Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Coming here soon !
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Coming here soon ! (Read 6,424 times)
MikeGlosterIII
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Coming here soon !
Jun 2nd, 2016 at 9:12pm
Print Post  

Let a man meet a she-bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly. Proverbs 17:12 (ESV)

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: Coming here soon !
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 11:48am
Print Post  
MikeGlosterIII wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 9:12pm:

Sad but probably an improvement overall.

Sitting here in the sunshine,  watching my kids play in a field full of buttercups,  it's hard to feel this country is anything but a good place.

Possibly the Church is analogous to a school friend you've grown apart from.  Not in a bad way, just that the bond is broken and, with no hard feelings,  you just don't have much in common any more.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2016 at 11:18am
Print Post  
MikeGlosterIII wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 9:12pm:

The near future will be interesting to say the least.  The secular humanist are not simply nonChristian, they are vehemently anti-Christian and hostile to the Christian worldview.  Ironically their prodigy will probably have to submit to Sharia Law.  They make concessions with false religions like Islam.
Heck, even this atheist satirist that often bashes Christianity gets it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyDfL7E1toI

« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2016 at 6:14pm by fair-minded know it all »  

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2016 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Jun 6th, 2016 at 11:18am:
The near future will be interesting to say the least.  The secular humanist at not simply nonChristian, they are vehemently anti-Christian and hostile to the Christian worldview. 

I am a secular humanist and this is not true of me.

Nor is it true of anyone I know, and many of my friends and colleagues are also entirely non-religious.

Quote:
Ironically their prodigy will probably have to submit to Sharia Law.  They make concessions with false religions like Islam.

I assume that you mean "progeny"?

It always amuses me that guys like you can, in all seriousness, call one religion "false" and another "true".
You must realise,  intellectually,  that to an outsider there is absolutely nothing-zero, nil, nothing- to give Christianity merit over Islam? Yes?

Now, tell me how I in England will be seeing my kids* submit to Sharia law.

I await with interest. Go ahead.

* unless you really did mean "prodigy"

I don't have a prodigy.  I have a copy of the Prodigy's 1997 album "the Fat of the Land".

Nice little pop group.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2016 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Jun 6th, 2016 at 4:10pm:
I am a secular humanist and this is not true of me.

Nor is it true of anyone I know, and many of my friends and colleagues are also entirely non-religious.

Sure it is. They try to convince themselves they are simply anti-religious or anti-supernatural. In truth it's the Christian worldview that they try to repress.. That's because deep down they try to repress the truth.  Reality scares them.  The real God that will ultimately judge them.

Quote:
I assume that you mean "progeny"?

Yes, thanks for the correction.

Quote:
It always amuses me that guys like you can, in all seriousness, call one religion "false" and another "true".
You must realise,  intellectually,  that to an outsider there is absolutely nothing-zero, nil, nothing- to give Christianity merit over Islam? Yes?

What do you mean by merit?  A better moral/behavioral code? More historical proof concerning it's claim? A better track record for society's that believe or are influenced by one or the other?
Most people that pretend to reject Christianity because of their "intellectual" objections are usually lazy minded people that parrot what their favorite pundit espouses.

Quote:
Now, tell me how I in England will be seeing my kids* submit to Sharia law.

I await with interest. Go ahead.

By progeny I'm talking a couple of generations at the most.
Why will they be under Sharia Law?  The answer is simple.  Secular Humanist don't reproduce much anymore. Birthrates and the desire to have children keeps falling.  Islam in Europe have no such qualms.  The more children the merrier in their view.
Quote:
"We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe - without swords, without guns, without conquests. The fifty million Muslims of Europe will turn it
into a Muslim continent within a few decades." from the Middle East Media Research Institute."

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Jun 6th, 2016 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Jun 6th, 2016 at 8:14pm:
Sure it is. They try to convince themselves they are simply anti-religious or anti-supernatural.

Who,  exactly,  is "they"? Or possibly, who, exactly,  are "they"?

No secular (I.e. non religious people) humanists (I.e. people who put human values above scripture) are out to get you. Nor out to allow Islamism. Regardless of breeding rates.

I think you are getting in to hysterical territory

Quote:
What do you mean by merit?  A better moral/behavioral code? More historical proof concerning it's claim? A better track record for society's that believe or are influenced by one or the other?

Simply believability.  Neither faith has any greater claim than the other (nor than any religion)  to truth.
You just choose which to believe and then defend it, laughably,  against the others.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Jun 6th, 2016 at 9:54pm:
Regardless of breeding rates.

I think you are getting in to hysterical territory

I hope you're right, but I know you're wrong. The math doesn't lie.

Quote:
Simply believability.  Neither faith has any greater claim than the other (nor than any religion)  to truth.
You just choose which to believe and then defend it, laughably,  against the others.

Grandiose statement, but simply foolish and ignorant.  You're not completely at fault.  Pundits, schools, textbooks have kept regurgitating 19th century "science" which has been thoroughly disproven by advances in paleontology, genetics, philosophy, archeology and other sciences.   Most people, like yourself have done no research of their own but simply repeat the diatribes that are popular today.  Simply giggling and calling Christianity laughable betrays a lack of critical thinking.  Take some time to actually review the facts. The stakes are to high too willfully remain in ignorance.

IP Logged

MikeGlosterIII
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Jun 7th, 2016 at 3:01pm:

Grandiose statement, but simply foolish and ignorant.  You're not completely at fault.  Pundits, schools, textbooks have kept regurgitating 19th century "science" which has been thoroughly disproven by advances in paleontology, genetics, philosophy, archeology and other sciences.   Most people, like yourself have done no research of their own but simply repeat the diatribes that are popular today.  Simply giggling and calling Christianity laughable betrays a lack of critical thinking.  Take some time to actually review the facts. The stakes are to high too willfully remain in ignorance.

Bahnsen was one of the mot brilliant spokesmen for Christianity. Even when I do not agree with him, he makes me think and re-think. He was a pupil of and follower of Cornelius Van Til, and his presuppositional apologetics; and he wrote the best book about his teacher, to which I constantly refer back . One cannot help just wondering what he may have accomplished, had he not died so young.

Let a man meet a she-bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly. Proverbs 17:12 (ESV)

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #8 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Yep he was a brilliant thinker and a great debater.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 6:12am
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Jun 7th, 2016 at 3:01pm:

Where there is an increase in education and wealth, there tends to be a decrease in religious behaviour. That is broadly what has happened to the Church in England over, what, the last 100 years or so.

Probably the children of religious immigrant parents will continue this trend. You can be born in to a Christian family, or a Muslim one, that doesn't necessarily make you that religion.

Also, birth rates tend to decline as economic status rises. So, here, yes, first and second generation Bangladeshi and Pakistani immigrants tend to have larger families. The third generation, the ones I see in the pub, are all bloody lawyers and accountants and not only less religious but less fecund.

Quote:

What are you talking about?

Every single argument - every one - in support of faith is simply rearranging the same argument which is 'I believe it'.

No science, no archæology, no paleontology, no genetics has made an argument for the existence of a God as yet.

The starting point for belief is belief, not proof. All the remarkable writers who have argued for God have produced nothing - nothing at all - except variations on the theme 'I believe'. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Coming here soon !

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog