Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Kumbayah post
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Kumbayah post (Read 1,629 times)
Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Re: Kumbayah post
Reply #70 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The fact is he will likely get that surgery anyway. The hospitals can't refuse an emergency.  The person in admitting may try but I do believe that they are required to do it.  Hospitals have money put aside for what they used to call charity cases. They actually have a dept./person at almost every hospital for that purpose.  Probably has a new politically correct name now.

Bottom line is that we pay for that guy by the hospital passing on the costs.

That just shows a systemic problem. Hospitals should not be required to treat people who cannot pay.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Are all Insurance Salesmen
REALLY that stupid?

Reply #71 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:47pm:
That just shows a systemic problem. Hospitals should not be required to treat people who cannot pay.

It's about basic human decency..  Probably why it seems so foreign to you.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #72 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:59pm:
It's about basic human decency..  Probably why it seems so foreign to you.

Human decency? You mean, taking responsibility for yourself so that you don't have to leech off of others?

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #73 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Reagan was among those of us who thought that the wealthiest country in the world ought to do better than lock poor people out of hospitals when they needed emergency care.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Staffer2

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #74 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
AmericanMom wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 11:42am:
But YOU are required to pay for those services, I cannot build a house anywhere in the USA on bare land, call in the electric company and water company to connect my home and NOT pay for their services.

Actually, you can.

The Rural Electrification Administration (REA) was created by executive order as an independent federal bureau in 1935, authorized by the United States Congress in the 1936 Rural Electrification Act, and later in 1939, reorganized as a division of the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture. It was charged with administering loan programs for electrification and telephone service in rural areas. Between 1935 and 1939 – or the first 4½ years after REA's establishment, the number of farms using electric services more than doubled. The REA undertook to provide farms with inexpensive electric lighting and power. To implement those goals the administration made long-term, self-liquidating loans to state and local governments, to farmers' cooperatives, and to nonprofit organizations; no loans were made directly to consumers.

Because power is a right in this country. It did not start off this way, but it was realized that it was a necessity. I believe healthcare is no longer a privilege, but a right. But it is just that, my belief. You believe otherwise.

So where can we meet in the middle? Because again, I am not leaving, and neither are you. When the pendulum swings back to liberals being in charge, you are going to get pissed again. I do not want that. I want something we both can live with. A plan where we both sacrifice our ideals to form a more perfect union.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #75 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:14pm:
Actually, you can.

The Rural Electrification Administration (REA) was created by executive order as an independent federal bureau in 1935, authorized by the United States Congress in the 1936 Rural Electrification Act, and later in 1939, reorganized as a division of the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture. It was charged with administering loan programs for electrification and telephone service in rural areas. Between 1935 and 1939 – or the first 4½ years after REA's establishment, the number of farms using electric services more than doubled. The REA undertook to provide farms with inexpensive electric lighting and power. To implement those goals the administration made long-term, self-liquidating loans to state and local governments, to farmers' cooperatives, and to nonprofit organizations; no loans were made directly to consumers.

Because power is a right in this country. It did not start off this way, but it was realized that it was a necessity. I believe healthcare is no longer a privilege, but a right. But it is just that, my belief. You believe otherwise.

So where can we meet in the middle? Because again, I am not leaving, and neither are you. When the pendulum swings back to liberals being in charge, you are going to get pissed again. I do not want that. I want something we both can live with. A plan where we both sacrifice our ideals to form a more perfect union.

interesting about the only commie electric co-op that I am familiar with - the electricity to those rural farms, often located miles apart, runs about 60% of the capitalist electric company in town with its subscribers located on 100 ft lots

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Staffer2

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #76 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:24pm:
interesting about the only commie electric co-op that I am familiar with - the electricity to those rural farms, often located miles apart, runs about 60% of the capitalist electric company in town with its subscribers located on 100 ft lots

Really? because then there are the equivalent laws for telephone, modeled after the REA already mentioned, the Communications Act of 1934 and 1966.

It was determined by our country that phones are a right. Doubt it says so in the Constitution or Bill of Rights, yet there it is.

So lets please stop this bickering around side-issues and get to the point. We have to ask ourselves, as a people, if basic healthcare should be upgraded from a privilege to a right. I say yes.

IP Logged

AmericanMom
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #77 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:14pm:
Actually, you can.

Actually, you cannot.. 

Having a phone or electric plumbed to your house is a service you PAY for, if you choose not to pay for you do not have it, therefor it is not a "right" but instead a privilege,
You own above description says Loan Programs  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

AmericanMom
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #78 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:35pm:
Really? because then there are the equivalent laws for telephone, modeled after the REA already mentioned, the Communications Act of 1934 and 1966.

It was determined by our country that phones are a right. Doubt it says so in the Constitution or Bill of Rights, yet there it is.

So lets please stop this bickering around side-issues and get to the point. We have to ask ourselves, as a people, if basic healthcare should be upgraded from a privilege to a right. I say yes.

You are getting your rights and privileges mixed up.. Yes, the electric and phone companies provide the service, ensuring that everyone has access, but that access isn't free and if you CHOOSE to not buy  or pay the monthly fee guess what happens?

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Senior Staffer2

Reply #79 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:01pm:
Human decency? You mean, taking responsibility for yourself so that you don't have to leech off of others?

What if it is a kid? Or do you feel they are on their own too?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Kumbayah post
LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog