Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › What thinkest thou, was God transgender ?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What thinkest thou, was God transgender ? (Read 3,761 times)
BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: What thinkest thou, was God transgender ?
Reply #40 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 12:44pm:
The Bible instructed the Israelites to use running water to clean their hands, we did not realize this till the 1800's after doctors infected countless patients, the bible discusses how to get rid of waste, isolating those with infectious diseases, talked about under water streams feeding the ocean.  Those do not seem like myths to me and was taught to the Israelites thousands of years before we discovered the facts.

They had running water in biblical time? You're sure of that? Grin

But seriously, animals wash themselves and that means mankind did too, millions of years before the bible. Roll Eyes

Non sequitur:

Rodney Your Teas Ready wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #41 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 2:53pm:
They had running water in biblical time? You're sure of that? Grin

But seriously, animals wash themselves and that means ma6nkind did too, millions of years before the bible. Roll Eyes

Yes, running water simply means not standing water like a bowl.  pouring water over your hands is running water, in streams...  Surgeons washed their hands before our knowledge of spreading infection in bowls of standing water.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #42 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 3:34pm:
Yes, running water simply means not standing water like a bowl.  pouring water over your hands is running water, in streams...  Surgeons washed their hands before our knowledge of spreading infection in bowls of standing water.

I notice that you only responded to my joke not to the serious comment that followed, IE that animals wash themselves and prehistoric man did too, with all sorts of waters, including "running" ones. The bible had nothing with it.

And "round" doesn't describe the shape of the earth. It more accurately describes the shape of a pillbox or a donut.

You didn't respond to that either...

Smart... Roll Eyes

Non sequitur:

Rodney Your Teas Ready wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #43 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
I did and pre-historic man means evolution which has not been proven.  You also ignored my point that doctors were using basins of standing water to clean their hands until the 1800s, thus infecting their patients.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #44 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 3rd, 2017 at 1:42pm:
You also ignored my point that doctors were using basins of standing water to clean their hands until the 1800s, thus infecting their patients.

There is zero evidence that early Christians had knowledge of 19th century medicine lest modern medicine.

In fact the bible instructs the believer to reject a physician's medicine and depend on faith.

And in the thirty-ninth year of his reign, Asa became diseased in his feet, and his malady was severe; yet in his disease he did not seek the Lord, but the physicians.
-Two Chronicles 16:12

Not only was there no understanding of the cause of disease.. Early Christian writings claim that disease was believed to be caused by demons.

It is demons which produce famine, unfruitfulness, corruptions of the air, pestilences; they hover concealed in the clouds in the lower atmosphere, and are attracted by the blood and incense which the heathen offer to them as gods.

-Contra Celsum 8:31

All diseases of Christians are to be ascribed to these demons; chiefly do they torment fresh-baptized Christians, yea, even the guiltless newborn infants
-St. Augustine

Christianity is somewhat unique in it's rejection of science and medicine. No better example is the smallpox outbreak in 18th century Europe.  Christians campaigned relentlessly against the new practice of inoculation saying that disease was God's right.

Sermon Against the Dangerous and Sinful Practice OF Inoculation
-Edmund Massey

The notion that the bible contains any science beyond common sense is simply ludicrous .. It is a delusion that can only be found in those afflicted with blind faith.

« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2017 at 10:19am by Fiddler »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #45 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 7:42am:
Medical Evidence

In numerous instances the Bible contains medical information that far predates man’s actual discoveries of related principles in the field of medicine. The medical instructions given by Moses to the Israelites some 3500 years ago were not only far superior to the practices of contemporary cultures, they also exceeded medical standards practiced as recently as 100 years ago. Where did Moses get this advanced information? Following are some examples of the medical knowledge afforded the Israelites in biblical times:

Sanitary Practices

For centuries doctors denied the possibility that disease could be transmitted by invisible agents. However, in the late 19th century Louis Pasteur demonstrated in his Germ Theory of Disease that most infectious diseases were caused by microorganisms originating from outside the body. This new understanding of germs and their means of transmission led to improved sanitary standards that resulted in an enormous drop in the mortality rate. Yet these core principles of sanitation were being practiced by the Israelites thousands of years earlier.

The Israelites were instructed to wash themselves and their clothes in running water if they had a bodily discharge, if they came in contact with another person’s discharge, or if they had touched a dead human or animal carcass. They were also instructed to wash any uncovered vessels that were in the vicinity of a dead body, and if a dead carcass touched a vessel it was to be destroyed. Items recovered during war were also to be purified through either fire or running water. In addition, the Israelites were instructed to bury their human waste outside of camp, and to burn the waste of their animals (See Numbers 19:3-22, Lev. 11:1-47; 15:1-33, Deut 23:12).

These sanitary practices without question saved countless lives in the Israelite camps by protecting them against infection caused by unseen germs. Meanwhile, their Egyptian peers were dying by the thousands due to “remedies” that almost always consisted of some amount of human or animal dung1. As mentioned earlier, the sound sanitary practices that we take for granted today only began to flourish about a 100 years ago.

Bacteria

Some time after I wrote these web pages, a Bible skeptic unwittingly showed me yet another example of advanced scientific/medical knowledge in the Bible. He posted a message on a discussion board that ridiculed some verses in Leviticus 13 and 14 that mention leprosy on walls and on garments. He felt this was silly and an error since leprosy is a human disease. What this skeptic was unaware of is the fact that leprosy is a bacteria, a living organism, that certainly can survive on walls and garments! In fact, the Medic-Planet.com encyclopedia noted that leprosy “can survive three weeks or longer outside the human body, such as in dust or on clothing“2. It is no wonder that God commanded the Levitical priests to burn the garments of leprosy victims! (Leviticus 13:52)

Laws of Quarantine

In the same Med-Planet encyclopedia cited above we read that “It was not until 1873 that leprosy could be shown to be infectious rather than hereditary.“2 Of course God knew this all along, as His laws to Moses reveal (Leviticus 13, 14, 22, Numbers 19:20). His instructions regarding quarantine to prevent the spread of leprosy and other infectious diseases are nothing short of remarkable, considering that this life-saving practice was several thousand years ahead of its time. Infected persons were instructed to isolate themselves outside the camp until healed, and were to shave and wash thoroughly. The priests that administered care were instructed to change their clothes and wash thoroughly after inspecting a plague victim.

It should be re-emphasized that the Israelites were the only culture to practice quarantine until the last century, when medical advances finally demonstrated the importance of sanitation and isolation during plagues. The devastating black plague of the 14th century that claimed millions of lives was not broken until the church fathers in Vienna began encouraging the public to start following the guidelines as set forth in the Bible. The promising results in Vienna compelled other cities to follow suit, and the dreaded plague was finally eradicated3.

The First Antiseptic

Hyssop oil was charged by God to Moses to be used as a purifying agent. Hyssop oil has been shown to contain 50% antifungal and antibacterial agents (Numbers 19:18, Psalm 51:7).

Circumcision and Blood Clotting

For centuries scholars must have been perplexed by God’s law of circumcision which required the procedure to be performed on the 8th day after birth (Gen 17:12, 21:14, Lev 12:3, Luke 2:21). Medical researchers recently discovered that the two main blood clotting factors, Vitamin K and Prothrombim, reach their highest level in life, about 110% of normal, on the 8th day after birth. These blood clotting agents facilitate rapid healing and greatly reduce the chance of infection. You can verify with any Obstetrician that the 8th day of life is the ideal time for a circumcision, and that any circumcision done earlier requires an injection of Vitamin K supplement.

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome

The earliest recorded observation of the link between alcohol use and...

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #46 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
The above were standards Moses passed down to his people.  In fact, I am on my second reading of the bible through, but this time chronological and I just read about washing using running water, properly disposing waste, quaratine of people with communicable diseases...  So it's all there as I have linked, so your claim of zero evidence run contrary to scriptures I have read.  Verses are noted in my above reposting of an earlier remark.  Contra Celsum is not scriptural nor is St. Augustine.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2017 at 4:44pm by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

you wait.

Reply #47 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 6th, 2017 at 4:39pm:
In fact, I am on my second reading of the bible through, but this time chronological and I just read about washing using running water, properly disposing waste, quaratine of people with communicable diseases... 

American Indian, Chinese, Australian Aborigines all had the same practices..   

Common sense and hard learned lessons are no more 'science' than they are the products of religion..  ..   

Seawolf wrote on Apr 6th, 2017 at 4:39pm:
Contra Celsum is not scriptural nor is St. Augustine.

They are absolutely historical and indicative of Early Christian practices and beliefs.
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2017 at 12:20pm by Fiddler »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #48 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 10th, 2017 at 11:11am:
American Indian, Chinese, Australian Aborigines all had the same practices..   

Common sense and hard learned lessons are no more 'science' than they are the products of religion..  ..   

They are absolutely historical and indicative of Early Christian practices and beliefs.

Again, not even remotely related to Biblical history of the New Testament.  Too much of a reach.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

you wait.

Reply #49 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 10th, 2017 at 10:25pm:
Again, not even remotely related to Biblical history of the New Testament.  Too much of a reach.

Why won't you be specific?

Let's drop the very real written contributions from St Augustine and Contra Celsum (you should never quote Josephus if I can't quote those sources..) ..   

How is that American Indian, Chinese and Australian Aborigines (and others) knew about washing using running water, properly disposing waste and to quarantine people with communicable diseases.?.

The answer is that those practices are thousands of years older than the biblical record indicates.  There is written and archeological evidence of successful brain surgery thousands of years before Moses..  Greek mathematician Eratosthenes calculated the circumstance of the Earth centuries before the birth of Jesus.. Neanderthals buried their dead.

The things you think are revealed "science" in the bible are nothing more than common sense and hard learned lessons.. It's simply foolish to try and defend so called examples 'modern science' in the bible..

« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:26pm by Fiddler »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › What thinkest thou, was God transgender ?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog