Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump leaked his tax forms himself
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump leaked his tax forms himself (Read 1,474 times)
crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Trump leaked his tax forms himself
Reply #30 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 5:48am
Print Post  
Rodney Your Teas Ready wrote on Mar 15th, 2017 at 10:40pm:
Well, if Trump did this it was brilliant. If this was an attempt to hurt Trump whoever cooked it up did not think it through. This was a disaster for Maddow.

Wasn't so great for MSNBC, either.   Grin

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #31 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 8:44am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 5:43am:
Good for him, if that's what happened.  Also, good for him if it didn't happen that way.  Either way, President Trump wins.  hil's said that it wouldn't surprise her if he didn't pay his taxes.  Has she issued a statement yet regarding the tax percentage that he pays?  It's a higher percentage than obummer pays.  Will we ever hear her eating crow?  Will any reporter even ask her or has she become totally irrelevent in today's political system?

Good for him, sure.  He leaks a tiny bit of data that shows him in the best light, pretends to protest "fake news", then basks in his manipulated glory.  But bad for anyone else who wants to know more about his conflicts of interest.  He slayed one straw-man ("see?  I paid taxes!") while ignoring the larger issue.

What Donald "I Love Wikileaks" Trump doesn't realize is that information wants to be free.  Someone, somewhere, will eventually get access to his returns and publish them.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Abe
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Seems the scoop turned to poop and even NBC isn't thrilled or feeling a "Matthews-like" tingle up it's leg.

http://pagesix.com/2017/03/15/nbc-fuming-over-maddows-trump-tax-scoop/?_ga=1.202...

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #33 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Jimmy S wrote on Mar 15th, 2017 at 5:28pm:
“Does anybody really believe that a reporter, who nobody ever heard of, ‘went to his mailbox’ and found my tax returns? @NBCNews FAKE NEWS!”

Trump is very familiar with this man.  Regardless as to what he says.  Trump is a liar.

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 9:30am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 8:44am:
Good for him, sure.  He leaks a tiny bit of data that shows him in the best light, pretends to protest "fake news", then basks in his manipulated glory.  But bad for anyone else who wants to know more about his conflicts of interest.  He slayed one straw-man ("see?  I paid taxes!") while ignoring the larger issue.

What Donald "I Love Wikileaks" Trump doesn't realize is that information wants to be free.  Someone, somewhere, will eventually get access to his returns and publish them.

And to leak a tax return of 12 years ago.  Makes me wonder.  Is this the last time he ever paid taxes?

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Rodney Your Teas Ready
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #35 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 9:30am:
And to leak a tax return of 12 years ago.  Makes me wonder.  Is this the last time he ever paid taxes?

Yes. In fact this is the only time he ever paid taxes. Trump is so brilliant he only paid taxes this one year because he knew he would be president in 2017. So he instructed his team back in 2005 to leak bits of his 2005 tax return this week to throw everyone off the trail and save his presidency.

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #36 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 1:47am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 5:43am:
Good for him, if that's what happened.  Also, good for him if it didn't happen that way.  Either way, President Trump wins.  hil's said that it wouldn't surprise her if he didn't pay his taxes.  Has she issued a statement yet regarding the tax percentage that he pays?  It's a higher percentage than obummer pays.  Will we ever hear her eating crow?  Will any reporter even ask her or has she become totally irrelevent in today's political system?

The leaking part is just speculation.
Even the person who received the documents didn't say that was a certainty. He only said that it was possible.

Quote:
By the way, let me point out that it's entirely possible that Donald Trump sent this to me. Donald Trump has, over the years, leaked all sorts of things," said Johnston, founder of DCReport.org. Johnston won his Pulitzer in 2001 for his stories on the inequality of the tax code while he was with The New York Times.
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/14/trump-may-have-leaked-his-own-tax-return-award-wi...

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #37 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:38am
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 1:47am:
The leaking part is just speculation.
Even the person who received the documents didn't say that was a certainty. He only said that it was possible.

- forms were stamped "Client Copy"
- white house went public even before Maddow, and had unusually quick and ready response

But more than anything else -- these 2 pages show Trump in a good light.  Why would anyone else leak them?

If they oppose Trump, why post just these 2 pages?  Why post this one year, when other years were a bit more "controversial"?  Why post something that helps him?

If they support Trump, why take a risk of leaking them without authorization?  Why risk revealing something unintended?  Why leak at all, when Trump's team had declared the matter "litigated in the election"?

No, the only one who stood to gain was Team Trump.  With this "fake leak", Trump gets mondo PR:
- "the media is illegally publishing my documents!"
- "the deep state is leaking my docs!"
- "I pay my fair share of taxes!"
- "You don't need to see my tax returns -- you've already got them!"
- "let's cut IRS funding!"
- "Dave Johnston, who wrote an unkind book about me?  He's a nobody!"
- "I won't be able to use the 'audit excuse' with my 2016 returns, but now you don't even need them anymore!"
- "what wiretapping?  what russians?  Somebody leaked my freakin' tax returns!"

If there is another reasonable explanation that a Trump opponent would have leaked this, I'm ready to hear it.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Rodney Your Teas Ready
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #38 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:19am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:38am:
- forms were stamped "Client Copy"
- white house went public even before Maddow, and had unusually quick and ready response

But more than anything else -- these 2 pages show Trump in a good light.  Why would anyone else leak them?

If they oppose Trump, why post just these 2 pages?  Why post this one year, when other years were a bit more "controversial"?  Why post something that helps him?

If they support Trump, why take a risk of leaking them without authorization?  Why risk revealing something unintended?  Why leak at all, when Trump's team had declared the matter "litigated in the election"?

No, the only one who stood to gain was Team Trump.  With this "fake leak", Trump gets mondo PR:
- "the media is illegally publishing my documents!"
- "the deep state is leaking my docs!"
- "I pay my fair share of taxes!"
- "You don't need to see my tax returns -- you've already got them!"
- "let's cut IRS funding!"
- "Dave Johnston, who wrote an unkind book about me?  He's a nobody!"
- "I won't be able to use the 'audit excuse' with my 2016 returns, but now you don't even need them anymore!"
- "what wiretapping?  what russians?  Somebody leaked my freakin' tax returns!"

If there is another reasonable explanation that a Trump opponent would have leaked this, I'm ready to hear it.

How exactly did Trump release them?

IP Logged

Ni puha, ni pera
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:52am
Print Post  
Rodney Your Teas Ready wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:19am:
How exactly did Trump release them?

Trump didn't release them. He left the door open, and they escaped.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump leaked his tax forms himself

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog