Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Who Remembers This?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Who Remembers This? (Read 1,776 times)
Luther
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Who Remembers This?
Reply #40 - Mar 15th, 2017 at 3:50am
Print Post  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Bert Number 49
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #41 - Mar 15th, 2017 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Mar 15th, 2017 at 3:50am:

Saturday mornings!

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Representative2

Reply #42 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Bert Number 49 wrote on Mar 15th, 2017 at 11:04pm:
Saturday mornings!

Yep, those were the days and their long... gone Cheesy Grin

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Representative2

Reply #43 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 2:59am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Representative2

Reply #44 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 8:04am
Print Post  

Sanford & Son

IP Logged

Rathbone

Reply #45 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 6:22pm
Print Post  

Crusader Rabbit is the first animated series produced specifically for television  Its main characters were Crusader Rabbit and his sidekick Ragland T. "Rags" Tiger, and their nemesises Dudley Nightshade and Bilious Green. The stories were 4-minute-long satirical cliffhangers.

The concept was test marketed in 1948, while the initial episode – Crusader vs. the State of Texas – aired on KNBH (now KNBC) in Los Angeles on August 1, 1949.  The program was syndicated from 1950 to 1952 for 195 episodes, then was revived in 1959 for 260 color episodes. Jay Ward, who went on to create The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, was involved as business manager and producer.

Following Clokey's success with the Gumby series, Davey and Goliath premiered in syndication on February 25, 1961 as a Saturday feature, and lasted until 1965. By May 1961, it was reported that "Millions of children in cities and towns across the United States and Canada are talking about two new television stars, 'Davey and Goliath'.

After its initial run, several 30-minute holiday special episodes were created in the late 1960s. The series then resumed with some new characters in 1971 and continued until 1973. In 1975, a final 30-minute summer episode was created. In 2004, Joe Clokey produced a new episode, "Davey and Goliath's Snowboard Christmas".

“There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who do not. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.”---- José N. Harris

IP Logged

Rathbone

Reply #46 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 6:28pm
Print Post  

Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse is a children's cartoon television show that was produced by Trans-Artists Productions and syndicated by Tele Features Inc. in 1960. The characters were created by Bob Kane as a parody of his earlier works, Batman and Robin, and in many ways, predict the more "campy" aspects of the later live action series, which William Dozier and Howie Horwitz produced as a villain-driven action-comedy lampoon. This series and characters came to be trademarked and copyrighted by Telefeatures, LLC, owners of the copyright as of the middle of May 2016.

Felix the Cat is a funny-animal cartoon character created in the silent film era. The anthropomorphic black cat with his black body, white eyes, and giant grin, coupled with the surrealism of the situations in which his cartoons place him, combine to make Felix one of the most recognized cartoon characters in film history. Felix was the first character from animation to attain a level of popularity sufficient to draw movie audiences.

“There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who do not. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.”---- José N. Harris

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Representative2

Reply #47 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 8:56pm
Print Post  

Wow.... you know you cartoons Rathbone

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Representative2

Reply #48 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Apr 3rd, 2017 at 8:56pm:

I recognize Felix the cat and David and Goliath only. Not the other two..

IP Logged

Rathbone

Reply #49 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Apr 3rd, 2017 at 8:56pm:

Watched them when I was a kid.  At my age I'm lucky that I can remember them.

Fireball XL5 is a science fiction themed children's television show following the missions of spaceship Fireball XL5, commanded by Colonel Steve Zodiac of the World Space Patrol. The show aired for a single 1962—63 series, produced by husband and wife team Gerry and Sylvia Anderson through their company APF, in association with ATV for ITC Entertainment, and first transmitted on ATV on Sunday 28 October 1962. While developing his new show, Anderson thought a brand of motor oil – Castrol XL – had an interesting sound. A phonetic change created the name "Fireball XL", with the "5" added as the title seemed a bit flat without the numeral.

The show featured the Andersons' Supermarionation, a form of puppetry first introduced in Four Feather Falls (1960) and Supercar (1961) and used again in their subsequent productions such as Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 and The Secret Service. Thirty-nine black and white half-hour episodes of Fireball XL5 were made on 35mm film: all subsequent Anderson series were produced in colour.

Several Anderson series have been shown in syndication in the US, but Fireball XL5 is the only Anderson series to have run on a US network. NBC (the National Broadcasting Company) ran the series in its Saturday morning children's block from 1963 through to September 1965.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Who Remembers This?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog