Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Spicer and Team DID apologize for the UK spying claim, before they said they didn't
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Spicer and Team DID apologize for the UK spying claim, before they said they didn't (Read 170 times)
Vypr
LNF Senior Staffer3

Spicer and Team DID apologize for the UK spying claim, before they said they didn't
Mar 17th, 2017 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Sean Spicer Reportedly Apologizes to Britain For Talking Shit [Updated: White House Says It Wasn't a Formal Apology Because The Trump White House Can Never Apologize Why Would We Apologize When We Haven't Done Anything Wrong]

Sean Spicer, White House Press Secretary and occasional Easter Bunny, went on national TV yesterday and said that President Obama used British intelligence sources to spy on Donald Trump. GCHQ, the British equivalent of the NSA, responded with a rare public statement flatly denying the charge. And now Spicer has reportedly apologized personally to the British intelligence agency.

[Update, 12:44pm: See below for attempts by White House officials to soften claims that a formal apology was made.]

“Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command,” Spicer alleged in a press conference yesterday. “He didn’t use the NSA, he didn’t use the CIA, he didn’t use the FBI and he didn’t use the Department of Justice. He used GCHQ.”

But the Telegraph is reporting that Spicer himself made an apology to GCHQ today, which is probably wise, given the fact that his “sources” were talking heads on Fox News. And Spicer wasn’t the only one apologizing. The Telegraph reports that General McMaster, the National Security Adviser who replaced the disgraced Michael Flynn, personally apologized as well.

“Recent allegations made by media commentator judge Andrew Napolitano about GCHQ being asked to conduct ‘wiretapping’ against the then president-elect are nonsense,” GCHQ said in a rare statement. “They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored.”

Trump sent out a series of tweets last weekend saying that he had found evidence that he had been wiretapped by Obama. When asked this week by Tucker Carlson of Fox News about where he got that information, he claimed that it was in news reports. Those news reports did not demonstrate the things that Trump claims they did.

“Well, I’ve been reading about things,” Trump told Carlson. “I read in, I think it was January 20 a New York Times article where they were talking about wiretapping. There was an article, I think they used that exact term. I read other things. I watched your friend Bret Baier the day previous where he was talking about certain very complex sets of things happening, and wiretapping. I said, wait a minute, there’s a lot of wiretapping being talked about. I’ve been seeing a lot of things.”

So, just to recap, Trump didn’t ask the FBI or any of the intelligence agencies at his disposal about wiretapping. He misread something in the New York Times and half-heard something unrelated on Fox News.

The Senate Intelligence committee has been investigating the claims that former President Obama wiretapped Trump Tower. Yesterday that committee announced that it had found no evidence to back up Trump’s claims. Paul Ryan has also said that he’s seen nothing to substantiate the allegations that President Obama spied on Trump.

It will certainly be interesting to see if Spicer denies the reports that he apologized. Any sign of weakness, including an apology, is generally not tolerated in the Trump administration. It could not be confirmed by press time whether Spicer was wearing a bunny suit while he apologized.

Update, 12:44pm: The White House is already walking back claims that Spicer made a formal apology.

One unnamed Trump administration source told Buzzfeed that while the British government “demanded an apology” the National Security Counsel “worked overnight to try and smooth things over.”

ARTICLE:
https://gizmodo.com/sean-spicer-reportedly-apologizes-to-britain-for-talkin-1793...

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Re: Spicer and Team DID apologize for the UK spying claim, before they said they didn't
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
kinda figured the apology wouldn't last long

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Senior Staffer3

Re: Spicer and Team DID apologize for the UK spying claim, before they said they didn't
Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 1:29pm:
kinda figured the apology wouldn't last long

I'm sure someone (or some people, plural, since both Spicer and McMaster apologized) got in the most trouble over the whole affair precisely because they apologized.

Working for this administration would be the ultimate shit sandwich. Nothing substantive gets done because of all the self-inflicted blood loss. It must be totally demoralizing.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
I'm confused.  Are they apologizing for Trump lying or are they not apologizing for including the Brits in Trumps lie?

Strange....

Greg

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 1:47pm:
I'm confused.  Are they apologizing for Trump lying or are they not apologizing for including the Brits in Trumps lie?

Strange....

Greg

It's only gonna get stranger.

Non sequitur:

Bert Number 49 wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Senior Staffer3

Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:11pm:
It's only gonna get stranger.

The core issue is that there is nothing to celebrate in this obvious stupidity by the administration. It hurts us all. It is complete amateur hour in the White House. You have what amounts to a bunch of bloggers and tweeters being led by the reality TV star tweeter-in-chief, who happens to be a narcissistic serial liar with the attention span of a petulant 3 year-old. They are clueless. Trump is completely unqualified for the position he is in and instead of compensating by surrounding himself with top-notch people, he broke the lunatics out of the asylum and gave them a seat at the table. Working for Trump is the shit sandwich to end all shit sandwiches. It's a daily diarrhea burger for every sad sack tasked with cleaning up the latest twitter-induced embarrassment from their boss.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Spicer and Team DID apologize for the UK spying claim, before they said they didn't

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog