Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trumps presidency feels.... temporary..
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trumps presidency feels.... temporary.. (Read 2,846 times)
EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: Trumps presidency feels.... temporary..
Reply #70 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
I can't really get my knickers in a knot over alleged Russian interference in our election anyway.  It's not like we have clean hands when it comes to that kind of stuff.  We've been sticking our noses into other countries' elections for a long, long time.  Even, I think, had a duly elected president (I am thinking S. Viet Nam) assassinated.  And what about the Shah of Iran.  Batista in Cuba. 

With our record, it's hard to take umbrage when others try to do unto us as we have successfully done unto them.  At the same time, I do favor taking steps to minimize the impact of such interference. But to be shocked?  Nah.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #71 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:34pm:
There were plenty of good options for Republicans to lead the ticket against clinton. Trump is nothing but a distraction and a sideshow. However entertaining it may be to watch liberals squirm over the guy, he is damaging the conservative movement and limiting what can be accomplished.

Definite amen to that.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #72 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
There were plenty of good options for Republicans to lead the ticket against clinton. Trump is nothing but a distraction and a sideshow. However entertaining it may be to watch liberals squirm over the guy, he is damaging the conservative movement and limiting what can be accomplished.

The problem is something I stated very early on in the GOP primary that too many on both sides ignored, I said if Trump wins it would be because voters have had it with politicians who promise the world and deliver nothing.  That win was meant as a slap in the face of the establishment.  Dems did the same thing voting for Bernie.  Folks are fed up with the establishment dictating to us rather then representing us.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #73 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:36pm:
I can't really get my knickers in a knot over alleged Russian interference in our election anyway.  It's not like we have clean hands when it comes to that kind of stuff.  We've been sticking our noses into other countries' elections for a long, long time.  Even, I think, had a duly elected president (I am thinking S. Viet Nam) assassinated.  And what about the Shah of Iran.  Batista in Cuba. 

With our record, it's hard to take umbrage when others try to do unto us as we have successfully done unto them.  At the same time, I do favor taking steps to minimize the impact of such interference. But to be shocked?  Nah.

Isarel under Obama.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #74 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:37pm:
The problem is something I stated very early on in the GOP primary that too many on both sides ignored, I said if Trump wins it would be because voters have had it with politicians who promise the world and deliver nothing.  That win was meant as a slap in the face of the establishment.  Dems did the same thing voting for Bernie.  Folks are fed up with the establishment dictating to us rather then representing us.

If that's why they voted for Trump I am not sure that the cure won't be worse than the disease.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #75 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:37pm:
Isarel under Obama.

Obama interefered in Israel's elections?

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

The Hamster is at it Again
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #76 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:38pm
Print Post  

Yeah, the conservatives are dead in the water again. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #77 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
The Hamster is at it Again wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:38pm:
Yeah, the conservatives are dead in the water again. Roll Eyes

Not dead, but clinging to the same life raft the Tea Party is clinging to.

Actually, conservatives will be fine.  Extremists may be sinking a little, but that's a good thing.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #78 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:38pm:
If that's why they voted for Trump I am not sure that the cure won't be worse than the disease.

People felt there was no viable option on either side.  They simply felt that it is nothing but an establishment who no longer listens and I tend to agree.  I can speak regarding the conservative side that we gave the Reps the House and the Senate and they still would not fulfill their promises that got them in office.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #79 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 4:42pm:
People felt there was no viable option on either side.  They simply felt that it is nothing but an establishment who no longer listens and I tend to agree.  I can speak regarding the conservative side that we gave the Reps the House and the Senate and they still would not fulfill their promises that got them in office.

I agree it came down to two piss poor options.  I will never understand how Trump was able to get the nomination AND be elected simply by pushing people's buttons.  That's all he did. Push buttons.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trumps presidency feels.... temporary..

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog