Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Mortgage rates REAL low. Anybody gonna get some of that?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Mortgage rates REAL low. Anybody gonna get some of that? (Read 3,476 times)
Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Mortgage rates REAL low. Anybody gonna get some of that?
Apr 14th, 2016 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The market composite index — a measure of total loan application volume – jumped 10 percent from the previous week. The refinance index climbed 11 percent, while the purchase index grew 8 percent, its highest level since October.

The refinance share of mortgage activity accounted for 54.9 percent of all applications.

“Helped by a persistently strong job market and low rates, applications for both conventional and government home purchase loans increased last week,” Mike Fratantoni, MBA’s chief economist, said in a statement. “The purchase index was at its second-highest level since May 2010.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/where-we-live/wp/2016/04/14/mortgage-rates-h...

Anybody gonna get some of this?  I got mine... get yours...

Greg

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Elmer Fudd
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: Mortgage rates REAL low. Anybody gonna get some of that?
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 12:37pm:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/where-we-live/wp/2016/04/14/mortgage-rates-h...

Anybody gonna get some of this?  I got mine... get yours...

Greg

Dang.  Almost makes me wish I had some debt I could refinance.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
The banks are able to get the loans for basically zero percent. We are their arbitrage opportunity, in essence.

What could go wrong? It's not like housing could go into a bubble or anything, and all the To Big To Fail Banks are now tiny and impotent. Cry

BowHunter wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 5:08pm:
I am no longer indulging assholes.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:59pm:
The banks are able to get the loans for basically zero percent. We are their arbitrage opportunity, in essence.

What could go wrong? It's not like housing could go into a bubble or anything, and all the To Big To Fail Banks are now tiny and impotent. Cry

As long as I "get" mine, who cares about anyone else?

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:09pm:
As long as I "get" mine, who cares about anyone else?

I got my home refinanced as a way lower rate.  If it's there, I'd have to say "get yours" (with all respect of course!).

Greg Smiley

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:16pm:
I got my home refinanced as a way lower rate.  If it's there, I'd have to say "get yours" (with all respect of course!).

Greg Smiley

uh huh

And no thoughts as to what the broader social implications are that follow this policy?

Irrelevant, right?

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:40pm:
uh huh

And no thoughts as to what the broader social implications are that follow this policy?

Irrelevant, right?

Right now.  Right.  Of course, I wasn't thinking about the broader social implications my own self when I was laid off from my job some years back and unemployment was running out.  At that time, I was focused on my own personal implications. 

Things have changed. 

Granted, I'm not an economist nor a student of economies of scale, but, I know when things are bad (as they have been periodically in my life) and I know when things get good "get yours".

Greg

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:50pm:
Right now.  Right.  Of course, I wasn't thinking about the broader social implications my own self when I was laid off from my job some years back and unemployment was running out.  At that time, I was focused on my own personal implications. 

Things have changed. 

Granted, I'm not an economist nor a student of economies of scale, but, I know when things are bad (as they have been periodically in my life) and I know when things get good "get yours".

Greg

Yea but that really doesn't address the point I am making...

We're talking about social policy and in the context it is important to take a view that goes beyond our own narrow situation.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #8 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:51pm:

We're talking about social policy and in the context it is important to take a view that goes beyond our own narrow situation.

I get that TL.  However, my sainted grandmother, a strong woman that survived the Depression after losing her husband and taking care of 6 sons, told me over her kitchen table back in 1976 "Make hay while de sun shines".  I've always taken that to heart.

Greg

IP Logged

Elmer Fudd
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:51pm:

Social policy?

What's happening is competition means banks loan as cheaply as possible to their customers, considering the cost of money, the cost of doing business, and the creditworthiness of the customer. 

You are the last person I would have thought would bring up "social policy."

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Mortgage rates REAL low. Anybody gonna get some of that?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog