Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereMilitary Forum, History, Guns, Survival topics › A Funny Thing Happened...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A Funny Thing Happened... (Read 246 times)
Big X
LNF Intern10

I Love Liberty News Forum!

A Funny Thing Happened...
Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Greetings, all!

I'm retired military and a funny thing happened the other day when I picked up one of my prescriptions on base.

The clerk (a volunteer - nice lady) when through all of the steps normally associated with filling prescription. All seemed normal.

Then, just before she handed me my prescription (blood pressure meds) she got kind of embarrased and said, "The Government requires me to ask the following questions. Do you have a job?"

I thought this was kind of strange, but as I have nothing to hide. I said, "Yes".

If this had been all there was, I would have chalked it up to bureaucratic nonsense. The next question, however, took me completely by surprise.

"Are you carrying a concealed weapon?"

Had I been at a civilian pharmacy, out in town, I wouldn't have been so taken aback. But, I was on a military installation where access to firearms is strictly controlled. There are very tight restrictions on the ownership and handling of privately owned firearms on military installations. Had I said, yes, I"m sure the base would have been put on lockdown and security police would have appeared out of nowhere and body-slammed me to the deck!

However, I answered honestly and said, "No". I resisted the urge to ask her if I had "Stupid" written on my forehead - I know better than to carry concealed on any government installation.

And... that was it. She handed me my pills and I was on my way. No explanation. No nothing!

I'm just curious if this is a blanket policy of the military (the USAF in this case) or if there was something about me, personally, that prompted this line of questioning?

I'm also wondering if any other veterans may have had a similar experience.

Finally, I was intrigued that she said the Government, rather than the Air Force required her to ask those questions. I wondered if this might be more of Barrack Hussein Obama's Jihad against gun owners.

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: A Funny Thing Happened...
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Do you know anyone who you might have served with you can ask?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereMilitary Forum, History, Guns, Survival topics › A Funny Thing Happened...
LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog