Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Conservative Mindset
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Conservative Mindset (Read 904 times)
Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Conservative Mindset
Mar 9th, 2017 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Help me understand the conservative mindset. And by conservative I mean Movement Conservatives that inhabit the Tea Party, not run of the millers like Lindsey Graham.

So...are Tea Party Conservatives (TPC) for or against profit-driven Corporations, whether they're large global corps or smaller US only corps?

IP Logged

Possumpoint
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Proud Member of the Doom
& Gloom Club

Re: Conservative Mindset
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2017 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
First of all, let me say I'm not a member of the Tea Party. I am a fiscally conservative Liberal. So maybe I shouldn't be saying anything. I believe that profit driven corporations are a good thing. Profit driven corporations meddling in politics isn't. Without profits where is the drive to succeed? Where do the funds to pay the employees come from without profits? The alternative is state run corporations. China and Russia are good examples of how these work out.

Learn all you can, it's a one way trip.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 3:44am
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Mar 9th, 2017 at 1:31pm:
Help me understand the conservative mindset. And by conservative I mean Movement Conservatives that inhabit the Tea Party, not run of the millers like Lindsey Graham.

So...are Tea Party Conservatives (TPC) for or against profit-driven Corporations, whether they're large global corps or smaller US only corps?

The tea party died when they first made the decision to endorse candidates and play the vain and broken system like we have today

So, they have made themselves irrelevant

So, in other words it doesn't matter what the tea party believes anymore

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Possumpoint wrote on Mar 14th, 2017 at 2:08pm:
First of all, let me say I'm not a member of the Tea Party. I am a fiscally conservative Liberal. So maybe I shouldn't be saying anything. I believe that profit driven corporations are a good thing. Profit driven corporations meddling in politics isn't. Without profits where is the drive to succeed? Where do the funds to pay the employees come from without profits? The alternative is state run corporations. China and Russia are good examples of how these work out.
Do you believe for-profit corporations are the best way in all situations, or just in some cases? For example, when a company deals with wants (let's say snack food) versus needs (let's say a hospital).

IP Logged

Possumpoint
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Proud Member of the Doom
& Gloom Club

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 1:31pm:
Do you believe for-profit corporations are the best way in all situations, or just in some cases? For example, when a company deals with wants (let's say snack food) versus needs (let's say a hospital).

These are my opinions on your questions. Profits are fully justified where the product is developed to fill a want. I would also say that they are justified where there is a need but another question quickly raises its ugly head, greed. When there is a need how should society react when the sole source raises their price without displayed justification for the increase. Some price increases were way more than a factor of 10 times. Greed in a field of needs is objectionable in my opinion and should be prevented.

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 10:01am
Print Post  
So then hospitals, and in general healthcare, which serve needs (real needs, not vanity healthcare like tummy tucks, etc.) should not be the realm of for-profit/greed-based corporations?

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Possumpoint?

IP Logged

Possumpoint
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Proud Member of the Doom
& Gloom Club

Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Felt my previous answer addressed your last statement. I see no problem in for profit healthcare facilities so long as greed isn't the driving factor in pricing. Insurance companies act as a brake on pricing in that they only pay a portion of the billed amount.

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #8 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Explain how for-profit healthcare doesn't involve greed? Like letting a hospital only make enough to cover building maintenance? And actually, insurance companies act as an accelerator since hospitals know they won't get what they want from insurers, they jack up prices to eke out more and more. And besides, they work hand in hand to maximize profits for both.
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2017 at 3:12pm by Muckster »  

IP Logged

Possumpoint
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Proud Member of the Doom
& Gloom Club

Reply #9 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 1:26pm:
Explain how for-profit healthcare doesn't involve greed? Like letting a hospital only make enough to cover building maintenance? And actually, insurance companies act as an accelerator since hospitals know they won't get what they want from insurers, they jack up prices to eke out more and more. And besides, they work hand in hand to maximize profits for both.

Define greed. Is any profit greed? Is there a reasonable profit to justify investing? Who outside of government is interested in investing money into an endeavor without getting a rate of return? Profit can be limited to a percentage of return above costs.

Out right greed can be exampled by the owner of a pharmaceutical company jacking the price of a needed treatment up by a huge percentage with out cost justification. There have been a number of recent occurrences of this; Epi pen comes to mind. Another example was the investor that bought a company and immediately jacked the price of its one product, a cancer treatment, up by 600%.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Conservative Mindset

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog