Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › What thinkest thou, was God transgender ?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What thinkest thou, was God transgender ? (Read 4,470 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: What thinkest thou, was God transgender ?
Reply #50 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 11:16am:
Why won't you be specific?

Let's drop the very real written contributions from St Augustine and Contra Celsum (you should never quote Josephus if I can't quote those sources..) ..   

How is that American Indian, Chinese and Australian Aborigines (and others) knew about washing using running water, properly disposing waste and to quarantine people with communicable diseases.?.

The answer is that those practices are thousands of years older than the biblical record indicates.  There is written and archeological evidence of successful brain surgery thousands of years before Moses..  Greek mathematician Eratosthenes calculated the circumstance of the Earth centuries before the birth of Jesus.. Neanderthals buried their dead.

The things you think are revealed "science" in the bible are nothing more than common sense and hard learned lessons.. It's simply foolish to try and defend so called 'modern science' in the bible..  .

Common sense!?  Apparently we lacked any of this up until the 1800s what the Bible revealed and you called common sense.

Nothing foolish about scripture.  It's history, that many mocked, has revealed through time it's accuracy.  Archeology has proven over time tribes, nations and people that were only contained in Biblical history.  By the way, I quoted Josephus because he is a historian outside of scripture that has validated the existence of Jesus Christ.  You quoted beliefs of two individuals that are not supported in scripture.  Because they believe it does not in any way discredit scripture since it was never mentioned in the Bible.  I call that an overreach.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:36pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #51 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:27pm:
Common sense!?  Apparently we lacked any of this up until the 1800s what the Bible revealed and you called common sense.

What?  That's why I asked you to be specific.  I've already shown you that everything you mentioned is far older than the biblical reference. 

What specifically did we lack up until the 1800s? ..

Nothing foolish about scripture.  It's history, that many mocked, has revealed through time it's accuracy.  Archeology has proven over time tribes, nations and people that were only contained in Biblical history.

Not many doubt the locations and certain events in the bible.. However there are items that are completely fabricated.  The Exodus of the Israelites out of Egypt for instance.  Then there are the events that must be taken as true based on faith alone.. e.g. the divinity of Jesus .. the miracles he supposedly brought forth.

Here's the risk you take in attempting to claim that the bible is scientific.. If you want to use 'science' to prove that the bible is true.. you leave it open for science to prove the bible untrue. ..

You.. being a believer are anxious to accept one side of that coin but not the other..

By the way, I quoted Josephus because he is a historian outside of scripture that has validated the existence of Jesus Christ.  You quoted beliefs of two individuals that are not supported in scripture.  Because they believe it does not in any way discredit scripture since it was never mentioned in the Bible.  I call that an overreach.

It appears you belong to a sect that rejects some of the most influential early Christian theologians .. They are as much a respected source for early Christian activities as Jewish historian Josephus..  Are you really unaware of their value?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #52 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 1:50pm:
What?  That's why I asked you to be specific.  I've already shown you that everything you mentioned is far older than the biblical reference. 

What specifically did we lack up until the 1800s? ..

Not many doubt the locations and certain events in the bible.. However there are items that are completely fabricated.  The Exodus of the Israelites out of Egypt for instance.  Then there are the events that must be taken as true based on faith alone.. e.g. the divinity of Jesus .. the miracles he supposedly brought forth.

Here's the risk you take in attempting to claim that the bible is scientific.. If you want to use 'science' to prove that the bible is true.. you leave it open for science to prove the bible untrue. ..

You.. being a believer are anxious to accept one side of that coin but not the other..

It appears you belong to a sect that rejects some of the most influential early Christian theologians .. They are as much a respected source for early Christian activities as Jewish historian Josephus..  Are you really unaware of their value?

Josephus, as you correctly state, was a Jewish historian who did not believe that Christ was the Messiah.  But he does confirm the man, Jesus.  I am quite aware, it is why I mentioned him because he confirms the Christ, he just does not recognize him as the expected Messiah.  If you know Jewish history the were expecting the Messiah to deliver them from the Romans, not to deliver man from sin.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #53 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
What evidence do you have that the Exodus never happened?  Would suggest, if you are interested, Patterns of Evidence, the Exodus.  On NETFLIX.  We do not have the complete history of Egypt, only bits and pieces.  Would also say that the Ipuwer Papyrus is a possible confirmation of the plagues that were described in the Bible.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

you wait.

Reply #54 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 5:39pm:
What evidence do you have that the Exodus never happened? 

Well it's actually the other way round.. .

What evidence do you have that the Exodus happened? 

The onus to provide proof is on the one making the claim.  There's a great deal of speculation but no hard evidence..  In fact very few archeologists/Egyptologists accept a 2nd millennia BCE Hebrew presence in Egypt. 

Seawolf wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 5:39pm:
Would suggest, if you are interested, Patterns of Evidence, the Exodus.  On NETFLIX.  We do not have the complete history of Egypt, only bits and pieces.  Would also say that the Ipuwer Papyrus is a possible confirmation of the plagues that were described in the Bible.

I took a look at Tim Mahoney's site..  First I think it's interesting that he calls his work "Patterns of Evidence" and not "Evidence" .. I'll look for it on Netflix ..

I think the Ipuwer Papyrus needs a little more than a mention of "a river of blood" to be considered evidence..

It still seems like it's Faith not Fact..

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #55 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:24am
Print Post  
It's not just the history of Egypt, if there was no exodus from the slavery of Egypt there can be no nation of Israel, no king David or Saul.  The entire history of Israel originates from their exodus from Egypt.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

you wait.

Reply #56 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:24am:
It's not just the history of Egypt, if there was no exodus from the slavery of Egypt there can be no nation of Israel, no king David or Saul.  The entire history of Israel originates from their exodus from Egypt.

Ahh.. Yea..  That's where 'Faith' comes in .. i.e. belief in a thing for which there is no evidence .. .

Your search for scientific evidence to support biblical people, places and things contradicts 'faith'..

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #57 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:56am:
Ahh.. Yea..  That's where 'Faith' comes in .. i.e. belief in a thing for which there is no evidence .. .

Your search for scientific evidence to support biblical people, places and things contradicts 'faith'..

No evidence of Israel, king David or Saul, but there is ample evidence. contadicts faith, not in the least my friend.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #58 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:56am:

Which speaks greatly regarding your faith in accidental evolution.  You have no real evidence of accidents occurring that created a perfectly balanced world out of nothing.  I simply can not see evidence that from nothing springs life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › What thinkest thou, was God transgender ?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog