Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Are You A Good Person?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Are You A Good Person? (Read 6,155 times)
BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Are You A Good Person?
Reply #120 - May 30th, 2016 at 4:49am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 29th, 2016 at 7:47pm:
You did not answer my question.

You did not read my post.

Non sequitur:

Bert Number 49 wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #121 - May 30th, 2016 at 10:57am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on May 29th, 2016 at 4:08pm:
Just take a (closer) look at the post to which you've so inadequately answered.

What you may consider adequate or not is not my standard.  I asked you a relevant question.  Are you going to state the same regarding the sentencing carried out by judges?  It is absolutely irrelevant whether or not you think there is a God.  There will be a day of judgement as he has promised.  The end will be your answer but there will not be any chance to rectify your refusal.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #122 - May 30th, 2016 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 10:57am:
What you may consider adequate or not is not my standard.  I asked you a relevant question.  Are you going to state the same regarding the sentencing carried out by judges?  It is absolutely irrelevant whether or not you think there is a God.  There will be a day of judgement as he has promised.  The end will be your answer but there will not be any chance to rectify your refusal.

I say that even if you admit the existence of a god, something I personally do not, the idea that that god could have moods is ridiculous. That's something that definitely qualifies as anthropomorphism, as I had said before but you likely didn't notice.

Non sequitur:

Bert Number 49 wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #123 - May 30th, 2016 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 1:17pm:
I say that even if you admit the existence of a god, something I personally do not, the idea that that god could have moods is ridiculous. That's something that definitely qualifies as anthropomorphism, as I had said before but you likely didn't notice.

Wrath is simply another word for judgement.  God having emotions, yes.  You see, he came to earth as Christ who experienced all of our emotions without sinning.  So yes, God has emotions in the sense that he dwelt among us in the flesh.  So it's a bit naive for someone to say God does not understand us.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #124 - May 31st, 2016 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 10:57am:

I'll answer for him, so we can move along.

Bowhunter was making the point that 'wrath' would suggest an imperfection in the person feeling it (arguable) and that therefore, if God were wrathful, He would be imperfect, which rather cuts in to one of the generally held assumptions about Him, which is that He is perfect.

Human judges - and I have met quite a few - are not held by the general population to be perfect, so the same standard does not apply.

Some judges do hold themselves to be perfect, however, one in particular that I have had dealings with had a personal smugness zone extending some 50 feet from his actual body.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #125 - May 31st, 2016 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 10:27am:
I'll answer for him, so we can move along.

Bowhunter was making the point that 'wrath' would suggest an imperfection in the person feeling it (arguable) and that therefore, if God were wrathful, He would be imperfect, which rather cuts in to one of the generally held assumptions about Him, which is that He is perfect.

Human judges - and I have met quite a few - are not held by the general population to be perfect, so the same standard does not apply.

Some judges do hold themselves to be perfect, however, one in particular that I have had dealings with had a personal smugness zone extending some 50 feet from his actual body.

So a rapist should be able to talk his way out of the wrath of the law?  A murderer of a child should be able to draw on his past good deeds to avoid justice?  Wrath is just another way to describe justice being carried.  The full wrath of the law was felt.  If God is a just God then his law must be enforced or he can never be seen as just.  What good is a law without penalty?  How can we call a judge just if there is never justice for the victims?

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #126 - May 31st, 2016 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Seawolf,  mate, I don't necessarily agree with Bowhunter but you misunderstood his point and now you're misunderstanding my explanation of it.

I suspect you just skimmed over both, as they do have some "red rag" phrases and that may have channelled you a bit.

Read them (or either) again, honestly,  neither of us are saying what you think we are.

And I am only trying to clarify what he is saying!!!

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #127 - May 31st, 2016 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
... And "wrath" is a synonym for "anger", not " justice ".

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #128 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 6:25am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 11:23pm:
... And "wrath" is a synonym for "anger", not " justice ".

Full Definition of wrath
:
  strong vengeful anger or indignation

:
  retributory punishment for an offense or a crime
:
  divine chastisement

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #129 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 6:27am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 11:22pm:
Seawolf,  mate, I don't necessarily agree with Bowhunter but you misunderstood his point and now you're misunderstanding my explanation of it.

I suspect you just skimmed over both, as they do have some "red rag" phrases and that may have channelled you a bit.

Read them (or either) again, honestly,  neither of us are saying what you think we are.

And I am only trying to clarify what he is saying!!!

I have already stated God has shown emotions.  It seems to slip your mind that it was God in the form of flesh, manifested in Jesus Christ.  Jesus had emotions, thus God.  The shortest verse in the Bible is "Jesus wept".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Are You A Good Person?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog