Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Some suggestions on how to respond to the religion haters.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Some suggestions on how to respond to the religion haters. (Read 2,406 times)
MikeGlosterIII
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Some suggestions on how to respond to the religion haters.
Apr 22nd, 2016 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
http://www.christianheadlines.com/columnists/denison-forum/how-should-christians...

"The spirit in which we respond to critics can be more important than what we say to them."

The beatitude about suffering for His sake had to have been read by me dozens of times, but it never made the journey from my intellect to my gut before today. I guess this is why none of us will ever live long enough to plumb the depths of God's Word.

Let a man meet a she-bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly. Proverbs 17:12 (ESV)

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Re: Some suggestions on how to respond to the religion haters.
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
MikeGlosterIII wrote on Apr 22nd, 2016 at 3:34pm:
http://www.christianheadlines.com/columnists/denison-forum/how-should-christians...

"The spirit in which we respond to critics can be more important than what we say to them."

The beatitude about suffering for His sake had to have been read by me dozens of times, but it never made the journey from my intellect to my gut before today. I guess this is why none of us will ever live long enough to plumb the depths of God's Word.

Sadly, as always it has to come from the Word of Man.  God didn't convince you to be more Christlike.  Some dude made a persuasive argument to convince you.  Just like some dude made a persuasive argument to convince you to become a Christian in the first place.

Because behind the curtain is always some dude.

Queshank

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.

Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

IP Logged

MikeGlosterIII
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Apr 22nd, 2016 at 6:36pm:
Sadly, as always it has to come from the Word of Man.  God didn't convince you to be more Christlike.  Some dude made a persuasive argument to convince you.  Just like some dude made a persuasive argument to convince you to become a Christian in the first place.

Because behind the curtain is always some dude.

Queshank

Just curious, as I have never observed The Wiz' behind the curtain, can you be fifty-one percent sure that The Holy Spirit does not exist, and cannot, therefore, have motivated said dude , behind or outside the curtain ?
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2016 at 11:25pm by MikeGlosterIII »  

Let a man meet a she-bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly. Proverbs 17:12 (ESV)

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 8:45am
Print Post  
The persecution complex of the Christians in this country is appalling. You have all the wealth, you have the best representation in all the political units and yet somehow you feel like you're a small oppressed minority. Wow! talk about paranoia! And then you wonder why you're made fun of?  Roll Eyes

Non sequitur:

Do You Eat Carrots wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 11:56am
Print Post  
MikeGlosterIII wrote on Apr 22nd, 2016 at 9:22pm:
Just curious, as I have never observed The Wiz' behind the curtain, can you be fifty-one percent sure that The Holy Spirit does not exist, and cannot, therefore, have motivated said dude , behind or outside the curtain ?

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -- Susan B Anthony

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me ... where does the shame lie when humanity is fooled hundreds of times?  God for being so hard to spot among the charlatans?

Which dude behind the curtain are we supposed to assume is motivated by the Holy Spirit?  And what happens if said dude behind the curtain doesn't belong to the Christian religion at all but rather the Muslim or the Jewish or Mormon religion?  Or Hinduism or Buddhism?  And why is it always so much a circumstance of birth who the man behind the curtain is ... rabbi...imam...preacher or reverend?

Why does Christianity never spring up out of the blue somewhere without active attempts by men at conversion in that area first?   Why is Christianity still... 2000 years later ... only widespread and prevalent in realms and descendants of realms where it was imposed by force of law on the citizenry?  The Holy Spirit?  Or men?

Queshank

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.

Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - May 5th, 2016 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
How does one respond?  Just let them know we all get our answers in the end.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - May 7th, 2016 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 5th, 2016 at 11:19pm:
How does one respond?  Just let them know we all get our answers in the end.

Sure, why risk a brain hernia trying to find a sensible response? Roll Eyes

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - May 7th, 2016 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on May 7th, 2016 at 1:05pm:
Sure, why risk a brain hernia trying to find a sensible response? Roll Eyes

I think I have given quite a few response MO.  Now, you don't like them but tough.  Nothing false or wrong with the solution that you WILL get your answers in the end.  It's as if you are terrified of that remark and you should be because there are no second chances after this life.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - May 8th, 2016 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 7th, 2016 at 9:24pm:
I think I have given quite a few response MO.  Now, you don't like them but tough.  Nothing false or wrong with the solution that you WILL get your answers in the end.  It's as if you are terrified of that remark and you should be because there are no second chances after this life.

Sure I am terrified, that's why I am going to convert momentarily.  Grin

Aren't you tired of always repeating the same bull?

Do you have any idea of the number of times you've said that to me already?

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - May 9th, 2016 at 7:19am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on May 8th, 2016 at 1:38pm:
Sure I am terrified, that's why I am going to convert momentarily.  Grin

Aren't you tired of always repeating the same bull?

Do you have any idea of the number of times you've said that to me already?

Yes, because you are first of all, on a religion forum and often you are guilty of going down this road.  It's your soul MO, not mine that has to give an account to God.  You are rejecting him and thus you will answer to him.  Going back to your remark, we get our answers in the end.  Afterall, this is PRECISELY what all of this discussion is ultimately about, the end of our natural life and what lies on the other side.  You are claiming nothing is going to happen upon our death, that we simply cease existence.  I am stating that this is just a snapshot of God's eternity and that after this life we are then facing his eternal judgement or forgiveness based on our decision during this life.  That leads to the ultimate conclusion that we get our answers after death.  One of us is wrong.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Some suggestions on how to respond to the religion haters.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog