Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › This is fun. This is a fun time. Feel free to cut and paste more links.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) This is fun. This is a fun time. Feel free to cut and paste more links. (Read 616 times)
Helena Ann Basket
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Re: This is fun. This is a fun time. Feel free to cut and paste more links.
Reply #10 - Mar 9th, 2017 at 9:13pm
Print Post  

Whoops...

IP Logged

Elmer Fudd
LNF Majority Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Helena Ann Basket wrote on Mar 9th, 2017 at 9:13pm:

Whoops...

Thank you for posting those, Gerbils. I was hoping somebody would, and am really glad it was you.

What one would find, if one were objective, is that the level of opacity and spin in just the first less than 100 days of this "administration" greatly exceeds that of any previous administration's full 4 or 8 years.  Not necessarily in numbers of statements of "I don't know" but the subjects about which those "I don't knows" were.  Even prior to the Inauguration when, more than one time, certain spokespeople basically threw up their hands and said "You'll have to ask HIM." Which reporters would have, except Himself sends lackeys out to do his talking and assuage his fragile ego.

This is fun.  This is a fun time.

non sumus stulti

"That's MISTER Fudd to you, pinhead!"

Paul Ryan on Trump's failure to get his healthcare bill passed:  "He did all he could do.  He left it all on the field."

Elmer's observation:  "Other things on his agenda might not be as easy to accomplish as he once thought.  I mean, "he left it all on the field" and STILL LOST!"

IP Logged

Elmer Fudd
LNF Majority Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
https://www.yahoo.com/news/psychology-makes-sense-trump-conspiracy-093046141.htm...

“One of the things Mr. Trump finds disquieting about the office of the presidency is that he can’t control it,” said psychologist Dan McAdams of Northwestern University. “It’s not like being CEO of a private, family-controlled company. It drives him crazy that he can’t just lift his hand and say, ‘make this happen.'”

non sumus stulti

Paul Ryan on Trump's failure to get his healthcare bill passed:  "He did all he could do.  He left it all on the field."

Elmer's observation:  "Other things on his agenda might not be as easy to accomplish as he once thought.  I mean, "he left it all on the field" and STILL LOST!"

IP Logged

Ni puha, ni pera
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Elmer Fudd wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:23pm:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/psychology-makes-sense-trump-conspiracy-093046141.htm...

“One of the things Mr. Trump finds disquieting about the office of the presidency is that he can’t control it,” said psychologist Dan McAdams of Northwestern University. “It’s not like being CEO of a private, family-controlled company. It drives him crazy that he can’t just lift his hand and say, ‘make this happen.'”

He's projecting.

IP Logged

Elmer Fudd
LNF Majority Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
He's projecting.

Accurately, too.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Ni puha, ni pera
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Elmer Fudd wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
Accurately, too.

No such animal...

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Elmer Fudd wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
Accurately, too.

That's what you get when you elect a narcissistic megalomaniac piece of crap.

Non sequitur:

Helena Ann Basket wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Elmer Fudd
LNF Majority Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Quote:
No such animal...

Yes. Yes there is.  It's called "diagnosing."  When a mental health professional, or several in this case, observe behavior and then comment on the underlying issues that cause that behavior, they are not just projecting. They are diagnosing.

But enough of that.  I was thinking again about our current president's promises concerning the health insurance replacement he said was already developed during his campaign.  I recall him saying it was going to (1) cover everybody (b) be better and (III) be cheaper.  It also fit on one sheet of 8.5 x 11 paper it was so simple.  (Okay, I made up that last part.  But not the other parts.)

Not realizing (no one did) he was going to win, he had no idea he'd be asked to produce that sucker.  Well, that really put the pressure on to develop it, don't you know.  When you say you already have something you don't allow yourself a whole lot of time to develop it. 

Be that as it may, he did finally beat one out of somebody.  He may have even helped, but I doubt it.  Seems to me it doesn't meet any of those three goals - it isn't going to cover everybody, it isn't going to be better, and it isn't going to be cheaper.  But we'll see. 

And it also depends on what one means by "cover everybody" (could be he meant everybody of a certain ethnicity or demographic, you know) or "better" (better than what? What we have now?  Or what we had before? Or what we'd have if we had something worse than what he's proposing as another alternative but different from what we have now?) or "cheaper" (for whom?  The customer?  The government?  The insurance company?  The Donald?).

Here's my opinion of the Donald, based on observation.  He spends so much time talking and tweeting that he has no time left for thinking and listening and reading, were he inclined to do any of those things, which, of course, he is not.

This really is fun.  This really is a fun time.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Elmer Fudd
LNF Majority Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
The Donald: "It's gonna cover everybody, it's gonna be better, and it's gonna be cheaper!!"

We'll see:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/how-much-the-obamacare-repeal-might-cost-2158...

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Ni puha, ni pera
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Elmer Fudd wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 10:38am:
Yes. Yes there is.  It's called "diagnosing."  When a mental health professional, or several in this case, observe behavior and then comment on the underlying issues that cause that behavior, they are not just projecting. They are diagnosing.

But enough of that.  I was thinking again about our current president's promises concerning the health insurance replacement he said was already developed during his campaign.  I recall him saying it was going to (1) cover everybody (b) be better and (III) be cheaper.  It also fit on one sheet of 8.5 x 11 paper it was so simple.  (Okay, I made up that last part.  But not the other parts.)

Not realizing (no one did) he was going to win, he had no idea he'd be asked to produce that sucker.  Well, that really put the pressure on to develop it, don't you know.  When you say you already have something you don't allow yourself a whole lot of time to develop it. 

Be that as it may, he did finally beat one out of somebody.  He may have even helped, but I doubt it.  Seems to me it doesn't meet any of those three goals - it isn't going to cover everybody, it isn't going to be better, and it isn't going to be cheaper.  But we'll see. 

And it also depends on what one means by "cover everybody" (could be he meant everybody of a certain ethnicity or demographic, you know) or "better" (better than what? What we have now?  Or what we had before? Or what we'd have if we had something worse than what he's proposing as another alternative but different from what we have now?) or "cheaper" (for whom?  The customer?  The government?  The insurance company?  The Donald?).

Here's my opinion of the Donald, based on observation.  He spends so much time talking and tweeting that he has no time left for thinking and listening and reading, were he inclined to do any of those things, which, of course, he is not.

This really is fun.  This really is a fun time.

That all sounds very good, Elmer. Consider Trump a maniac if you will. Doing so on the basis of some guy who said so on TV ain't very smart, though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › This is fun. This is a fun time. Feel free to cut and paste more links.
LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog