Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Was God A Boy or Girl?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Was God A Boy or Girl? (Read 1,799 times)
Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Was God A Boy or Girl?
Mar 21st, 2017 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Simple question. Was your god a boy or girl or neither, which I guess would be an "it"?

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Re: Was God A Boy or Girl?
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 7:07am
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 10:10pm:
Simple question. Was your god a boy or girl or neither, which I guess would be an "it"?

God only knows... Wink

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 7:07am:
God only knows... Wink
Yes She does, yes She does.

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
No Christian takers? I thought there'd be alot more of you guys on this forum.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Mar 29th, 2017 at 1:28pm:
No Christian takers? I thought there'd be alot more of you guys on this forum.

Is this important to you?  Jesus was a man and since Jesus is God in the flesh, if you know anything about the Christian faith you would have known that so are we baiting on a forum meant for Christians?
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2017 at 4:18pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #5 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
I want to really know if Christians think their god is a boy. And btw, if you knew anything about the history of Christianity you'd know that it wasn't always the case that Christians thought of Jesus was God incarnate. That idea came much much later after certain sects won out and as a result the notion stuck. But it was just one idea amongst many.

But if you say you think your god is a boy, then the next natural question is, in what way? Obviously not anatomically. And I assume you're not naive enough to think male and female are the only possible genders in the entire universe of god's children. Maybe She created some civilizations on planets around other stars that have more than male/female genders.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Apr 5th, 2017 at 1:36pm:
I want to really know if Christians think their god is a boy. And btw, if you knew anything about the history of Christianity you'd know that it wasn't always the case that Christians thought of Jesus was God incarnate. That idea came much much later after certain sects won out and as a result the notion stuck. But it was just one idea amongst many.

But if you say you think your god is a boy, then the next natural question is, in what way? Obviously not anatomically. And I assume you're not naive enough to think male and female are the only possible genders in the entire universe of god's children. Maybe She created some civilizations on planets around other stars that have more than male/female genders.

Christians who did not think that Jesus was God incarnate were never Christians.  I look at the writings of the very first Christians of the New Testament and everyone of them believed it.  No exceptions.  John 1:1-5, 14, John 10:30-33, John 9:35-38, Colossians 2:9, John 8:58, John 20:28 are some of scripture that totally contradict your claim.  If you know ANYTHING about Christiananity and have read the Bible the disciples called him the Messiah and Lord.  They are the beginning of Chritiananity as their letters have shown.  Jesus was crucified by the Jews because he proclaimed to be the Lord.  So in conclusion, God, in the flesh was a male as scripture testifies.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
To be honest, this thread needs to be on the Religion forum, not the Christian forum.  This forum was started for Christians to discuss scripture and theology.

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #8 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
I was asking Christians about their beliefs. Seawolf, you honestly don't know your Christian history. The NT was a product of centuries of back and forth and revisions, mistakes, etc. And far prior to it there were groups of Christians who "battled" over where Jesus was god incarnate, just a really special guy but not god, and so on. The NT is really just a poor copy/paste job stitched together over hundreds of years. And there were numerous different versions that disagreed greatly in how Jesus was though of. Then King James came along and for political reasons got together representatives of the various groups and they hammered out a compromise interpretation. (And actually long before that Constantine, again for political reasons, by decree declared certain groups heretics. The intepretation we have now, that you claim was there from the very start, just as a matter of fact was not.) Anyway, I sense you're too far gone to have a good conversation with. I'll leave this thread since intolerance for non-Christians seems to be part of it.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 1:28pm:
I was asking Christians about their beliefs. Seawolf, you honestly don't know your Christian history. The NT was a product of centuries of back and forth and revisions, mistakes, etc. And far prior to it there were groups of Christians who "battled" over where Jesus was god incarnate, just a really special guy but not god, and so on. The NT is really just a poor copy/paste job stitched together over hundreds of years. And there were numerous different versions that disagreed greatly in how Jesus was though of. Then King James came along and for political reasons got together representatives of the various groups and they hammered out a compromise interpretation. (And actually long before that Constantine, again for political reasons, by decree declared certain groups heretics. The intepretation we have now, that you claim was there from the very start, just as a matter of fact was not.) Anyway, I sense you're too far gone to have a good conversation with. I'll leave this thread since intolerance for non-Christians seems to be part of it.

Patently false.  Your remarks are mostly hearsay lacking irrefutable evidence.  I have heard the same claim regarding the old testament from folks like you who talk about second hand disagreements with no evidence. Yet Israel has the oldest manuscript of the book of Isaiah, over 1000 years old, and it matches our scripture today. There is history that makes it difficult to say the Bible is fantasy.  I have researched historian writings of the Christian events no further out then 100 years that are conclusive.

Your thread is a duplicate of the one in the religion forum, not appropiate for this forum as it is for the religion forum.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Was God A Boy or Girl?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog