Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Conservative Mindset
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Conservative Mindset (Read 757 times)
Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Conservative Mindset
Reply #10 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Are there actual examples a limited profit organizations? I'm honestly asking. I've never heard of that before. There are non-profits of course where profits I assume go directly back into operations, improvements. But I've never heard of a corporation that self-limits its own profits.

And mind you I'm not saying greed is necessarily bad. In some endeavors, that address wants versus needs, then sure, who doesn't want to make as much as the market will bear.

IP Logged

Possumpoint
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Proud Member of the Doom
& Gloom Club

Reply #11 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
I have no examples to offer but I've heard of licensing authorities specifying percentage of profit when issuing permits to build new medical facilities.

Learn all you can, it's a one way trip.

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #12 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
So then I think we're in agreement that healthcare, need-based aspects of it, should NOT be the purview of for-profit corporations? The thing I'm driving at is that I believe most conservatives would say pure for-profit corporations doing healthcare are ok by them, including no limit profit corporations. I assumed that was a standard plank in the Conservative ideology.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #13 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 1:58pm:
So then I think we're in agreement that healthcare, need-based aspects of it, should NOT be the purview of for-profit corporations? The thing I'm driving at is that I believe most conservatives would say pure for-profit corporations doing healthcare are ok by them, including no limit profit corporations. I assumed that was a standard plank in the Conservative ideology.

I'm no conservative but I have no problem with that position.

There is nothing wrong with profit. There is nothing wrong with voluntary exchange and market prices.

The problem comes in when the rules of the game are distorted to privilege certain players at the expense of a competitive market.

And that is the problem with healthcare. In so many ways, it is a corporatist framework. And that needs to go.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Conservative Mindset

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog