Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Where's obama?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Where's obama? (Read 7,018 times)
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Where's obama?
Reply #80 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 5:05am
Print Post  
Garden of Earthly Berts wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 11:07pm:
The president visiting a state ravaged by weather does little to actually help the people and it drains resources from where they need to be. Remember, the feds can't get involved until the governor asks them to. However there is an emotional component to all this and the president should understand that. Obama never got that.  Neither has Hillary. Trump, whether it's genuine or not does. At the very least he sees an opportunity. The people want to see the president engaged. He can't do that on the golf course. He should have gone back to Washington. It would at the very least gave the impression that he cares. When people are desperate they want to know the president cares. Obama is deaf and Hillary is Hillary.

FEMA responded in a timely manner.  That is more than we can say for the response to Katrina.  What would going back to Washington do?

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
The average person is going to starve and die.

Thus has it always been with humanity, before the advent of the Great Society.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #81 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 5:05am:
FEMA responded in a timely manner.  That is more than we can say for the response to Katrina.  What would going back to Washington do?

I didn't say anything about obama going back to Washington early.  My thought was/is that he should have come to B.R. and seen first hand or at least done a flyover like W did.  Possibly made speech of encouragement and hope (at least from the 19th hole).

Oh well.  He got back to Washington and will be here Tuesday,  I guess he has to rest up today from his golf playing and fundraising for hils while on vacation.

Anyone see any "photo-op" pics of Trump visiting here?  I haven't seen any.  Perhaps I missed those, or perhaps there weren't any.  I don't know.

IP Logged

Abe
Ex Member

Reply #82 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 7:22am
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 10:14pm:
Stop crying like a little bitch over stupid crap and you won't be talked down to like you're a child.

Get over it.

Like I said, fcuk you.  Kiss  So tell us.  Why are you on this thread to begin with if as you claim it's trivial and you don't care? Who is the real bitch that's whining over what OTHER people post on a message board?   Grin Grin Grin Grin@YOU!!!

« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2016 at 7:36am by »  

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #83 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 5:05am:

Actually, it was the National Guard not showing up.  That was due to the fact that our dem female gov did not call it up for a disgustingly long time.  The gov has to make that request, and she didn't because she thought it would show weakness,  Nope, it showed stupidity on her part.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #84 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:00pm:
If you would go to the trouble of picking up your remote and changing channels you'd understand why everyone sees you as a bitter nincompoop..

President Obama MADE a statement just ONE DAY after a state flash flood emergency was issued. . .

"This evening, the President spoke with Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards to let him know that his request for an emergency declaration has been granted for the state's flood response and recovery efforts," White House Deputy Press Secretary Jen Friedman said in a statement, adding that "his prayers are with the people of Louisiana, and that his Administration will continue to support the state's ongoing recovery." 

And rather than popping in for a brief photo op a la Trump sure to impress the willfully uninformed, the President on August 14th actually did something to help  ..

The President today declared a major disaster exists in the State of Louisiana and ordered Federal aid to supplement state and local recovery efforts in the area affected by severe storms and flooding beginning on August 11, 2016, and continuing.

The President's action makes federal funding available to affected individuals in the parishes of East Baton Rouge, Livingston, St. Helena, and Tangipahoa.

Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects of the disaster.

Federal funding also is available to the state and eligible local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations on a cost-sharing basis for emergency work as a result of the flooding in the parishes of East Baton Rouge, Livingston, St. Helena, and Tangipahoa.

You might start to realize exactly who is on your side when you stop TRYING to be ungrateful.. ..

Wow, three friggin' days after the flooding began.  Ye gads, it was announced the day after the rains began that a llllooonnnggg list of churches would be closed for Sunday services due to roads closed, some churches flooding, and just plain being a very dangerous ,destructive, and deadly situation. and the President still hadn't called it a State of Emergency.  His golf game must not have been going well, and he had to punish someone other than himself .  He was slow to respond.  Accept it.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

Reply #85 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 8:08am:
Wow, three friggin' days after the flooding began.  Ye gads, it was announced the day after the rains began that a llllooonnnggg list of churches would be closed for Sunday services due to roads closed, some churches flooding, and just plain being a very dangerous ,destructive, and deadly situation. and the President still hadn't called it a State of Emergency.  His golf game must not have been going well, and he had to punish someone other than himself .  He was slow to respond.  Accept it.

you do realize that the state's governor has to request a deceleration before the president, ANY PRESIDENT, can act, right?

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #86 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:48am
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:01pm:
you do realize that the state's governor has to request a deceleration before the president, ANY PRESIDENT, can act, right?

She's an idiot.  She really doesn't care what the President did or didn't do.  It's merely an excuse to make a partisan attack.  There are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize Obama about, this is not one.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #87 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 5:24am
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:01pm:

Okay.  So it's our current dem gov who neglected to make the request, according to you.  The POTUS could have at least offered some verbal support and caring at any time.  Lord knows he has done that in other cases.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #88 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:48am:
She's an idiot.  She really doesn't care what the President did or didn't do.  It's merely an excuse to make a partisan attack.  There are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize Obama about, this is not one.

You seriously have no idea what you're talking about when you make a statement like that.  I live here.  Everyone, no matter what political party, cares about the flood and what's going on or not going on.  This flood has affected 60,000 homes.  You do the math regarding how many people that affects. 

I do find it hard to believe that someone who is not committed to an institution for the intelligent impaired could make a statement like you did.  Disasters aren't political.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #89 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 9:43am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 5:29am:
I didn't say anything about obama going back to Washington early.  My thought was/is that he should have come to B.R. and seen first hand or at least done a flyover like W did.  Possibly made speech of encouragement and hope (at least from the 19th hole).

Oh well.  He got back to Washington and will be here Tuesday,  I guess he has to rest up today from his golf playing and fundraising for hils while on vacation.

Anyone see any "photo-op" pics of Trump visiting here?  I haven't seen any.  Perhaps I missed those, or perhaps there weren't any.  I don't know.

But what good was Bush's fly over when the aid was too slow.  What is better aid or a look and see

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
The average person is going to starve and die.

Thus has it always been with humanity, before the advent of the Great Society.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Where's obama?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules