Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Evolving views of millenials.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Evolving views of millenials. (Read 1,002 times)
MikeGlosterIII
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Evolving views of millenials.
May 17th, 2016 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Having read several of his blog posts on this site, which is dedicated to the relationship of faith and science ,this writer raises all kinds of interesting points. In this one, he explains what, as a millenial ,from an evangelical background, how he and many of his peers have evolved, out of traditional faith. My question is , can his "evolved" views draw lost souls and disciple same in a post modern world.? Though I find him sincere and thoughtful, I believe in the end, he is heading down a dead end road.

His view on his generation's views are an example of the failure of his views, or so I believe.

http://biologos.org/blogs/brad-kramer-the-evolving-evangelical/whats-an-evolving...

"Many are leaving church—not because they are atheists and pagans, but because their churches are answering questions they aren’t asking, and they are asking questions the church isn’t answering. "

"Studies of the religious beliefs of millennials universally find that we are still open to faith, but burnt out on church."

Let a man meet a she-bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly. Proverbs 17:12 (ESV)

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Re: Evolving views of millenials.
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:12am
Print Post  
He does not clarify what is evolving.  I am all for going to seminary school but do not view it a necessity to learn God's word.  Sometimes I fear that it is easy to get lost in the theology rather then the doctrine of Jesus Christ.  Theology is debated, discussed, researched and written on but seldom is God's word put into practise.  God's message does not need a degree nor a piece of paper to reach the lost.  Christ gives us all the tools we need to reach souls.  We have prayer, the Holy Spirit and God's word to equip all of us, not just evangelicals.  Anyone who professes the name of Jesus has been commisioned by Christ himself to proclaim his gospel.  It is not an option, it is commanded to all who profess his name to share his word.  Just my thoughts on this.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2016 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Ezekial 3:18-19 is an eye opener!

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

MikeGlosterIII
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2016 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 21st, 2016 at 10:45am:
Ezekiel 3:18-19 is an eye opener!

18 If I warn the wicked, saying, ‘You are under the penalty of death,’ but you fail to deliver the warning, they will die in their sins. And I will hold you responsible for their deaths. 19 If you warn them and they refuse to repent and keep on sinning, they will die in their sins. But you will have saved yourself because you obeyed me. Ezekiel 3 :18-19 *NLT)

Let a man meet a she-bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly. Proverbs 17:12 (ESV)

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #4 - May 25th, 2016 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
That kid isn't saying anything, other than the old 'we gotta change' nonsense everyone has heard 10,000 times, and he doesn't even make an argument as to what the changes should be, or why we should change...we just gotta change!!!

One thing I know is this, the people around me who do not go to church are generally not going because:

1.  They simply do not see how Christianity is true

2.  They are very content with their lives, and do not see the need for Christianity...as a secular friend told me the other day, its all about being a 'good person' and not being 'too extreme.'

3.  Really this is just an extension of 3, but I would say these people believe they are 'good people' and thus do not need church.

As to this last, Christians themselves are in part responsible for spreading the view that Christianity is about morality, and thus people who do not go about committing major sins, and thus consider themselves moral, do not see the need for church.

In the meantime, it seems many churches are just focused on rearranging the scenery of worship, i.e., changing the music, making church 'cool', etc.  Funny thing, I never heard anyone who did not go to church say they did not go because the music or the preacher 'weren't cool enough.'  Churches need to get back to the essentials.

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2016 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 5:13pm:
That kid isn't saying anything, other than the old 'we gotta change' nonsense everyone has heard 10,000 times, and he doesn't even make an argument as to what the changes should be, or why we should change...we just gotta change!!!

One thing I know is this, the people around me who do not go to church are generally not going because:

1.  They simply do not see how Christianity is true

2.  They are very content with their lives, and do not see the need for Christianity...as a secular friend told me the other day, its all about being a 'good person' and not being 'too extreme.'

3.  Really this is just an extension of 3, but I would say these people believe they are 'good people' and thus do not need church.

As to this last, Christians themselves are in part responsible for spreading the view that Christianity is about morality, and thus people who do not go about committing major sins, and thus consider themselves moral, do not see the need for church.

In the meantime, it seems many churches are just focused on rearranging the scenery of worship, i.e., changing the music, making church 'cool', etc.  Funny thing, I never heard anyone who did not go to church say they did not go because the music or the preacher 'weren't cool enough.'  Churches need to get back to the essentials.

And therein lies the real problem that this secularist touched on that so many, many people fail to realize.  The Bible clearly shows us we are NOT good.  IN fact God says "NO ONE SEARCHES FOR HIM."  He also says who can know the hearts for it is deceitfully WICKED.  The issue is we think we are good but when we are measured by God's standards we are not.  Here is what I mean.  Have you EVER told a lie?  Ever stolen ANYTHING?  Ever used God's name in vain?  Ever looked at a woman with lust?  Jesus said it is adultery.  Ever hated someone?  Jesus says if you have hated someone you have commited murder in your heart.

What so many people are failing to grasp, because of our "modern" church is that according to God's standards we are not good people and thus are destined for his judgement.  You are right, churches need to get back to the essentials, like sharing the gospel as Jesus did.  If you want to know how it is done, you read how Jesus ministered to the lost and he ALWAYS used God's law to reveal sin before asking someone to repent.  I am sadden how we have watered down God's word to the point that people think it is shallow and ineffective when it's the teaching of man that is clouding God's word.  You can not simply ask someone to repent when they have no idea what they should repent of.  In their mind they are a good person and good people don't need God.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2016 at 4:37pm by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Evolving views of millenials.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog