Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Tim and Eric's Clown Town
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Tim and Eric's Clown Town (Read 450 times)
Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Tim and Eric's Clown Town
Dec 9th, 2016 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Tim and Eric continue to innovate...if you don't like this, Q, I don't know that I can speak to you anymore.

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Tim and Eric's Clown Town
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 6:47am
Print Post  
Sad

I didn't laugh Frank.  I didn't think it was stupid either.  I just didn't think it was that funny.

Too much of Tim & Eric's stuff looks like me rewatching old video tapes of me and a buddy of mine clowning around with the video camera as a new toy my folks got circa 1987.  It doesn't seem innovative or trend setting to me. 

It's "look how ridiculous it looks when you zoom in on someone's face and jiggle the camera around lolz!" 

It's "I'm going to say poop and then replay it at a faster speed so it's a really high voice saying POOP!  OMG THAT'S crappity smackING HILARIOUS DOOD!"

"LOOK HOW crappity smackING FUNNY WE WALK AND LOOK WHEN WE JUST CLICK THE REWIND SCAN BUTTON OMG LOLZ!!1!!1"

I'm an old man frank Sad  My sense of humor has probably deteriorated over time.  I'll give you that.

Queshank

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.

Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #2 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Dec 9th, 2016 at 11:45pm:
Tim and Eric continue to innovate...if you don't like this, Q, I don't know that I can speak to you anymore.

Not their best effort.

But I did like parts. I think the whole thing seems almost a set up for how they're going to discuss educational topics like "divorce" and "the effect of divorce on children".

BowHunter wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 5:08pm:
I am no longer indulging assholes.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 10:06am
Print Post  

Your clown clip led me to their blooper reel. I laughed at quite a bit of this. I like that they couldn't stop laughing at some of the clips I've really enjoyed from them.

The Doctor Wareheim ones (towards the end of the above video) had me rolling. I had never seen those episodes.

BowHunter wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 5:08pm:
I am no longer indulging assholes.

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Dec 12th, 2016 at 10:04am:
Not their best effort.

But I did like parts. I think the whole thing seems almost a set up for how they're going to discuss educational topics like "divorce" and "the effect of divorce on children".

Everyone goes to hear clowns talk about the effects of divorce on children.   Grin

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Dec 12th, 2016 at 6:47am:
Sad

I didn't laugh Frank.  I didn't think it was stupid either.  I just didn't think it was that funny.

Too much of Tim & Eric's stuff looks like me rewatching old video tapes of me and a buddy of mine clowning around with the video camera as a new toy my folks got circa 1987.  It doesn't seem innovative or trend setting to me. 

It's "look how ridiculous it looks when you zoom in on someone's face and jiggle the camera around lolz!" 

It's "I'm going to say poop and then replay it at a faster speed so it's a really high voice saying POOP!  OMG THAT'S crappity smackING HILARIOUS DOOD!"

"LOOK HOW crappity smackING FUNNY WE WALK AND LOOK WHEN WE JUST CLICK THE REWIND SCAN BUTTON OMG LOLZ!!1!!1"

I'm an old man frank Sad  My sense of humor has probably deteriorated over time.  I'll give you that.

Queshank

It may be age, then again I believe you mentioned you were a big fan of Monty Python...I was enjoying that when I was in junior high, along with my friends.  Not insulting Monty Python, just saying I am not sure how much age has to with it.  Something like George Carlin...yeah, his stuff might require at least a little experience to appreciate.

Anyways, at least part of what you seem to dislike about T&E is in fact their aesthetic, which is low budget, public-access stuff from the pre-internet era.  They have said part of their inspiration for bad editing is also from having to film over old VHS tapes in film school, tapes which often had remnants of previous recordings in the background.

At any rate, here is a 'deeper' description of T&E comedy from a commenter on the clown vid.  As Rabbit has said, there is definitely a darker vein to much T&E stuff, as this commenter points out:

"Personally I think all of Tim and Eric's stuff is from an alternate reality where the economy collapsed some time in the mid-90s and nobody got the memo that the world is over.  Everyone acts like business as usual, endlessly replicating 90s culture and capitalism in progressively more degenerate forms to try to keep things going.  The car's still going but nobody's at the wheel.

All their stuff is this deranged dot-com era nightmare where people sell shit that doesn't do anything, everywhere you see of the real world is falling apart, trash everywhere, people have jobs but they don't make any sense.

It kind of reminds me of a comedy version of the first Mad Max, where the world hasn't quite ended but you can practically feel everything grinding to a halt in the background.  Pre-apocalyptic instead of post-apocalyptic."

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #6 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Clown Town live: gotta love the KFC logo on the backs on their costumes.  Come on Q, you gotta admit there is something more than surface silliness here.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #7 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 8:02am
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Dec 12th, 2016 at 9:27pm:
It may be age, then again I believe you mentioned you were a big fan of Monty Python...I was enjoying that when I was in junior high, along with my friends.  Not insulting Monty Python, just saying I am not sure how much age has to with it.  Something like George Carlin...yeah, his stuff might require at least a little experience to appreciate.

I used to reproduce Pryor's and Carlin's standup act in class when the teacher was out of the room.  Foul language and all.  I was a huge fan.  Carlin especially was highly influential on me. 

But ... honestly ... now I go back and watch the stuff that so entertained me when I was a yute .... and ... it's just not real funny anymore.  Removed from it's place in history and so many comics have come along and built on it so much that they sound quaint and tired now.  (Anthony Jeselnick is the funniest damn comic alive today IMO)

Same goes for Python, which I also used to watch a lot in junior high and high school. 

I suppose this lends itself to the theory that my sense of humor has deteriorated over time Smiley

Quote:
Anyways, at least part of what you seem to dislike about T&E is in fact their aesthetic, which is low budget, public-access stuff from the pre-internet era.  They have said part of their inspiration for bad editing is also from having to film over old VHS tapes in film school, tapes which often had remnants of previous recordings in the background.

Nah, it's not the low budget aspect.  In fact I appreciate that aesthetic. 

It's the fact that the jokes are almost identical to the ones we told and found funny already.  I sometimes watch their stuff and some other modern stuff and think "Man I shoulda just kept all those old tapes of us clowning around ... we'd be Sam and Jeff the comedy duo!"

Quote:
At any rate, here is a 'deeper' description of T&E comedy from a commenter on the clown vid.  As Rabbit has said, there is definitely a darker vein to much T&E stuff, as this commenter points out:

"Personally I think all of Tim and Eric's stuff is from an alternate reality where the economy collapsed some time in the mid-90s and nobody got the memo that the world is over.  Everyone acts like business as usual, endlessly replicating 90s culture and capitalism in progressively more degenerate forms to try to keep things going.  The car's still going but nobody's at the wheel.

All their stuff is this deranged dot-com era nightmare where people sell shit that doesn't do anything, everywhere you see of the real world is falling apart, trash everywhere, people have jobs but they don't make any sense.

It kind of reminds me of a comedy version of the first Mad Max, where the world hasn't quite ended but you can practically feel everything grinding to a halt in the background.  Pre-apocalyptic instead of post-apocalyptic."

I think some of T&E's stuff is hilarious.  That universe skit for example. (Altho a couple parts could have been edited a bit ...although I realize the constant beating of the drum is part of their schtick so I don't judge them too harshly. 

And that might be part of my feeling every night like I have limited time anymore lol.  It's a "move along guys" feeling I get when I watch some of their stuff.

I don't even think South Park is funny anymore Frank.  It's gotta be age.

Queshank

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.

Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Tim and Eric's Clown Town

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog