Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump leaked his tax forms himself
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump leaked his tax forms himself (Read 1,483 times)
Rodney Your Teas Ready
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Re: Trump leaked his tax forms himself
Reply #40 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Quote:
Trump didn't release them. He left the door open, and they escaped.

Must be. FC doesn't like to talk to me. I'm just not cool enough.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #41 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Harry and Bert -- I have often enjoyed your posts, and have valued your significant contributions to this forum.  It's just that in the past year or two, you've gone wicked angry with personal attacks.  Which is fine, if you're into that sort of thing.  I'm just not into that sort of thing.

If, in the current spirit of LNF reconciliation, you can see yourself following the civil discourse as modeled by most of the other conservatives here, then I'll be the first to get back into the debate arena with y'all.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Ni puha, ni pera
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:40am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:26am:
Harry and Bert -- I have often enjoyed your posts, and have valued your significant contributions to this forum.  It's just that in the past year or two, you've gone wicked angry with personal attacks.  Which is fine, if you're into that sort of thing.  I'm just not into that sort of thing.

If, in the current spirit of LNF reconciliation, you can see yourself following the civil discourse as modeled by most of the other conservatives here, then I'll be the first to get back into the debate arena with y'all.

You used to be a fine poster. Lately, you've given yourself over to posting outright lies.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #43 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Quote:
You used to be a fine poster. Lately, you've given yourself over to posting outright lies.

See, saying "you lie!" is not actually a quality debating tactic.  I post my own analysis and interpretation of stuff all the time, and there is at least someone (besides you and Bert) who disagrees with me pretty much every time.  But most of the conservatives here on LNF are not only willing but happy to engage in some good vigorous debate.  People point out flaws in my arguments and gaps in my citations all the time.  And it's fine -- it keeps me on my toes!

But to reply to each one of my lengthy posts with a one-liner that at best ignores everything I said, and more commonly dives into personal attacks -- that's not what I come here for.  I can get that anywhere.  I get no satisfaction from that, and I find it sad that you do.  I encourage you to seek a better way.

So instead of replying to this with another inane zinger, just take a day and think about it...

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #44 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:54am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:38am:
- forms were stamped "Client Copy"
- white house went public even before Maddow, and had unusually quick and ready response

But more than anything else -- these 2 pages show Trump in a good light.  Why would anyone else leak them?

If they oppose Trump, why post just these 2 pages?  Why post this one year, when other years were a bit more "controversial"?  Why post something that helps him?

If they support Trump, why take a risk of leaking them without authorization?  Why risk revealing something unintended?  Why leak at all, when Trump's team had declared the matter "litigated in the election"?

No, the only one who stood to gain was Team Trump.  With this "fake leak", Trump gets mondo PR:
- "the media is illegally publishing my documents!"
- "the deep state is leaking my docs!"
- "I pay my fair share of taxes!"
- "You don't need to see my tax returns -- you've already got them!"
- "let's cut IRS funding!"
- "Dave Johnston, who wrote an unkind book about me?  He's a nobody!"
- "I won't be able to use the 'audit excuse' with my 2016 returns, but now you don't even need them anymore!"
- "what wiretapping?  what russians?  Somebody leaked my freakin' tax returns!"

If there is another reasonable explanation that a Trump opponent would have leaked this, I'm ready to hear it.

First, don't tell me, tell the person who gave them to the network. I was quoting directly from the source you used earlier. Next, you asked why would anyone else leak them, plus brought up that they didn't show any wrong doing, as though it necessarily proves a point you were making. Just because the information didn't reveal wrongdoing doesn't prove it was intentionally leaked by DT. You and others are automatically assuming there must be a bombshell negative somewhere in his taxes, simply because he hasn't released all of his returns. Well you nor anyone else here knows that. His other returns could very well be similar to those reported by MSNBC. And no, just because he hasn't released them doesn't mean otherwise.   

IP Logged

Ni puha, ni pera
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:54am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:52am:
See, saying "you lie!" is not actually a quality debating tactic.  I post my own analysis and interpretation of stuff all the time, and there is at least someone (besides you and Bert) who disagrees with me pretty much every time.  But most of the conservatives here on LNF are not only willing but happy to engage in some good vigorous debate.  People point out flaws in my arguments and gaps in my citations all the time.  And it's fine -- it keeps me on my toes!

But to reply to each one of my lengthy posts with a one-liner that at best ignores everything I said, and more commonly dives into personal attacks -- that's not what I come here for.  I can get that anywhere.  I get no satisfaction from that, and I find it sad that you do.  I encourage you to seek a better way.

So instead of replying to this with another inane zinger, just take a day and think about it...

You post your "analysis" as fact.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #46 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:07am
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:54am:
First, don't tell me, tell the person who gave them to the network. I was quoting directly from the source you used earlier. Next, you asked why would anyone else leak them, plus brought up that they didn't show any wrong doing, as though it necessarily proves a point you were making. Just because the information didn't reveal wrongdoing doesn't prove it was intentionally leaked by DT. You and others are automatically assuming there must be a bombshell negative somewhere in his taxes, simply because he hasn't released all of his returns. Well you nor anyone else here knows that. His other returns could very well be similar to those reported by MSNBC. And no, just because he hasn't released them doesn't mean otherwise.   

I am speculating.  I am taking the speculation by Johnston (the reporter who received the docs) to its logical conclusion, just as many of the talking heads have already done.

I'm asking for a plausible, rational reason why someone who is NOT on Team Trump would leak these docs.  There are plenty of reasons why Team Trump would do it, as I've outlined.  Give me a plausible reason why someone who is NOT on-board would undertake the risks inherent to such a leak.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #47 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:14am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:07am:
I am speculating.  I am taking the speculation by Johnston (the reporter who received the docs) to its logical conclusion, just as many of the talking heads have already done.

I'm asking for a plausible, rational reason why someone who is NOT on Team Trump would leak these docs.  There are plenty of reasons why Team Trump would do it, as I've outlined.  Give me a plausible reason why someone who is NOT on-board would undertake the risks inherent to such a leak.

Yes I know you're speculating that's the problem.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #48 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:16am
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:14am:
Yes I know your speculating that's the problem.

So you do NOT have a plausible explanation for why anyone outside of Trump's own circle would "leak" these particular 2 pages.  Got it.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #49 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:26am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:16am:
So you do NOT have a plausible explanation for why anyone outside of Trump's own circle would "leak" these particular 2 pages.  Got it.

You're working from the assumption they must have been cherry picked, just because they didn't reveal a negative. You nor anyone else here knows that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump leaked his tax forms himself

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog