Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump leaked his tax forms himself
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump leaked his tax forms himself (Read 1,387 times)
wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Re: Trump leaked his tax forms himself
Reply #50 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:38am:
- forms were stamped "Client Copy"

A lot of people could have had the copy marked client copy.  That would be the one he would scan and send, for example, to someone requiring him to personally guarantee a financing arrangement.

Quote:
- white house went public even before Maddow, and had unusually quick and ready response

Maddow's team presented them with a copy of what they had well in advance of their show.  She said this during the episode.

Quote:
But more than anything else -- these 2 pages show Trump in a good light.  Why would anyone else leak them?

To help Maddow get her best ratings anywhere?  To help Trump?  Countless other reasons?

Quote:
If they oppose Trump, why post just these 2 pages?  Why post this one year, when other years were a bit more "controversial"?  Why post something that helps him?

If they support Trump, why take a risk of leaking them without authorization?  Why risk revealing something unintended?  Why leak at all, when Trump's team had declared the matter "litigated in the election"?

You don't think every supporter of Trump fully agrees with his opinion in every matter do you?

Quote:
No, the only one who stood to gain was Team Trump.  With this "fake leak", Trump gets mondo PR:
- "the media is illegally publishing my documents!"
- "the deep state is leaking my docs!"
- "I pay my fair share of taxes!"
- "You don't need to see my tax returns -- you've already got them!"
- "let's cut IRS funding!"
- "Dave Johnston, who wrote an unkind book about me?  He's a nobody!"
- "I won't be able to use the 'audit excuse' with my 2016 returns, but now you don't even need them anymore!"
- "what wiretapping?  what russians?  Somebody leaked my freakin' tax returns!"

Is Maddow on team Trump?  She could have not gone public with them.

Quote:
If there is another reasonable explanation that a Trump opponent would have leaked this, I'm ready to hear it.

Ask Maddow.  She had all these stories about Russian Oligarchs and corruption in her lead up to showing the numbers.

Maybe it was someone that only had that one and wanted to stick it to him somehow by releasing something he refused to.  Maybe it was someone who has more and Trump knows who it is and it was a shot across the bow.  Or, maybe it was a supporter that wanted him to look good.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #51 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Given the chaos and media-confusion surrounding most events at the white house these days (particularly after Donald tweets), I deem it unlikely that Trump and his team would have been so quick to the press in the couple of hours they must have had between Maddow contacting them and Maddow going live.  They had press-ready statements all set, and they even sent copies of that specific form to other news providers.  BEFORE Maddow went on the air.

For a team that is on top of it's game, it would be challenging to get white house communications to respond so effectively and so quickly.  For Team Trump?  Naaahh.

And Maddow went live with it because that's what she does.  She had a scoop.  Of course she would go live with it, regardless of what it does for Trump.  That's her job.

So I'm still struggling to see how someone would be motivated to take the personal risk of leaking this 2-page doc, which clearly benefits Trump, and not actually BE on Team Trump.  Nobody who wanted to "stick it to him" would waste their effort on this particular release.  And nobody who had more and wanted to blackmail him would bother with a test shot -- it would be a simple matter of just alerting him directly.  (Which raises the possibility that someone else out there will use purloined tax forms to blackmail him -- whole 'nuther thread.)

I can kind of see a manic supporter wanting to do it to make him look good, but why risk exposure?  Why second-guess the Donald, who could have released this himself at any time?

The simplest explanation is that Trump leaked it.  He benefited directly, he has done fake-media-shenanigans like this before, he is feeling mounting pressure for running a dumpster fire in the oval office, and he wants to make the media look bad.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #52 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Trump "leaking" them does make sense. It's another shiny object to distract, has no harmful information and he can rant about the failing press. He's certainly not above doing it!  Grin

For too long have we sat under the thumb of mankind! The time has come to *oppose* that thumb!

A nothing burger!

IP Logged

Abe
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 4:49pm:
Trump "leaking" them does make sense. It's another shiny object to distract, has no harmful information and he can rant about the failing press. He's certainly not above doing it!  Grin

"Played" again. Wink

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #54 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:57pm:
Given the chaos and media-confusion surrounding most events at the white house these days (particularly after Donald tweets), I deem it unlikely that Trump and his team would have been so quick to the press in the couple of hours they must have had between Maddow contacting them and Maddow going live.  They had press-ready statements all set, and they even sent copies of that specific form to other news providers.  BEFORE Maddow went on the air.

BECAUSE MADDOW SENT THEM A COPY!!  She said it on air.  They would have had a copy readily available to reproduce and distribute BECAUSE MADDOW GAVE THEM ONE.

And how long do you think it takes to write a statement?  The public knew 2 hours before her show that she had something.  An hour before they knew it was a 2005 return.  How long before the show did the White House know?  Probably before she tweeted.  The statement she read was nothing special.  It looked thrown together in a matter of minutes.

Quote:
For a team that is on top of it's game, it would be challenging to get white house communications to respond so effectively and so quickly.  For Team Trump?  Naaahh.

What was so effective about it?  The statement I saw was pretty weak, actually.  And relatively poorly written.

Quote:
And Maddow went live with it because that's what she does.  She had a scoop.  Of course she would go live with it, regardless of what it does for Trump.  That's her job.

[quote]So I'm still struggling to see how someone would be motivated to take the personal risk of leaking this 2-page doc, which clearly benefits Trump, and not actually BE on Team Trump.  Nobody who wanted to "stick it to him" would waste their effort on this particular release.  And nobody who had more and wanted to blackmail him would bother with a test shot -- it would be a simple matter of just alerting him directly.  (Which raises the possibility that someone else out there will use purloined tax forms to blackmail him -- whole 'nuther thread.)

I can kind of see a manic supporter wanting to do it to make him look good, but why risk exposure?  Why second-guess the Donald, who could have released this himself at any time?

The simplest explanation is that Trump leaked it.  He benefited directly, he has done fake-media-shenanigans like this before, he is feeling mounting pressure for running a dumpster fire in the oval office, and he wants to make the media look bad.

If that is the case he certainly succeeded.  I don't think anyone could have predicted the absolute -- to use your words -- dumpster fire of a show Maddow put on.  I mean, I don't watch her show regularly, so maybe that is normal for her, but wow, what a mess.

And regardless of your derision of any other possibility, there still is no proof of any of the possibilities.  So your factual-sounding thread title is a little bit over the top at the moment.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump leaked his tax forms himself

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog