Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › $15/hour for fast food workers?? Bring on the robots.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) $15/hour for fast food workers?? Bring on the robots. (Read 1,114 times)
patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

$15/hour for fast food workers?? Bring on the robots.
Mar 11th, 2017 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
The long talked-about replacement of fast food workers with robots is becoming reality, with ordering kiosks, including at McDonald's.

http://www.businessinsider.com/self-service-kiosks-are-replacing-workers-2016-5

One chain Caliburger, is actually using a machine to flip burgers.

http://www.redstate.com/scotthounsell/2017/03/10/burger-flipping-robot-terminate...

It's really sad when you see these workers marching for their $15.  They expect to get it through the political system, when what they should be doing is taking training to make themselves more valuable to employers.  Why doesn't someone explain this to them?

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: $15/hour for fast food workers?? Bring on the robots.
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
I saw the movie "Hidden Figures"  It was a great movie.  One of the story lines in that movie which is based on real historical facts is that very bright mathematical minds were once called computers.  These people made calculations that are now done by machines.  When one of the characters found out that her job as a computer would soon be replaced by a machine, she went to the library and read up on computer programing.  Once NASA found out that she could program the new machine, she and her staff was not fired, but moved to the jobs of programing the new machine.  That should be a lesson to all those who are sitting and waiting for their old jobs to come back.  They never will.  Learn something new. 

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H. L. Mencken, July 26, 1920

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 3:48am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:59pm:
I saw the movie "Hidden Figures"  It was a great movie.  One of the story lines in that movie which is based on real historical facts is that very bright mathematical minds were once called computers.  These people made calculations that are now done by machines.  When one of the characters found out that her job as a computer would soon be replaced by a machine, she went to the library and read up on computer programing.  Once NASA found out that she could program the new machine, she and her staff was not fired, but moved to the jobs of programing the new machine.  That should be a lesson to all those who are sitting and waiting for their old jobs to come back.  They never will.  Learn something new. 

OBVIOUS.  Now go tell that to your Hillarybots.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Mar 13th, 2017 at 3:48am:
OBVIOUS.  Now go tell that to your Hillarybots.

Grin Grin Grin
Better go tell that to the coalminers in West Virginia waiting for the coal mines to open.

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

IP Logged

Abe
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:59pm:

Greg posted that long ago. Shocked Roll Eyes Oh wait...nah...it can't..yes it could...well just forget it.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Mar 13th, 2017 at 3:55pm:
Greg posted that long ago. Shocked Roll Eyes Oh wait...nah...it can't..yes it could...well just forget it.

Same message, but not the same post.

IP Logged

Abe
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Mar 13th, 2017 at 4:03pm:
Same message, but not the same post.

Good. Now go back over and prove the things you accused me of posting and Harry of saying. And don't bother being obtuse and pretending that you don't know what I'm referring to.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Mar 13th, 2017 at 4:05pm:
Good. Now go back over and prove the things you accused me of posting and Harry of saying. And don't bother being obtuse and pretending that you don't know what I'm referring to.

Go take your pill, I think you are hallucinating again.

IP Logged

Abe
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Mar 13th, 2017 at 4:07pm:
Go take your pill, I think you are hallucinating again.

There it is again. Same reply as last time.

You are a worthless liar.

Abe wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 12:16pm:
The issue with you Waddy is you lie to much and as a result your reputation precedes you.

You accused Ni puha, ni pera of saying something he did't. You were called out and ran.

You accused Littoral of being a Republican. You were called out and ran away.

You accused me of posting article on Chicago for an intended purpose. You were called out and will run away again.

IP Logged

Goose
LNF Representative3

There is no Try...Only
Do or Do Not

Reply #9 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Mar 13th, 2017 at 3:44pm:
Grin Grin Grin
Better go tell that to the coalminers in West Virginia waiting for the coal mines to open.

Not a remotely valid comparison except if the claim is made that government regulation may cost jobs.

According to my research coal miners, when jobs are available, make 60-70 K a year starting out.  That is a tad bit higher than federally mandated minimum wage.

With the low skilled workers like fast food, their "skills" are easily replaced by automation.  Everything from taking orders, to filling sodas, flipping burgers and frying fries.  As folks like you strive to convince the world that their jobs deserve a minimum wage of 15.00, the cost of labor will rise above the cost of automation and the results will devastate those seeking entry level jobs or part-time fill in jobs. 

However, some truth in your statement exists as I said earlier.  A set minimum wage by either federal, state or local governments is in fact a government regulation, and as with many such regulations it can change the way business operate for the good or bad.

I have never seen a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A little bird will fall dead, frozen from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself.--D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › $15/hour for fast food workers?? Bring on the robots.
LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog