blasphemer, an adulterer...  The point is I can not bring anything before God to attone for breaking his laws.  That is why the Old Testament prophesied about his coming redemption through Jesus Christ.  We are sinners destined for his wrath as his laws reveal.  Galatians states the law was our guardian until Christ came that we may be justified by faith.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Apr 16th, 2016 at 2:11pm:
I don't live by the laws that a bunch of imbeciles made up thousands of years ago, at a time when it was legal for a man to kill his son for a venial offense and when women were considered property to list only a couple of the outrageous things that were going on back then. I don't consider it honorable or even sensible to live by those laws.

Yet you do.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 17th, 2016 at 6:42pm:
H
Ah yes, the law of the Old Testament.  I love how atheist think they find flaws in scripture yet competely miss the point of God's law and it's purpose.  Paul explained it quite thoroughly but too many play the gotcha game out of context..  Here is where you missed the broad side of a barn five feet in front of you.  The purpose of the law is to reveal "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the Lord". "None are righteous, no not one..."   Why do you think it is important to understand this?  Let me state that by the Ten Commandments I am a liar, a thief, a fornicator, a blasphemer, an adulterer...  The point is I can not bring anything before God to attone for breaking his laws.  That is why the Old Testament prophesied about his coming redemption through Jesus Christ.  We are sinners destined for his wrath as his laws reveal.  Galatians states the law was our guardian until Christ came that we may be justified by faith.

Where are the 10 Commandments found there sparky?

Queshank

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
And before you go into the interpretations of the 10 commandments found in the NT, be prepared to show me where Jesus said the law of Moses is no longer valid.

Or you could just admit you're a Paulian not a Christian and be out of the closet with it.

Queshank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Are You A Good Person?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog