Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Is America Now, Like Rome, In A "Damned If You Do Or Damned If You Don't" Situation
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is America Now, Like Rome, In A "Damned If You Do Or Damned If You Don't" Situation (Read 210 times)
Luther
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Is America Now, Like Rome, In A "Damned If You Do Or Damned If You Don't" Situation
Mar 12th, 2017 at 7:43am
Print Post  

Has America weakened itself so much, like Rome, that it's really now beyond repair?

Although the way it happened with Rome and America are different with some similarities , the result and vulnerability of a weak state is the same.

Just like the timeline of the fall of Rome was long, so it is for these United American states. This is why it's difficult for some to see.

The Fall of Rome, let's say was about it's last 100 years. That's a long time to fall. We may also not Fall per say, but we also won't be America anymore which is the same thing

Some huge problems for America

* Cronyism(Trump included)
* It's now 20 Trillion in national debt
* 1/3 of Americans are on some sort of Gov assistance
* Historic out of control legal immigration especially after the 1990 immigration act

What say you?
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:53am by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Geri Tol
LNF Senior Staffer2

Re: Is America Now, Like Rome, In A "Damned If You Do Or Damned If You Don't" Situation
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 7:43am:
  Has America weakened itself so much, like Rome, that it's really now beyond repair?

Although the way it happened with Rome and America are different , the result and vulnerability of a weak state is the same.

Just like the timeline of the fall of Rome was long, so it is for these United American states. This is why it's difficult for some to see.

The Fall of Rome, let's say was about it's last 100 years. That's a long time to fall. We may also not Fall per say, but we also won't be America anymore which is the same thing

Some huge problems for America

* Cronyism(Trump included)
* It's now 20 Trillion in national debt
* 1/3 of Americans are on some sort of Gov assistance
* Historic out of control legal immigration especially after the 1990 immigration act

What say you?

We have not been America for some time now. It gained momentum after the last wave of immigrants from Europe.  These were people who sought a better life and were willing to work for it.

Today's immigrants come for the freebies.  Those that do work still pledge their allegiance to their home countries.  They refuse to assimilate. I'm sure someone will provide the few rare instances when this doesn't hold true, but they are few and far between.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Representative2

Re: Is America Now, Like Rome, In A "Damned If You Do Or Damned If You Don't" Situation
Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:39am
Print Post  
Geri Tol wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:33am:
We have not been America for some time now. It gained momentum after the last wave of immigrants from Europe.  These were people who sought a better life and were willing to work for it.

Today's immigrants come for the freebies.  Those that do work still pledge their allegiance to their home countries.  They refuse to assimilate. I'm sure someone will provide the few rare instances when this doesn't hold true, but they are few and far between.

Quote:
We have not been America for some time now.

You got that right. I already knew that, I just wasn't writing a book Wink

Quote:
Today's immigrants come for the freebies.

I don't totally agree with that. I still think the majority have a strong work ethic. If  the government gives you freebies how can one refuse?

Quote:
They refuse to assimilate.

Its more like vain politicians, our Government and activist make them not assimilate.

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Geri Tol
LNF Senior Staffer2

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:39am:
You got that right. I already knew that, I just wasn't writing a book Wink

I don't totally agree with that. I still think the majority have a strong work ethic. If  the government gives you freebies how can one refuse?

Its more like vain politicians, our Government and activist make them not assimilate.

I should have written many since some do come to work.  It is the government but we elect the same fools over and over again who create these enabling policies.  The faces are different but the ideology is always the same.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Representative2

Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:46am
Print Post  
Geri Tol wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:43am:
I should have written many since some do come to work.

Right, the white European immigrants back in the day didn't have liberal activist and liberal politicians in Gov wanting to give hand outs like we have today

It was sink or swim

IP Logged

Geri Tol
LNF Senior Staffer2

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:46am:
Right, the white European immigrants back in the day didn't have liberal activist and liberal politicians in Gov wanting to give hand outs like we have today

It was sink or swim

Not such a bad policy.  Most will learn to swim quickly when you take their life preservers away.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Representative2

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Geri Tol wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:49am:
Not such a bad policy.  Most will learn to swim quickly when you take their life preservers away.

Yep, I agree.  It worked as far as I'm concerned Wink

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 7:01am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:46am:

It was sink or swim

Remember, it's only been historically recently that we have had an income tax that fed into the govt.  Prior to that, independence was primary to the vast, vast, vast, majority of people.  Those who were denied their independence were termed slaves or indentured servants, and were the financial responsibility of the "owner".  Both of these institutions (for lack of a better word) were despicable, but the govt was not involved in their care or lack thereof.

Then our govt got pushy and wanted into making the decisions for our lives but they needed money for that.  Remember, the govt doesn't produce any product to sell and profit from, so they had to figure out a way to make a profit off of the profits of the workers and the businesses.  Voila, the income tax.  That dreary process has invaded our lives.  The rest is history and the govt has been the greedy recipient of our earnings. 

Now we have become a nation of people who don't really believe that they have to work for their goods.  They believe that the govt owes them their goods, e.g. the "obamma phone", obammacare, to name a couple off the top of my head.  Ugh!  The only money that the govt has to supply those goods are the income taxes paid by fewer and fewer people.  Oh, and of course the fed tax tacked on to most of the goods that we do purchase.  Double ugh!

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Representative2

Reply #8 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 7:11am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Mar 13th, 2017 at 7:01am:
Remember, it's only been historically recently that we have had an income tax that fed into the govt.  Prior to that, independence was primary to the vast, vast, vast, majority of people.  Those who were denied their independence were termed slaves or indentured servants, and were the financial responsibility of the "owner".  Both of these institutions (for lack of a better word) were despicable, but the govt was not involved in their care or lack thereof.

Then our govt got pushy and wanted into making the decisions for our lives but they needed money for that.  Remember, the govt doesn't produce any product to sell and profit from, so they had to figure out a way to make a profit off of the profits of the workers and the businesses.  Voila, the income tax.  That dreary process has invaded our lives.  The rest is history and the govt has been the greedy recipient of our earnings. 

Now we have become a nation of people who don't really believe that they have to work for their goods.  They believe that the govt owes them their goods, e.g. the "obamma phone", obammacare, to name a couple off the top of my head.  Ugh!  The only money that the govt has to supply those goods are the income taxes paid by fewer and fewer people.  Oh, and of course the fed tax tacked on to most of the goods that we do purchase.  Double ugh!

Quote:
Prior to that, independence was primary to the vast, vast, vast, majority of people.  Those who were denied their independence were termed slaves or indentured servants, and were the financial responsibility of the "owner".  Both of these institutions (for lack of a better word) were despicable, but the govt was not involved in their care or lack thereof.

Crepe, why did you bring up slavery? It's/was a whole another issue . Roll Eyes

Why has Trump not said anything about the very issue of the Fed income tax except tweaking it temporarily?

At least you're a thinker and your premise about the progressive Fed income tax is correct

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Representative2

Reply #9 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 8:41am
Print Post  
Geri Tol wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:49am:

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Is America Now, Like Rome, In A "Damned If You Do Or Damned If You Don't" Situation

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog